No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't the government option in the ACA until the last minute when they had to yank it for Lieberman's vote (to get to 60 rather than subjecting to debate/filibuster)?

Comment

• This...

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Cosmetic surgery.

While an injured soldier may need several surgeries, some cosmetic, in reality, all of those procedures are reconstructive.

Regardless of proper medical term, the example was a strawman built to elicit emotion. My insurance will not cover cosmetic surgery, but if my face travels through the windshield of my car, they will cover reconstructive surgery to try and put me back together.

My insurance does not cover gastric bypass or banding, nor penis enhancement or sex change. Not that I want any of these, I'm just pointing it out for sake of the discussion.
      Let's not get sidetracked with technical medical definitions for words like "elective" at the expense of having a discussion around what everyone knows was meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        Skinny repeal fails 51-49.

Collins, Murkowski and McCain voted against. Healthcare reform is dead for the time being (again).
        It is almost like we need solid leadership from the Presidency in order to get 50-some-odd Senators to come to near unanimous agreement on something complex like health insurance. Hmmmm, would have never guessed Trump lacked that trait.

lol. The morons who voted for Trump in the primary are looking dumber and dumber each and every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Exactly what I said to my wife this morning. Obama knew it would take time for the insurance industry to crumble, give it a couple more years and US companies will stop offering healthcare benefits.
          Wouldn't most companies take a hit to their taxes to jettison anout half of their HR department, 1/4 of their payroll expense, and one less thing to have the government poking around in their business about? If I was an employer I would be on single payer like white on rice.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            It is almost like we need solid leadership from the Presidency in order to get 50-some-odd Senators to come to near unanimous agreement on something complex like health insurance. Hmmmm, would have never guessed Trump lacked that trait.

lol. The morons who voted for Trump in the primary are looking dumber and dumber each and every day.
            It's going to be interesting to see how they package the tax cuts if they move ahead with those before revisiting health care. It will be a hard sell from a budget standpoint.

I think the odds of a government shutdown probably went from ~20% to about 60% last night.

Comment

• I wonder what the Southern Baptist Convention leadership does behind closed doors every time one of these Scaramucci-esque meltdowns happens. Kiss a photo of Gorsuch and pray for a blood clot?

Comment

• Priebus replaced via Trump tweet the day after getting pooped on by Scaramucci. Supposedly his car was removed from presidential motorcade as it happened, lol if true.

Comment

• Scaramucci's wife just filed for divorce over his acceptance of the job in the administration.

Seems impossible this level of low brow entertainment will ever be replicated in Washington.

Comment

• This is so sad. Our wonderful country is now the butt of jokes around the world.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      This is so sad. Our wonderful country is now the butt of jokes around the world.
                      Only if you define a country by their government.

Which is silly, and yet another reason to always limit it!!!!!
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Only if you define a country by their government.

Which is silly, and yet another reason to always limit it!!!!!
                        In an odd twist, those who want to limit it and have the power to do that are the ones providing the "entertainment".
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Trump demands total loyalty. Anyone who rocks the boat or disrupts him (Spicer, Yates, Bharara, Comey, Preibus, Sessions and Mueller soon to come) will be fired, humiliated, and replaced with someone more likely to follow orders. I feel like the repeated absurdities of the past 6 months has made it difficult to step back and realize how far we've drifted from normalcy, so I'd just like to reiterate:

This is not normal in a functioning western democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            Trump demands total loyalty. Anyone who rocks the boat or disrupts him (Spicer, Yates, Bharara, Comey, Preibus, Sessions and Mueller soon to come) will be fired, humiliated, and replaced with someone more likely to follow orders. I feel like the repeated absurdities of the past 6 months has made it difficult to step back and realize how far we've drifted from normalcy, so I'd just like to reiterate:

This is not normal in a functioning western democracy.
                            That list of people he's fired would indicate that he needs a little work on his interview skills. That many firings is generally an indication of a lot of hiring mistakes.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              That list of people he's fired would indicate that he needs a little work on his interview skills. That many firings is generally an indication of a lot of hiring mistakes.
                              Are you saying he is better at saying "You are fired" than "You are hired"

Comment

• Ironically, he reportedly avoids firing subordinates in person at all costs.

Someone else always drops the axe, or the news is delivered indirectly by way of Tweet or press release.

Comment

Working...
                                X