Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Now let's use your data and talk about West Virginia.

2012 Romney - 77k
    2016 Trump - 156k

2012 Anti-Romney - 34k
    2016 Anti-Trump - 41k

Looks like the Anti-trump crowd got a whopping 7k more votes! Woooooh, really fragmented base there! Yikes! How will the GOP EVER survive? Oh but what how many more votes did Trump get over Romney? 79k!? You mean he more than DOUBLED Romney's total?
    1) Yes, West Virginia is a stronghold for Trump voters. Even though you once again have incorrect data (anti-Trump in 2016 was 47k, not 41k) I'll admit Trump did well there.

2) More importantly, we have seen 3 states vote since Cruz and Kasich dropped out. Here's a summary of West Virginia, Nebraska, and Oregon combined. I extrapolated Oregon's current 93% reporting up to 100% in order to be completely fair.

WV/NE/OR Vote Totals
    Romney - 414k
    Trump - 536k (29% increase over Romney)

Anti-Romney - 172k
    Anti-Trump - 266k (55% increase over Romney)

WV/NE/OR as a Percentage
    Romney - 71%
    Trump - 67%

You say Trump has had an unfair disadvantage of opponents who stayed in the race way too long. Well, in the last 3 states he ran unopposed while Romney was still fighting an active Ron Paul in 2012. Despite this clear advantage in Trump's favor, the growth of anti-Trump in 2016 was much larger than the growth of pro-Trump, and Trump received a smaller total percentage of the vote despite running unopposed.

Comment

• I must have missed the part where Trump is running against Romney now. Does it really matter if Romney got more votes or a larger percentage of votes than Trump is now? That was 4 years ago. Let's move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
        I must have missed the part where Trump is running against Romney now. Does it really matter if Romney got more votes or a larger percentage of votes than Trump is now? That was 4 years ago. Let's move on.
        I just assumed @Kung Wu was taking one for the team and keeping @Jamar Howard 4 President: busy with numbers over here instead of on the basketball forum.

Comment

• I just look at bumper stickers for clarification of which candidate is trending. You saw a shitload of Obama bumper stickers leading up to each election. This year, no Shitload for anyone. I see mostly Bernie bumper stickers, virtually zero Trump and zero Hillary bumper stickers.

This tells me that Bernie has the most energized base, small, but willing to platter Crap on their cars for him. Nobody else has energized their base enough to get their followers to plaster cars with bumper stickers. Not even to cover a rust spot.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Moving on, Trump up 45 to 42 in latest national poll.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
              Moving on, Trump up 45 to 42 in latest national poll.
              Is that against Romney or Hillary?

Comment

Is that against Romney or Hillary?
                I moved on to Trump vs. Hillary.
                In the fast lane

Comment

I must have missed the part where Trump is running against Romney now. Does it really matter if Romney got more votes or a larger percentage of votes than Trump is now? That was 4 years ago. Let's move on.
                  We literally have millions of votes that have been cast through formal primary voting the past 5 months. Why not compare those to the millions of votes cast 4 years ago as a relevant comparison? I don't mind looking at current Trump vs Clinton head-to-head data where +/- 1,000 people were polled over the phone, but why on earth would you want to ignore the huge samples of data and only look at the tiny samples? Why not both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                    You are being extremely dishonest @Kung Wu.
                    No I'm not. That's what _I'm_ arguing about. I don't care what you post about. I quoted specifically that statement of yours. And will continue to do so.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

1) Yes, West Virginia is a stronghold for Trump voters. Even though you once again have incorrect data (anti-Trump in 2016 was 47k, not 41k) I'll admit Trump did well there.

2) More importantly, we have seen 3 states vote since Cruz and Kasich dropped out. Here's a summary of West Virginia, Nebraska, and Oregon combined. I extrapolated Oregon's current 93% reporting up to 100% in order to be completely fair.

