Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    By the way, what hillary did was dumb and stupid but husband who has certain security clearances states that it is protcol to hit the phones with hammers and to wipe the phone. However she shouldn't have ever had a private email server. This was in response to shock prez. Can't change it on mobile

Nice try. Here's what you REALLY should do:

Computerworld Security Manager's Journal contributor Vince Tuesday offers his best practices for managing PC disposal and data destruction.

Barney, Barney's buddy, (a.k.a. the Secret Service), Bill or Bill's buddy should not be doing this. There should be a list of serial numbers, the devices should be held for safekeeping, a professional organization with appropriate certifications should be destroying the phones and a certificate rendered at the end of the process. And since the phones contained (probably) sensitive information, I would further say DoD guidelines probably should have been followed.

This is very close to the 'chain of evidence' processes used to preserve evidence. But this type of behavior is typical for the Clintons, sort of like Bill 'accidently' running into Loretta Lynch on an airport runway and paying a social visit to ask her what the weather was like and how her kids were doing.

If you can't tell, I get tired of both sides not being accountable for their behavior and 'blaming it on the other guy'. If you're not accountable enough to yourself (or anyone else for that manner) to know something is wrong without invoking 'the other guy did it so I can too' argument. It's hypocritical and morally bankrupt.

Comment

• Looks like Crazy Bernie is the one under an actual FBI investigation ay the moment.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

No, really... I'm reporting what my husband told me. I know he has the clearance cause i was interviewed for part of it.

Despite what you think, I've said a million times what hillary did was bad.
        Having a top secret clearance and knowing the DoD regs on the destruction of mobile devices are two totally unrelated situations. People get clearances for a whole bunch of reasons, not all of them related to Information Technology.

People who exhibit thinking like you've done here are the types who actually believe what Alex Jones says.

Comment

Found it. So he is. Investigations all around! Sanders gets one, hillary gets one, trump get ones.
          Let's clear all this misinformation some people are spreading here.

Bernie IS NOT UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION. His wife, Jane, is. She is (was) the president of a university in Maine which mysteriously went bankrupt. Money is missing. Whether she was competent, incompetent or a thief has nothing to do with Bernie (unless someone is prepared to prove he was part of any conspiracy). There are tens of millions of dollars of money missing.

The reach on this one is something akin to saying Trump is getting investigated for receiving money from the Russians when it was actually Flynn or Manifort.

As they point out to people with opposing views so often, it is also important for them to get their facts straight.

Comment

Personal insult.
            I'm sorry, what? You quoted @shocka khan: and if you're saying in that quote he personally insulted you, can you please point out where? His comments seem clear, concise and benign. Maybe I'm missing something. You did it again in the next post. Again, not seeing it.

Originally posted by seskridge
            I've always said it was trumps team under imvestigation which may include trumps personal dealings. And yes it is bernies wife.
            Seriously? That's such a stretch. You really need to not expound your thought process like that. You aren't guilty until proven innocent in this country. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable in a less free society, like Cuba perhaps?

Comment

I've never said that trump was guilty of collusion. Comey specifically stated that others had concerns about telling trump he wasn't under investigation because the investigation of his team involves ultimately looking at trumps actions as well.

Leave the Khan thing between the two people it is about. Comparing me to an Alex Jones believer is an insult
              Telling us we are all circle-jerking 👍
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Leave the Khan thing between the two people it is about. Comparing me to an Alex Jones believer is an insult
                I think you're intentionally confusing insults with hyperbole, but I'll leave that for you 2 to hash out. Should be fun to watch.

People should see Alex Jones and Bill Mahr, for instance, in the same light. Neither should EVER be on anything resembling a "news" show. Neither has much of a clue, and both are entertainers. Yet one is seen as quasi-informed, the other a lunatic. I wonder why?

Comment

• What I really want to know is this, if Jake The Snake Roberts attacked Trump with a cobra, who would win? Trump? The cobra? Or would Trump collude with the cobra, the cobra turn on Roberts, and bite Roberts in the face?
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I've never said that trump was guilty of collusion. Comey specifically stated that others had concerns about telling trump he wasn't under investigation because the investigation of his team involves ultimately looking at trumps actions as well.

