2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Presidential Election

Might as well get it started since Trump announced for 2024.

Once again, I will not support Trump in the primaries, but I absolutely will vote for him in the general election, cause the other choice is gonna be.......Biden? Mayor Pete? Gavin Newsome? Good Lord

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Once again, I will not support Trump in the primaries, but I absolutely will vote for him in the general election, cause the other choice is gonna be.......Biden? Mayor Pete? Gavin Newsome? Good Lord
      Let hope that people will be smart and embrace Desantis.

If I was betting, I believe it will be Newsome for the democrats.

Comment

I am starting to think DeSantis will wait.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Now is his time, unless you think he's the veep?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

In Iowa Caucus has Desantis up on Trump 48 to 37%
            New Hampshire has Desnatis up on Trump 52 to 37%
            Florida has Desnantis up on Trump 56% to 30%

Desantis receiving standing ovation at the GOP 2024 Presidential Cattle Call

GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida keynotes the Republican Jewish Coalition's annual leadership summit in Las Vegas, which is seen as the first major 2024 cattle call

He is running.

Comment

The environment is not looking that good for Trump

If former President Donald Trump thought his early 2024 announcement would cow prospective Republican primary rivals into submission, he clearly miscalculated.

At this weekend’s Republican Jewish Coalition conference, a parade of ambitious Republicans hit all the notes that politicians eyeing future campaigns for the White House typically do. Their tones and messages varied — few called out Trump by name — but collectively they made clear they are not going to back down to the former president after a third consecutive poor election with him at the helm.

“He’s not going to have the financial support he had anymore, he’s not going to have the internal support that he had before,” said New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu, whose state hosts the first-in-the-nation GOP primary. “And so therefore, there’s opportunity there. That political weakness is blood in the water for some folks.”

Trump has severe strategic problems and polling problems, not to mention his legal difficulties. They all add up to a very rough trajectory over the next several months. Everyone knows Trump hates to lose. When faced with losing, he either claims he was cheated, or quits.

A year from now, Trump might be far enough behind DeSantis that quitting will be the only way to avoid losing.

Comment

:)
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

If the Republicans want to to win, it can't be Trump.

I'm pretty sure the Dems could run a fresh cow patty in the Texas sun and beat Trump at this point. (I know I screwed up that classic)
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

He will wait at least several months. It is way too early. I heard Karl Rove the other day, saying that, when a person announces a Presidential run, they want to keep the momentum going forward, and there is no way that Trump can keep a forward momentum going for an entire two years. Right now, DeSantis can make occasional snide comments without mentioning names, and being smart, actually campaigning without entering the race. Other past Trump allies (Pompeo, Haley, for example) will also attack Trump in a snide way, without mentioning names (but the media will latch onto every comment) too, but I don't think you'll see too many enter early. Trump will get all of the arrows right now, and others will wait until the right time. Trump wanted a pre-emptive strike to keep others out, but I predict this will backfire on him.

The past Trump policies that most Republicans are for (the wall and immigration), attacking inflation, more oil drilling, etc.) are what these unannounced candidates can run on, but not enter until late winter or early spring. They will also be raising money, and courting conservative donors. Partially, we will see how popular Trump actually is by how much money he can raise, or will the donors sit a lot of the next few months out, and not donate very much.

Comment

Georgia governor Brian Kemp will be also in contention. WSJ points out that he won a swing-state and is on Trump "dead-to-me" list which makes him viable.

Comment

Donald Trump has dinner with white supremacist/anti-semite/holacaust denier Nick Fuentes at Mar-a-Lago. Trump was impresses with

One person present at the dinner, however, said that Trump was impressed by Fuentes. “He was impressed with Nick and his knowledge of Trump World. Nick knew people and figures and speeches and rallies and what surrounded the Trump culture, particularly when it came to the base,” Karen Giorno, a former Trump aide and senior adviser, told the Washington Post.
                        Chris Christie weighs in

“This is just another example of an awful lack of judgment from Donald Trump, which, combined with his past poor judgments, make him an untenable general election candidate for the Republican party in 2024,”

Comment

[QUOTE= Chris Christie weighs a lot. [/QUOTE]

FIFY

Comment

Ye (formerly known as Kanye) West is going to run in 2024. That poor guy is nuts! It’s amazing how many super creative people think about things in such an off kilter way. Expect a bipolar manic episode in the near future.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

With all if the news coming out about what info was censored, blocked and 'Fact Checked', can we go ahead and say that elections in this country are undoubtedly rigged to favor Dems.

Now, to me, that doesn't necessarily mean fraud and election crimes. It simply means that all the levers of power, information and everything else of consequence that could tilt a voter are pushing them toward the left. It is irrefutable.

If you are a conservative, just think about how difficult it is to talk politics with a non-conservative or libertarian and see how long it takes before you get branded a conspiracy theorist about any number of your beliefs. Or that you don't care about poor people or freedom of choice, etc, etc. You either just avoid it, (because unlike a lefty you tend to want to have pleasant interactions with everyone and your sole purpose in life isn't to be a sour wretch everyday), or you always have to walk on eggshells in what you say.

I don't think it even matters any more. Federally speaking.

We may or may not be screwed. It depends in how and how fast the left destroys certain institutions, and whether the backlash is felt quickly enough to where average citizens see it and can vote accordingly. Or if it continues to go slowly and methodically like now, where enough people are cowed into going along until there is nothing to be done about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X