Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Is there a reason other than intuition that some of you guys think Trump will be competitive in the northeast and other democratic strongholds in the general election?

Polls say otherwise with emphasis. Just wondering.
    I think until running mates are selected, it's too early to give credence to polls. Cruz would get crucified in the N.E. regardless who he selects. If Trump selects Christie he could take New Jersey.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      No vote in Colorado.
      No vote in Wyoming.
      Collusion amongst Cruz and Kasich (who was mathematically completely out of the race moons ago).
      Bought off delegates by the LOSER of a state election to convert the delegates from backing the winner.
      GOP ballots being mysteriously lost.
      Delegates "accidentally" being left out of delegate race.
      GOP delegate ballots not showing which candidate they support.
      Ah, so pretty much all the things we've come to expect from both parties during a presidential election cycle.

It's the nature of what appears to be increasingly corrupt political parties in the US, both at the federal and state levels. And it's a big part of the reason I'll likely not vote for either major party candidate in November, not that I would ever consider voting for a Dem.

Comment

Trump has already surpassed Romney's entire primary season in raw votes. George W. Bush set the record with 10,800,000 votes in the primary in 2000. Trump is going to break that record. Record turnout in a primary would seem to be a strong case for enthusiasm, wouldn't it?
        Not really, the reason the turnout has been high is because the primaries have been competitive much longer than normal.

If the primary had been decided after 5-6 states like it usually is, you would have average turnout.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Not really, the reason the turnout has been high is because the primaries have been competitive much longer than normal.

If the primary had been decided after 5-6 states like it usually is, you would have average turnout.
          They haven't _really_ been competitive at all from a popular vote perspective -- which is what we're talking about. It's been a complete, unequivocal and total ass whooping. The only thing keeping it going is dirty behind-the-scenes politics and cheating.

But your argument is a bit backwards in my way of thinking -- the more competitive a race is, the more divided the votes generally. The fact that he is accomplishing a record vote total with TWO other competitors instead of the usual ONE at this point is mind boggling, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
            Trump give a foreign policy speech today. It should be watched by everybody as part of determining who to vote for. I'm sure it can be found on-line. Yes he was Presidential enough. I'll have to review it again to come to conclusions. Some of it was good.

I thought he was going to name more of his foregin advisory team today. He did say in the speech he will bring in new people. I'll be very interested in who they are.

Comment

• Tim Pawlenty for presidents. His daughters go to KU.........wow. That's all I got to say.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Tim Pawlenty for presidents. His daughters go to KU.........wow. That's all I got to say.
                I was just thinking about the Whiskey (or was it bourbon) thread. What's your favorite in the realm of alcoholic drinks?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Trump has already surpassed Romney's entire primary season in raw votes. George W. Bush set the record with 10,800,000 votes in the primary in 2000. Trump is going to break that record. Record turnout in a primary would seem to be a strong case for enthusiasm, wouldn't it?
                  Bush vote total in 2000 was 12,000,000+.

Hillary has gotten 12,200,000 votes to this point in 2016.

I think there is enthusiasm for the primary because the contest have been competitive. 538 has did an analysis of past election and have determined that primary turnout is not predictive of general election turnout.

Republican turnout is up and Democratic turnout is down in the 2016 primary contests so far. That has some Republicans giddy for the fall; here’s an example, fr…

As far as the Colorado caucus - it was decided last year (2015) they were not having a "preference: vote. It wasn't a conspiracy against Trump. The no primary vote in Wyoming was not unusual either as they seem to go about their process in 2008 and 2012 a little unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I was just thinking about the Whiskey (or was it bourbon) thread. What's your favorite in the realm of alcoholic drinks?
                    Gin.

Though, I do enjoy scotch.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                      Not according to this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...le-are-voting/ or this http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve...-record-222510

Comment

538 has did an analysis of past election and have determined that primary turnout is not predictive of general election turnout.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eral-election/
                        Interesting. It's going to be an interesting election, that's for sure.

As far as the Colorado caucus - it was decided last year (2015) they were not having a "preference: vote.
                        Yes, they did so immediately after the RNC rules changed to require states to bind delegates in proportion to the result of their primary or caucus vote. By not having a vote, the delegates can vote for anybody they want. Total bullshit set up for cheaters by cheaters.

