Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Common Sense Approach to Middle East Refugees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Ummm, I don't sound like a liberal and I'm not a member of the NRA. I've said it probably more than 20 times on this board, I'm not a member of the NRA. For good measure, I'll make it at least 21 times, I'm not a member of the NRA.
    OK, you have my apology, it's all good, lol.

I just can't get my arms around the.NRA's thought processes, because th the end of the day, if you're at the wrong end of a gun, whether its a terrorist nut, a racist nut or a someone -off-their-meds nut, you STILL have a problem.

And don't give me that 'one CHL holder with a gun can stop anyone', because it's highly likely the nut has the superior numbers and firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      Assuming a kill rate per terrorist equal to that of the 9/11 hijackers is unrealistic. Like I already pointed out, guys like the Wichita man a couple years ago were terrorists, yet failed spectacularly. Many others have been arrested and their plans totally stopped. Many who do manage to carry out their plans take very few victims.
      Are you comparing the devastation that can be caused by a highly coordinated attack by a well financed group of trained and educated men to that of lone nut jobs that can't light their feet on fire? Althoooough, if that lone nut job HAD been able to light the C4, he would have had a 1:193 kill rate, eclipsing the 9/11 kill rate. Good thing he had sweaty feet!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        OK, you have my apology, it's all good, lol.

I just can't get my arms around the.NRA's thought processes, because th the end of the day, if you're at the wrong end of a gun, whether its a terrorist nut, a racist nut or a someone -off-their-meds nut, you STILL have a problem.

And don't give me that 'one CHL holder with a gun can stop anyone', because it's highly likely the nut has the superior numbers and firepower.
        The issue with your previous argument is that the jihadists obtained their automatic weapons illegally in a country that doesn't allow gun ownership at all. Automatic weapons are already illegal in this country, so what would additional gun control do in this situation? Nothing. However, perhaps if guns were legal to own and carry in Paris then the Jihadists would have been shot with less casualties. Maybe not, but either way gun control would NOT have prevented this instance.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I hope those were for chicks this time?
          He was determined to impregnate the Creighton cheerleaders, so in 18 years, enrollment at Creighton would drop, and Wichita State would have a busload of freshman Shockers coming from Omaha. Unfortunately, his plan was flawed, as Creighton was on spring break. Since he was already in Council Bluffs and had a case of Magnums, he used Doritos, Bud Light and a slim Jims to nail all the cheerleaders from Iowa Western Community College.
          Last edited by MoValley John; November 23, 2015, 06:42 PM.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            The issue with your previous argument is that the jihadists obtained their automatic weapons illegally in a country that doesn't allow gun ownership at all. Automatic weapons are already illegal in this country, so what would additional gun control do in this situation? Nothing. However, perhaps if guns were legal to own and carry in Paris then the Jihadists would have been shot with less casualties. Maybe not, but either way gun control would NOT have prevented this instance.
            Au contrare. Automatic weapons are legal in this country, it's just that they require a very expensive and rigorous process to own one.

Although I'm somewhat sympathetic to the notion a CHL with a gun can stop a nut, so can someone using social engineering techniques. Like the guy who slowed the shooter in Oregon down by telling him it was his son's birthday. However, I will say that until I see a CHL holder with a pistol stop someone with an AR-15 and a 100 round clip lets just say I'm staying a little skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Au contrare. Automatic weapons are legal in this country, it's just that they require a very expensive and rigorous process to own one.

Although I'm somewhat sympathetic to the notion a CHL with a gun can stop a nut, so can someone using social engineering techniques. Like the guy who slowed the shooter in Oregon down by telling him it was his son's birthday. However, I will say that until I see a CHL holder with a pistol stop someone with an AR-15 and a 100 round clip lets just say I'm staying a little skeptical.
              Depends on distance and environment. In close, confined quarters, a handgun can be much more deadly than an overpowered, even automatic rifle with a large MAGAZINE. The right tool for three right job.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• You would be much better off having someone shooting at you with an ar, than having someone shooting at you with a handgun loaded with these little .410 shotgun shells. http://m.hornady.com/store/410-Critical-Defense-Ammo/

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                  You would be much better off having someone shooting at you with an ar, than having someone shooting at you with a handgun loaded with these little .410 shotgun shells. http://m.hornady.com/store/410-Critical-Defense-Ammo/

http://m.hornady.com/store/410-Critical-Defense-Ammo/
                  I appreciated both your last 2 posts. The analogy was great!

The only serious weapon I was very close to was my Brother's Binell. Don't know much about guns, but the only thing that keeps me from owning one (aside from my eyes, which got much better as I got older) is my girlfriend.

I'm thinking with just a little help, I'll be able to punch the easy button and live in a gated community with a REAL Barney (Harris County Sheriff's Officer) standing guard at the gate.

Comment

• ACLU has filed a lawsuit against Indiana for violating the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution by accepting refugees from other countries, but not from Syria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Are you comparing the devastation that can be caused by a highly coordinated attack by a well financed group of trained and educated men to that of lone nut jobs that can't light their feet on fire? Althoooough, if that lone nut job HAD been able to light the C4, he would have had a 1:193 kill rate, eclipsing the 9/11 kill rate. Good thing he had sweaty feet!
                      A terrorist is a terrorist, no matter whether competent or not. If it makes you feel better, I don't believe there are 300 highly competent terrorists in the U.S. right now. Just well over 300 when you count all levels of competence.

Now, are you ever going to answer my question? You jumped on my use of the word "acceptable" but never addressed my reason for using it.

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      Simple question: If terrorists were 1-in-a-million of all Syrian refugees, would that be an acceptable risk, in your opinion, to accept in order to help 100k of them? 10% chance that 1 is a terrorist.

Comment

Now, are you ever going to answer my question? You jumped on my use of the word "acceptable" but never addressed my reason for using it.
                        No.

Comment

If we could help 100k desperate people and had a 10-20% chance that 1, just 1, was a terrorist, I would be all for those odds.

If you told me there were only 300 terrorists (of any race, religion, etc.) already in the USA at this time, I would be ecstatic.
                          So it's acceptable that about 5,571 Americans may be killed by terrorists on American soil to you?

Comment

• Wake me up when you want to stop playing games and talk.

Comment

• Terrorist shot 5 people in Minneapolis last night. But they werent middle eastern so I assume this is okay

Comment

• Sauce, I sense the sarcasm, just not exactly sure of your point.

Comment

Working...
                                X