Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Here's another...if we are okay with illeagals voting here, why not open up the POTUS election to all of North America? That may sound absurd, but why should Americans be the only people allowed to vote? Everyone is impacted.
    except Quebec.............**** the French

Comment

• Weekend recap: (1) Jr. admits that he met with a Russian to get information he could use against Clinton. (2) Trump says he believes Putin when Putin says Russia had no involvement in the US election.

And don't tell me "this is just what countries do." This is a criticism of Trump for being dishonest or incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Weekend recap: (1) Jr. admits that he met with a Russian to get information he could use against Clinton. (2) Trump says he believes Putin when Putin says Russia had no involvement in the US election.

And don't tell me "this is just what countries do." This is a criticism of Trump for being dishonest or incompetent.
        According to this ABC article, point #2 is incorrect:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-time-work-constructively-russia/story?id=48530164
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          According to this ABC article, point #2 is incorrect:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=48530164

I think the ABC article is a case of his staff doing damage control.

Comment

• I think the most likely reality is that Trump doesn't believe or disbelieve Putin. Trump doesn't care enough to have much of an opinion. He is focused on media attacks and publicity, assuming he isn't just impulse posting on Twitter without any plan. He's a mess, disorganized, and doesn't appear to have a care in the world about politics or policy. It's all about him.

If a bill for a single payer health care system reached his desk, he would sign it and throw a party celebrating his greatness. Exact same if the bill was total dismantling of social security.

He just doesn't care. Once again, it is just all about him.

Now watch the Republicans squander their time in power with virtually no legislative successes, the Dems take over in 2018, and then we get 2 years of Trump "getting stuff done" with bills passed by Dems, and Trump doing a full "Republicans are idiots, I gave them their chance, now look at me, I'm so great".

Comment

Weekend recap: (1) Jr. admits that he met with a Russian to get information he could use against Clinton. (2) Trump says he believes Putin when Putin says Russia had no involvement in the US great wall of china wichita kselection.

(1) you left a lot of Jr's statement off. My understanding is that he didn't document that meeting on fed. Disclosure statement but later realized it and amended his statement on the disclosure papers. Additionally, Jr. wasn't alone, and Manafort and Kushner were a part of the meeting too and they did disclose the meeting. The statement was too long to say everything but according to Jr. nothing came if it.

Does this prove collusion? I would say that more needs to come out before that will happen but Dems will pounce and Repubs will say it is nothing. Imo we will need more before we know.

Comment

• I thought Mitt Romney's chief strategist, Stuart Stevens, had a good analysis of the Don Jr. stuff. He basically pointed out that when the Gore team received private Bush docs that had been stolen, they called the FBI. If the Russians claim to have stolen damaging info on your opponent, who is also a former Sec of State, you don't meet with them. You call the FBI.

I'm struggling to see why this is controversial. No, I don't think the Trumps worked with the Russians nearly as thoroughly or strategically as many on the left claim, but I also don't think they had any problems being unethical when opportunities arose. And now, they are being exposed for the umpteenth time as the horrible liars that they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  (1) you left a lot of Jr's statement off. My understanding is that he didn't document that meeting on fed. Disclosure statement but later realized it and amended his statement on the disclosure papers. Additionally, Jr. wasn't alone, and Manafort and Kushner were a part of the meeting too and they did disclose the meeting. The statement was too long to say everything but according to Jr. nothing came if it.

Does this prove collusion? I would say that more needs to come out before that will happen but Dems will pounce and Repubs will say it is nothing. Imo we will need more before we know.
                  I wasn't saying it's the nail in the coffin or anything. I honestly don't know if it was disclosed or not disclosed. I'm just saying he admitted that he took the meeting with the specific intention of getting information about Clinton. Whether he actually did or did not get any information doesn't really matter to me. Maybe that's old news, but I certainly hadn't heard him specifically confirm that prior to this weekend.

Comment

I wasn't saying it's the nail in the coffin or anything. I honestly don't know if it was disclosed or not disclosed. I'm just saying he admitted that he took the meeting with the specific intention of getting information about Clinton. Whether he actually did or did not get any information doesn't really matter to me. Maybe that's old news, but I certainly hadn't heard him specifically confirm that prior to this weekend.
                    No I don't think Jr. did come out with another story from what he had before. But if the others at the meeting had disclosed it prior, this takes a little of the scandal out of it, which its what my understanding is. It's too bad that you have to look so hard for correct information these days but the few minutes a day that I can watch the news, the information is so slanted, that you have to do research to find out the full story. That is what it seems to me.

Comment

Precisely. It's the intent that matters much more than the outcome. If a golfer improves his lie, but then shanks his next shot, he still cheated, even if nothing was gained.

Trump Jr. has repeatedly claimed he never had meetings like this one that he now admits he had. Same story for many in this administration. Even if they got nothing useful, the lies, and the intent to obtain stolen information from a foreign government, is more than enough to make this a big deal.

Comment

• Trump Jr. in March 2017:

“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” he said. “But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                          I think the most likely reality is that Trump doesn't believe or disbelieve Putin. Trump doesn't care enough to have much of an opinion. He is focused on media attacks and publicity, assuming he isn't just impulse posting on Twitter without any plan. He's a mess, disorganized, and doesn't appear to have a care in the world about politics or policy. It's all about him.

If a bill for a single payer health care system reached his desk, he would sign it and throw a party celebrating his greatness. Exact same if the bill was total dismantling of social security.

He just doesn't care. Once again, it is just all about him.

Now watch the Republicans squander their time in power with virtually no legislative successes, the Dems take over in 2018, and then we get 2 years of Trump "getting stuff done" with bills passed by Dems, and Trump doing a full "Republicans are idiots, I gave them their chance, now look at me, I'm so great".
                          I believe you have absolutely nailed it!

Those of us who paid any attention to him before he was a candidate have seen every one of the traits you mentioned. Your description exactly fits the mold of what Trump is all about and what he cares about.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Looks like the moron got his hand slapped

just noted this:

So can someone please tell me why this moron is running for governor? Is anyone credible running against him, or will yet another village idiot get elected governor?

Comment

• Regardless of who or what Trump is - this is why Trump getting elected over Hillary matters.

Attached Files

Comment

• Interesting gif. I did not know the democrats held so many federal judgeships.

Comment

Working...
                                X