Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Trump wants to reduce epa regulations that hurt the economy. Hope you trump fans like dirty water and polluted air.
    Yes, because there is a 1:1 relationship between those two things.

/sarcasm

Look around the world for the last century, nothing improves clean air and water like wealth creation.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I appreciate you tried to be bipartisan here but let's think, did the rep get vocal after Obama got elected? Yes! (Tea party). So the division in the country didn't begin or rest solely on either party unlike how you propose that it was the dems fault.

Just because I bad mouth trump does not think I am bad mouthing his voters. I'm not going to sing trumps praises just because he is the president. The man, more so than other presidents, needs resistance or power will go to his head.
      Oh, don't take it that I think the Dems started it. No doubt Trump set this boulder going down the mountain, but that's not to say some or most Dems wouldn't still have been jabbering if a different Rep got elected. By the way, how did that vocalization turn out for that one faction of the Reps. Maybe the most vocal Dems will also have the same fate. Well, probably not. Their electorate wouldn't want that teat to dry up. See, I wasn't really trying to be bipartisan. I am moderate to slightly left on a few things, but not many. However, I do feel it is critical that both sides make a real effort to find workable solutions rather than just belittle each other. Just who will take those first steps? Trump or the Dems? I'm betting neither.

If the Dems believe they're taking the high road while Trump is not, they better look again because they're wallowing right there with him.

Comment

• Very good speech. There should be a decent bump in his approval ratings from this.

I heard two things I thought were negatives.

Big, big tax cuts for corporations and massive tax relief for middle class America coupled with what sounded like an incredible amount of spending. Americans want to hear that nobody has to pay for government, but it's probably time that we learn that we have to do that.

I'm also not fond of stating that ISIS will be wiped off the face of the Earth. That plays exactly into their recruitment strategy. There is something in their religion that says they will be attacked by the West and the West will be defeated. At that time the entire Earth will come under Muslim rule. Maybe it's possible to do, but I'm skeptical. Regadless of whether it can or cannot be done, saying you're going to do it, makes it more difficult to do.
        Last edited by Aargh; February 28, 2017, 09:16 PM.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Trump slayed it tonight.

Al Franken zzzZzzZzzz. lol
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The Democrats showed themselves as petty and hyperpartisan beyond reason.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yeah, why wouldn't you want clean streams? Why does it really matter how old it is? It is based off of tons of research.
              Why wouldn't everybody want America to be great? The alternative,is to be not great. That's a real goal, isn't it?

Wh
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• President Trump asks Wichita businessman for advice http://www.kansas.com/news/business/...134826289.html
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Big, big tax cuts for corporations and massive tax relief for middle class America coupled with what sounded like an incredible amount of spending. Americans want to hear that nobody has to pay for government, but it's probably time that we learn that we have to do that.
                  Trump's plan to do this as I understand it:

3-4% economic growth (if that can be reached than huge money going into the treasury)

Jobs, jobs, jobs. Out of 255 million working age individuals in the USA, only 125 million have full-time jobs. Get more people paying in and less takers.

Cut government waste & eliminate unnecessary government positions and even entire agencies.

America first (cut foreign aid, fix our problems here first). $6 trillion spent in the Middle East and all it has got us is huge debt and extremists that want to kill us. Trump spoke about this tonight when he said he's got commitments from our allies for more financial support from them. Why is the USA paying the lions share of money for NATO for instance? Most NATO countries don't even spend the required 2% GDP on defense. Why should they when the USA will spend the money and protect them? Trump is saying no more, we won't continue to be used. America comes first!

If this all happened you could easily give tax breaks and still reduce the deficit

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
                    Trump's plan to do this as I understand it:

3-4% economic growth (if that can be reached than huge money going into the treasury)

Jobs, jobs, jobs. Out of 255 million working age individuals in the USA, only 125 million have full-time jobs. Get more people paying in and less takers.

Cut government waste & eliminate unnecessary government positions and even entire agencies.

America first (cut foreign aid, fix our problems here first). $6 trillion spent in the Middle East and all it has got us is huge debt and extremists that want to kill us. Trump spoke about this tonight when he said he's got commitments from our allies for more financial support from them. Why is the USA paying the lions share of money for NATO for instance? Most NATO countries don't even spend the required 2% GDP on defense. Why should they when the USA will spend the money and protect them? Trump is saying no more, we won't continue to be used. America comes first!

If this all happened you could easily give tax breaks and still reduce the deficit
                    The "if" in your comment is the part that concerns me. I can see a lot of deficit spending that's proposed and a lot of new tax revenue that happens "if" something else occurs. That sounds a lot like Brownback's Kansas plan.

