No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean that may have been the best inaugural speech in the last 40 years. Actually, easily. He KILLED it, whether you like him or not. There's just no denying it.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      That's ridiculous. Even if you think she's a satanic child-sacrificing witch you should be able to agree she at least has a vast amount of policy knowledge.
      No. I don't. She is a fool.

In addition to being a satanic child-sacrificing witch.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        No. I don't. She is a fool.

In addition to being a satanic child-sacrificing witch.
        That is ridiculous. I'll give this one more shot.

Who do you think knows more about policy. Clinton? Or Trump?

Comment

Trump.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Trump. He know a lot more about policy that makes a difference in this world for the average person and how to be a success.

Her success comes from lying and fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              Trump.
              Welp, there you go. You have crossed over to maximum partisanship. There's point to attempting civil discourse.

Comment

Welp, there you go. You have crossed over to maximum partisanship. There's point to attempting civil discourse.
                I'm not saying I'm not, but when Hillary Clinton didn't even know the policy on handling classified information as Sec of State, I'm not buying her bona fides as a policy oracle.

Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Trump. He know a lot more about policy that makes a difference in this world for the average person and how to be a success.

Her success comes from lying and fraud.
                  And Trump's comes from? How many times has he been sued for not fulfilling his end of a contract? Trump's business success has depended a lot on his having better lawyers and deeper pockets than those he makes deals with.

Trump's background does not leave one in a position to trust him. He's had a nasty habit of saying anything anyone wanted to hear, and then bending them over after the deal was signed.

I, for one, will be watching his actions to see if they correspond with his words. Right now I'm mostly following how he's going to massively upgrade the military, spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure, give the middle class and corporations huge tax breaks, build the wall, and reduce the debt. Oh,m and he's going to rebuild the inner cities, too. I almost forgot that one.

At one time, making promises like that was considered to be selling snake oil. At another time it was "a chicken in every pot". I don't see how he can give everybody a free lunch. Someone's got to pay somewhere. If all that spending is supposed to be paid for by the jobs that will be created, then I'm afraid he's taking Brownback's experiment to the national level.

Please show me the money before you spend it, Mr. President.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    And Trump's comes from?
                    His comes from working in the private sector, where's he's responsible for his own success. Not on the backs of voters. Real world successes and failures.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    How many times has he been sued for not fulfilling his end of a contract?
                    I don't know, do you? Couple of things. If you have a company, you're going to get sued. You have deep pockets and even the most stupid lawyer (and believe me, that's saying something) knows it's often cheaper to settle than to defend. That doesn't mean he did anything wrong. And in today's litigious society, you don't have to do anything "wrong" or "mean" or "evil". Anything bad happens, and someone is going to get sued. "How many times has he been sued" is a silly thing to say. You know better too.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Trump's business success has depended a lot on his having better lawyers and deeper pockets than those he makes deals with.
                    Annnnd.....you're point? Unless you want to change our Constitution, that's the way it is. Do you want him to have bad representation? Just because he's rich should he automatically lose? If you're sued, and you're rich, or at least more wealthy than the person suing you, maybe you should have to pay for their counsel? Please tell the rest of us what's fair, just so we know going forward.

And by the way, no it doesn't. He's a brilliant businessman. Doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes. He's made some doozies. But don't say that just because he has good lawyers is the only reason he's successful. Again, you know better.

As far as your comments about cut and spend, personally, I'm right there with you. He sounded like every other politician I can't stand. I'm going to give, cut, spend, cut....etc etc and not say how any of it is going to get paid. I don't like that. Pretty much like every other President, which sucks. You're 100% right, someone is going to have to pay for it. I'd prefer it wasn't our grandchildren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I mean that may have been the best inaugural speech in the last 40 years. Actually, easily. He KILLED it, whether you like him or not. There's just no denying it.
                      When CNN comes out with an overnight that says 78% said it was extremely positive or somewhat positive, and you're in the other 22%ile, you might want to rethink your position.

69% said if they did the things Trump outlined, that the country would be heading in the right or better direction. 69% that's every GOP and independent and a few Dems. If he manages to get some things done, it's game over DEMS.

Comment

• And the DEMS looked and sounded, petty, small and confused last night. Again, like @KungWu said earlier, you don't have to like him, and you don't have to agree with him (personally, I respect his ability, I STRONGLY dislike his demeanor and I am against some of what he proposes) but he was great last night, and a strong plurality of America saw it as well.

Comment

• I'm not exactly certain how many times I have peed in the ladies restroom, but every time I did it, I knew that it was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                            This whole VOICE thing though is really concerning. Publishing a weekly list of crimes from immigrants really does nothing without context (i.e. how many crimes from citzens vs immigrants on a per 100,000 bases). It is fearmongering whether unintentional or intentional.
                            I disagree. Living in Houston, we have had illegals kill police officers, cartel members kill truck drivers (in an aborted attempt to hijack the truck) and more. Although I am sympathetic to the plight of illegals, I also believe indicative data should be gathered so our country can truly determine how bad the problem is. Myself, I don't think it will reveal any big surprises. The bad ones that come in here (and especially from the cartels) are in one group, and in the other are law-abiding illegals who are totally scared that they will get caught and sent back home. The latter group is probably more liable to obey the law than most of the rest of us, primarily because doing something illegal and getting caught, will get them sent back home.

One assumption I'm making in all this is that data will be reported accurately and be analyzed appropriately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              His comes from working in the private sector, where's he's responsible for his own success. Not on the backs of voters. Real world successes and failures.

I don't know, do you? Couple of things. If you have a company, you're going to get sued. You have deep pockets and even the most stupid lawyer (and believe me, that's saying something) knows it's often cheaper to settle than to defend. That doesn't mean he did anything wrong. And in today's litigious society, you don't have to do anything "wrong" or "mean" or "evil". Anything bad happens, and someone is going to get sued. "How many times has he been sued" is a silly thing to say. You know better too.

Annnnd.....you're point? Unless you want to change our Constitution, that's the way it is. Do you want him to have bad representation? Just because he's rich should he automatically lose? If you're sued, and you're rich, or at least more wealthy than the person suing you, maybe you should have to pay for their counsel? Please tell the rest of us what's fair, just so we know going forward.

And by the way, no it doesn't. He's a brilliant businessman. Doesn't mean he hasn't made mistakes. He's made some doozies. But don't say that just because he has good lawyers is the only reason he's successful. Again, you know better.

As far as your comments about cut and spend, personally, I'm right there with you. He sounded like every other politician I can't stand. I'm going to give, cut, spend, cut....etc etc and not say how any of it is going to get paid. I don't like that. Pretty much like every other President, which sucks. You're 100% right, someone is going to have to pay for it. I'd prefer it wasn't our grandchildren.
                              Thanks for saving me the need to respond. You are more eloquent than I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                                This whole VOICE thing though is really concerning. Publishing a weekly list of crimes from immigrants really does nothing without context (i.e. how many crimes from citzens vs immigrants on a per 100,000 bases). It is fearmongering whether unintentional or intentional.
                                Fixed "How many crimes from citizens vs illegal immigrants on a per 100,000 bases" All 100,000 illegal immigrants have committed at least one crime.

Comment

Working...
                                X