WV/NE/OR Vote Totals
                      Romney - 414k
                      Trump - 536k (29% increase over Romney)

Anti-Romney - 172k
                      Anti-Trump - 266k (55% increase over Romney)

WV/NE/OR as a Percentage
                      Romney - 71%
                      Trump - 67%

You say Trump has had an unfair disadvantage of opponents who stayed in the race way too long. Well, in the last 3 states he ran unopposed while Romney was still fighting an active Ron Paul in 2012. Despite this clear advantage in Trump's favor, the growth of anti-Trump in 2016 was much larger than the growth of pro-Trump, and Trump received a smaller total percentage of the vote despite running unopposed.
                      You keep touting the percentage as if it proves your point. It doesnt. It's a larger percent of a smaller number. If 10 people voted for Hitler last year and then 15 skinheads vote for him this year, that's an incredible 50% increase. OMG SKINHEAD NAZISM IS ON THE RISE!!! Bullshit.

The increases in "anti-Trump" votes are negligible, while the increase in pro-Trump votes over Romney are eye opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        Moving on, Trump up 45 to 42 in latest national poll.
                        Doesn't surprise me. Hillary has a ton of skeletons in her closet. I'm also a little miffed (especially at CBS) regarding MSM treatment of HRH. The guys (Trump and Bernie) get ambushed by Charlie Rose, Nora O'Donnell and Nancy Cordes. All three of them fawn over Hillary.

I think people are seeing through that and ignoring the MSM (for the most part).

Another phenomenon I've noticed is that there are a lot of us 'elderly white guys' (at least here in Houston) who are going to vote for Trump. Hillary's followers have been openly sexist. That really turns me off. Hillary is also blitzing LinkedIn with promotional materials. Most of it relates to what she will do for women and single-parent families headed by women. She is going to be the second coming of Ann Richards (except on a national scale). She will owe man-hating feminists (including a bunch from Emily's List) so many favors I don't see an end to overt/covert male bashing with her.

Even though the MSM says Trump is dividing America, I think HRH is also doing a great job of dividing America by pitting men vs. women.

All in all, the entire situation is driving disaffected Sanders voters over to Trump, as HRH's team hasn't handled her interactions with Sanders overly well - they come out more like confronters. The question then becomes, who will have a larger turnout? Males who don't trust Hillary's ties (and actions) with feminists or feminists and other associated women who will vote for HRH strictly on the grounds of her plumbing?

Comment

No I'm not. That's what _I'm_ arguing about. I don't care what you post about. I quoted specifically that statement of yours. And will continue to do so.
                          Who are you arguing with? Nobody is arguing otherwise.

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          The argument is about your assertion that Trump won't get to 40%.
                          My assertion? Mine? I never said Trump wouldn't get 40%. Stop lying.
                          Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; May 19, 2016, 12:06 PM.

Comment

You keep touting the percentage as if it proves your point. It doesnt. It's a larger percent of a smaller number. If 10 people voted for Hitler last year and then 15 skinheads vote for him this year, that's an incredible 50% increase. OMG SKINHEAD NAZISM IS ON THE RISE!!! Bullshit.

The increases in "anti-Trump" votes are negligible, while the increase in pro-Trump votes over Romney are eye opening.
                            A 29% increase of 122k is "eye opening" but a 55% increase of 96k is "negligible"?

Ladies and gentlemen, a Trump supporter.

Comment

Who are you arguing with? Nobody is arguing otherwise.

My assertion? Mine? I never said Trump wouldn't get 40%. Stop lying.
                              I'm not arguing, I'm continuing to make fun you for claiming that Trump didn't have 40%.

That's not lying, that's just being a dick.

Comment

A 29% increase of 122k is "eye opening" but a 55% increase of 96k is "negligible"?

Ladies and gentlemen, a Trump supporter.
                                Correct. The percentage you keep touting is practically irrelevant. Ladies and gentlemen, a man in denial.

Comment

Working...
                                X