Cutting government spending is a good thing. The downside is that it creates unemployed people. Building the wall, rebuilding the infrastructure can temporarily hide those job losses by creating jobs through government spending. Those are not sustainable jobs. They can hide the effect of the lost government jobs until the next President is in office. What I'm hearing from Trump sounds like the biggest public works project since Roosevelt after the Depression.

I would prefer seeing the cuts in spending, the results to the budget, and if taxes are returning a surplus of income over spending at the national level, then we can consider some tax cuts. The fact that the government is bloated does nothing to diminish the fact that we have to pay for that bloat.

But nobody talks about the cuts. That's not popular. They all talk about lowering taxes. That is popular.

A chicken in every pot and everybody gets a free lunch. That's supposed to be the Democrats approach, but the Republicans are doing a fine job of doing the same.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If you think Trump is anything other than an absolutely abhorrent individual and completely clueless on politics, you need to take a 6 month leave from Fox News, Breitbart, Infowars, and talk radio.

Trump may or may not have sexually assaulted scores of women, but he absolutely did rape and beat his wife. He absolutely did abuse his power to go into women's locker rooms, maybe including underage women. I'm not saying that to say he should be removed from office. I'm saying that to get you to possibly imagine the type of person that could do that. Put yourself in the shoes of a person that would just stroll into a women's locker room because he owns the building. That is the type of person that should never be given additional power.

I could go into his other personal faults. I could go into his constant lying about the pettiest of stuff, or his extremely minimal vocabulary, or his apparent difficult reading. But those are just normal personal failings. It is certainly worrisome to see Trump apparently not read briefings, and the pathological lying is just silly. But it is the ignorance and fear that make him dangerous.

Trump literally today said Jews were planted false flags to make his supporters look worse. He literally today declared an agency specifically designed to spread fear of immigrants. Godwin's Law and all, this is extremely malicious. Literal Nazis at the Nazi Institute for Research on the Jewish Question kept files on "crimes committed by Jews." Its a PR hate operation to justify anti-immigration policies, and I refuse to accept any government that tolerates that.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How can anyone read:

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
                      And not think "This is one of the least intelligent human beings I have ever heard?"

How can people hear him blatantly lie with no shame and think "I can trust this man to tell me the real truth?"

How can people see him brag about abusing power to satisfy his sexual urges and think "This is a man that should have the most powerful job in the world?"

It isn't a Republican thing. I earnestly believe there are close to 58 million Republicans that could do a better job than Trump. I would literally rather pick a random guy off the street. I don't know if it is possible to find a more personally abhorrent individual with as little policy knowledge as Trump.

Comment

• The speech was great, even though I disagree with some of Trump's proposals.

He came across confident and much more comfortable than any George W speech I can remember.

It would be foolish to underestimate him.
                        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                        -John Wooden

Comment

• The "glare" of privilage.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                            If you think Trump is anything other than an absolutely abhorrent individual and completely clueless on politics, you need to take a 6 month leave from Fox News, Breitbart, Infowars, and talk radio.

Trump may or may not have sexually assaulted scores of women, but he absolutely did rape and beat his wife. He absolutely did abuse his power to go into women's locker rooms, maybe including underage women. I'm not saying that to say he should be removed from office. I'm saying that to get you to possibly imagine the type of person that could do that. Put yourself in the shoes of a person that would just stroll into a women's locker room because he owns the building. That is the type of person that should never be given additional power.

I could go into his other personal faults. I could go into his constant lying about the pettiest of stuff, or his extremely minimal vocabulary, or his apparent difficult reading. But those are just normal personal failings. It is certainly worrisome to see Trump apparently not read briefings, and the pathological lying is just silly. But it is the ignorance and fear that make him dangerous.

Trump literally today said Jews were planted false flags to make his supporters look worse. He literally today declared an agency specifically designed to spread fear of immigrants. Godwin's Law and all, this is extremely malicious. Literal Nazis at the Nazi Institute for Research on the Jewish Question kept files on "crimes committed by Jews." Its a PR hate operation to justify anti-immigration policies, and I refuse to accept any government that tolerates that.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. How can anyone read:

And not think "This is one of the least intelligent human beings I have ever heard?"

How can people hear him blatantly lie with no shame and think "I can trust this man to tell me the real truth?"

How can people see him brag about abusing power to satisfy his sexual urges and think "This is a man that should have the most powerful job in the world?"

It isn't a Republican thing. I earnestly believe there are close to 58 million Republicans that could do a better job than Trump. I would literally rather pick a random guy off the street. I don't know if it is possible to find a more personally abhorrent individual with as little policy knowledge as Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Hillary Clinton.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                Hillary Clinton.
                                That's ridiculous. Even if you think she's a satanic child-sacrificing witch you should be able to agree she at least has a vast amount of policy knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X