1) You are not a qualified expert on security clearances. Neither am I. However, I know the difference between a public trust clearance and a top secret clearance. That means I know a little more about this topic than you do.
                    2) You are not a qualified expert on DoD regs as they apply to the destruction of personal devices (including phones), and based on your post, I don't believe your husband does, either. I have considerably more expertise in the area of information security, and particularly these DoD regs and the application of those regs than you do. I've spent the last three and a half years working for a large technology company, specifically in information technology risk management around public trust contracts (which means I don't have a public trust clearance, but the people who are my clients do).
                    3) You posted an inaccurate post, using questionable attribution as if it were an expert statement.

Isn't that what Alex Jones does? I'm just saying your taking your husband's clearance (whether it be a public trust clearance or a top secret clearance) and extrapolating that into how personal devices ought to be destroyed is an extreme stretch, almost as close to a falsehood, whether intended or unintended, could be.

You may have done this accidently, Jones does this deliberately, but it serves the same end. Making a pretext look honest by providing corroborating information which has no application to the subject matter at hand is exactly what he does. Perhaps the only difference in this case is motive.

Is this how scientific study is performed in your profession? Do you not have to have some sort of a direct, factual link to any hypothesis you set out to prove? If you spouted something so ill-informed like this in a professional setting, you would definitely be guilty of malpractice, and you ought to be called out on it.

Comment

• The top Democrat on the U.S. House Intelligence Committee on Sunday criticized the administration of former President Barack Obama for not taking earlier and tougher action against Russia for its alleged hacks aimed at swaying the Nov. 8 election for Donald Trump. "The Obama administration should have done a lot more when it became clear that not only was Russia intervening, but it was being directed at the highest levels of the Kremlin," said Representative Adam Schiff on CNN's "State of the Union" program. The Obama administration imposed sanctions in December on two Russian intelligence agencies over their alleged involvement in hacking political groups during the election, but those sanctions were too little, too late, Schiff said.

Comment

You might also go watch the daily show from when trump sent out the tweet about hillary and her hammer from earlier this month. They actually show the DoD's guideline and the examples clearer show that the hammer thing is legit.
                        Problem is all the information that was wiped clean was under subpoena.

Comment

This is a forum not a professional practice. You need to calm down. And is it too hard to say, sorry I crossed a line. Do you call others out like you do me when they are inaccurate? I dont believe so....
                          Yes I do. I think there are people out here who you have interactied with who would vouch for that.

And I accept your apology, while pointing out to you that it is just as important to conduct your personal thoughts and opinions as you would your professional ones, particularly if you want to be respected.

Comment

I actually never voted prior to this election because I've always felt both sides had competent people and never worried about the usa.
                            O

M

G

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              People should see Alex Jones and Bill Mahr, for instance, in the same light. Neither should EVER be on anything resembling a "news" show. Neither has much of a clue, and both are entertainers. Yet one is seen as quasi-informed, the other a lunatic. I wonder why?
                              Bill Mahr is wrong in oh so many ways, but to call him equal to Alex Jones? Come on now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                                Problem is all the information that was wiped clean was under subpoena.
                                The way the testimony read on this (and the way this was introduced into this thread) it would appear as if a random person did the destruction. This is not per DoD regulation, no way, no how.

DoD regulations:
                                1) turn the device over to the IT department for safe keeping (and they usually put it in a safe, U of Washington just had a data breach from someone stealing a safe in their IT department but the data was encrypted and was part of a database backup. They still had to notify over 1 million people). The serial number is recorded.
                                2) The IT department removes the SIM card and uses a DoD-approved software wipe program that performs multiple (I remember at least 4) passes.
                                3) The IT department, who has contracted with a certified company to dispose of computer hardware, has the third party pick up the device, and destroy it through any number of acceptable means. This could include melting the media down, drilling holes in it, crushing it, shredding it or whatever is acceptable by the DoD.
                                4) the certified company who destroyed the device provides a certificate of destruction with the serial number of the device on it.

That is how it is SUPPOSED to be done (in order to preserve the chain of evidence, just in case it was mishandled, or in this case in case some random dude took a hammer to it and now it somehow does not exist anymore, but you'll have to take our word on this).

Hillary could have been sanctioned for not producing this information. She got yet another freebie by getting the judge to sign off on her promise it was destroyed, even though there was no evidence it had been.

Once again, this was not a DoD-approved procedure. If you or I had done this with top secret information, we would probably be looking at jail time.

Comment

Working...
                                X