Republican Slow Slog - Poll Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    And if Kasich stubbornly refuses to drop out, it still might not happen. The GOP must be paying Kasich to stay in.

Should be interesting.
    Somebody is paying (or promising) him to stay in - look at his campaign debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Somebody is paying (or promising) him to stay in - look at his campaign debt.
      I'd bet it's George Soros paying Kasich to stay in. It's pretty sickening to see the GOP establishment work with the far left but when there's a couple of candidates not in their good ol' boy system that they can control, I imagine we've just seen the tip of the iceberg of how sleazy things are going to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I'd bet it's George Soros paying Kasich to stay in. It's pretty sickening to see the GOP establishment work with the far left but when there's a couple of candidates not in their good ol' boy system that they can control, I imagine we've just seen the tip of the iceberg of how sleazy things are going to get.
        Nah, the Rinos in control of the GOP are completely capable of blockading conservatism and rigging the contest with their own candidates without any outside influence.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Nah, the Rinos in control of the GOP are completely capable of blockading conservatism and rigging the contest with their own candidates without any outside influence.
          Yeah, I can definitely see that. Especially with the likes of Reince Priebus and the other RNC goons. It's going to be interesting to see what ends up happening in Cleveland. I can see the establishment doing whatever they can to make sure it's a guy that will do their bidding. I really see **** hitting the fan if it's not Trump or Cruz on the ticket. Conservatives are done with these weak Rino types, and I think a storm has been brewing in this country for quite some time now.

Comment

The math says he doesn't have a chance.

A representative of the RNC today said if he gets somewhere between 1,000 to 1,100 delegates he will be the nominee. If gets less it will be a contested convention. If that is the case then I will amend my prediction and say the math is looking more favorable for a trump nomination.

Comment

A representative of the RNC today said if he gets somewhere between 1,000 to 1,100 delegates he will be the nominee. If gets less it will be a contested convention. If that is the case then I will amend my prediction and say the math is looking more favorable for a trump nomination.
              Under what basis? It seems like it should be abundantly clear exactly how many delegates you need doesn't it? I don't understand why all of a sudden there is a different number?

Comment

• I didn't see the interview but am guessing he meant from a practicality standpoint. If Trump has 1210 pledged delegates and needs 1237, then picking up the extra 27 on a second ballot would be mostly a formality. If he has ~1000 and needs another 200+, then get ready because it will be a long weekend of roll calls as everyone plays tug of war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  I didn't see the interview but am guessing he meant from a practicality standpoint. If Trump has 1210 pledged delegates and needs 1237, then picking up the extra 27 on a second ballot would be mostly a formality. If he has ~1000 and needs another 200+, then get ready because it will be a long weekend of roll calls as everyone plays tug of war.
                  I see. So it's sort of an internal gut call that if he gets above 1,000, then enough delegates on the fence or in Cruz' camp would likely switch over to him.

Comment

• If Trump only has 1,000 delegates that means that Ted Cruz will also likely have 1,000 delegates.

You need 1,237.

Trump has 743 while Cruz has 545 and has the momentum.

There are 854 delegates left, so if neither gets to 1,237 it's going to be close. The Cruz team has been much more organized getting their delegates involved and the unbound delegates are very favorable to Cruz as well.

My money is that Cruz wins the nomination on the 2nd vote.
                    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                    -John Wooden

Comment

• Can Kasich drop out and specify the candidate to release his delegates to? If that's the case, he might get to choose the nominee.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I heard today that it's state to state what delegates pledged to candidates that drop out have to do. But it was also said that the candidate that has them can publicly endorse another candidate and those delegates can be moved to that candidate. I heard it on the Neal Boortze.

Comment

• Trump grabs back the momentum for the final push. Cruz looks in trouble in the polls -but looks to have a role in Hollywood playing the zodiak killer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• ------------------
                            “We must unite the Republican Party because doing so is the first step in uniting all Americans,” Cruz said
                            ------------------
                            I don't believe the Republican party is going to be able to unite around any of their current candidates. Cruz only has strong appeal among the ultra-conservative faction of the party. That faction can't stand Trump because he can't be controlled by the party machine.

The Republican party is currently their own worst enemy. The ultra-cons play well to the hardcore base of the party, but that's where that support ends. You don't win elections by only appealing to your hardcore base.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Will Carly be a game changer? I think she's old news now, but it's hard to say.

Comment

Will Carly be a game changer? I think she's old news now, but it's hard to say.
                                She looks like one of the aliens in John Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X