Comment

No vote in Colorado.
                          No vote in Wyoming.
                          Collusion amongst Cruz and Kasich (who was mathematically completely out of the race moons ago).
                          Bought off delegates by the LOSER of a state election to convert the delegates from backing the winner.
                          GOP ballots being mysteriously lost.
                          Delegates "accidentally" being left out of delegate race.
                          GOP delegate ballots not showing which candidate they support.
                          Where you have gone wrong is thinking that the Republican Party is a public entity. It's not.
                          Ted has gained support of delegates on a second ballot: they still have to adhere to the voters on the first. ****, I'm pretty sure it's Florida that has to vote the same on three.
                          Colorado and Wyoming set up their system several months ago. Everybody had plenty of warning. Trump blew it off thinking he wouldn't need those.
                          There is a reason we don't elect by direct majority.
                          Nothing being done by Cruz and Kasich is cheating. They are finishing the race.
                          Get out of the mainstream media.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Where you have gone wrong is thinking that the Republican Party is a public entity. It's not.
                            Huh? I haven't said anything about the private or public nature of the Republican Party.

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            Ted has gained support of delegates on a second ballot: they still have to adhere to the voters on the first.
                            NOT IN COLORADO!! And that's the point!

Colorado and Wyoming set up their system several months ago. Everybody had plenty of warning. Trump blew it off thinking he wouldn't need those.
                            Trump is certainly affected by this, but the bullshit nature of what Colorado has done isn't about Trump. It's about a corrupt group of men that decided they would get creative and circumvent RNC rules _so that they are not bound to any candidate_. In fact, I think they did this to prevent Rand Paul from getting votes more than they did someone like Trump.

Consider this: In Colorado, you had to vote for your delegates long before you even knew who would be running for President!

And then they blindly get to select which candidate they want to choose without being bound to anybody.

That's sleazy at best, and corruption at worst.

There is a reason we don't elect by direct majority.
                            Well, according to the RNC, the rules for how delegates are _supposed_ to behave is very clear -- and most definitely meets the criteria of supporting a majority election:

(1) Any statewide presidential preference vote that permits a choice among candidates for the Republican nomination for President of the United States in a primary, caucuses, or a state convention must be used to allocate and bind the state’s delegation to the national convention in either a proportional or winner-take-all manner, except for delegates and alternate delegates who appear on a ballot in a statewide election and are elected directly by primary voters.

So Colorado just decided to now allow her people to vote. Majority?!? Hell we can do better than that: We don't even have to listen to a single constituent! Not one! We'll just go to the highest bidder! Brilliant!

Nothing being done by Cruz and Kasich is cheating.
                            This type of collusion is not cheating, but it's definitely dirty politics. Kasich only recently surpassed Rubio's popular vote total. LMAO!!! He serves no purpose being in the race, other than being bought off by somebody to try and steal delegates for somebody else and to siphon popular votes away from somebody else. Again, not cheating, just dirty political collusion.

Cheating is leaving off a ballot who a delegate that you are supposed to elect is bound to. And forgetting to leave delegates off of ballots. Cheating is spreading a lie that another candidate has bowed out of the race when leading up to an election.

They are finishing the race.
                            No, they are just getting their collective asses completely kicked by an outsider. And I mean thoroughly:

Trump Cruz Rubio Kasich
                            Popular Vote 10,056,690 6,854,211 3,461,265 3,672,832

Trump Cruz Rubio Kasich
                            Delegates 987 562 171 153

Get out of the mainstream media.
                            Actually, it appears to me that you are the one regurgitating media. Those numbers above didn't come from the mainstream media. In fact, I haven't had time to catch up on news for several weeks. I'm just now taking a look at the numbers, and they are telling a very interesting story compared with what is being reported.

Comment

Hillary has gotten 12,200,000 votes to this point in 2016.

I think there is enthusiasm for the primary because the contest have been competitive. 538 has did an analysis of past election and have determined that primary turnout is not predictive of general election turnout.

Republican turnout is up and Democratic turnout is down in the 2016 primary contests so far. That has some Republicans giddy for the fall; here’s an example, fr…

As far as the Colorado caucus - it was decided last year (2015) they were not having a "preference: vote. It wasn't a conspiracy against Trump. The no primary vote in Wyoming was not unusual either as they seem to go about their process in 2008 and 2012 a little unusual.
                              This article touches on the discrepancy:

Donald Trump will likely wind up winning the most primary votes of any GOP presidential candidate in modern history, the author of the influential Smart Politics blog told The Post on Wednesday. Af…

Either way, he will beat the record. In a contest with three candidates.

Comment

This article touches on the discrepancy:

Donald Trump will likely wind up winning the most primary votes of any GOP presidential candidate in modern history, the author of the influential Smart Politics blog told The Post on Wednesday. Af…

Either way, he will beat the record. In a contest with three candidates.
                                I hope you are right - I cringe having to look at Hillary everyday for 4 years

Comment

Working...
                                X