No announcement yet.

2024 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my 2 cents, Trump has done absolutely nothing to appeal to blacks, Hispanics, and women so I just don't buy into the numbers that he's going to do well with those groups.

Literally all he talks about is the border crisis. Do most Americans believe there is a crisis? I read on the WSJ that when Trump and Musk had their talk on X, Musk rebutted Trump by pointing out the vast majority of migrants are hard workers trying to earn a living. That's pretty much where I'm at also.

My thought is Kamala will get the election day bump this time around but it's just a hunch. I don't have any data to back it up.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

. A good president is one that listens, learns, has compassion, strength, endurance, and is ultimately a decent, honest human being. Would you say that is more Trump or Kamala at this point?
      It's Vance. Biden, Walz, Kamala, Trump, probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
        Just my 2 cents, Trump has done absolutely nothing to appeal to blacks, Hispanics, and women so I just don't buy into the numbers that he's going to do well with those groups.

Literally all he talks about is the border crisis. Do most Americans believe there is a crisis? I read on the WSJ that when Trump and Musk had their talk on X, Musk rebutted Trump by pointing out the vast majority of migrants are hard workers trying to earn a living. That's pretty much where I'm at also.

My thought is Kamala will get the election day bump this time around but it's just a hunch. I don't have any data to back it up.
        I'm thinking blacks, Hispanics, and women all buy groceries

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You forgot about gas for vehicles, and NG, and petroleum utility costs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

No doubt, if he actually spoke about these topics instead of how many people he's going to deport he'd be successful in picking up more votes. Again, just my opinion here.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Just my 2 cents, Trump has done absolutely nothing to appeal to blacks, Hispanics, and women so I just don't buy into the numbers that he's going to do well with those groups.

Literally all he talks about is the border crisis. Do most Americans believe there is a crisis? I read on the WSJ that when Trump and Musk had their talk on X, Musk rebutted Trump by pointing out the vast majority of migrants are hard workers trying to earn a living.
              The border crisis is also an economic crisis that disproportionately affects blacks and native-born hispanics.

Kamala Harris' own father, Donald Harris, is a well known economics professor from Stanford that co-authored a book in 1988 called Black Economic Progress. Here they wrote:

At the same time that the trends in international trade have moved against U.S. workers, U.S. immigration laws have been modified in ways that increase the influx of low-skilled workers, who compete with native-born youths and low-skilled adult workers for low-skilled jobs. This increase in the inflow of such workers has come about because current immigration policy allows individuals who have relatives in this country or who are suffering political oppression in their country of origin to enter the United States relatively easily, regardless of their potential contribution to the U.S. economy. This shift has been a particularly serious problem for blacks, who constitute a high proportion of the low-skilled adult workers. Although the evidence on the magnitude of the impact of immigration on blacks is mixed, theoretical research supports the argument that the immigration of low-skilled workers is harmful to blacks in the short term unless offsetting policies are established to protect the living standard of native-born workers.
              What was a concern in 1988 is now a full blown economic crisis sponsored by the Democrat leadership.

So if you really care to help the impoverished black community, you should be voting for Trump and his policy to close the border ... and Kamala's own father would have to agree.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You're just not keeping up sport. Come up with an original thought. Drop the troll police act. There's like 3 of us in this thread. The site could use your honest contribution.
                Truth hurts.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The border crisis is also an economic crisis that disproportionately affects blacks and native-born hispanics.

Kamala Harris' own father, Donald Harris, is a well known economics professor from Stanford that co-authored a book in 1988 called Black Economic Progress. Here they wrote:

What was a concern in 1988 is now a full blown economic crisis sponsored by the Democrat leadership.

So if you really care to help the impoverished black community, you should be voting for Trump and his policy to close the border ... and Kamala's own father would have to agree.
                  Unemployment at 3.6% certainly doesn't seem to be a major problem at the moment. Give it a couple of years for AI expansion and that'll likely change though.

​​​​​

Comment

Some on here understand a reality that you’ve missed regarding illegals streaming into America and taking jobs from impoverished workers. From 1960’s to the 1980’s, a charismatic legal farm worker named Cesar Chavez organized poor farm workers into a union. Chavez was a Civil Rights leader who wanted to forward the causes of impoverished workers. He was totally against allowing illegal workers (from Mexico, the country of origin for Chavez) to come to California to harvest food products like grapes, cabbages, etc.

His stand off was against farm owners who liked hiring illegals to pick their fruit and vegetables and then take their money back home to Mexico.

Study the history of farm workers in America. Chavez (a former immigrant) was totally against allowing illegals into the country, because he knew they depressed farm workers wages. This is the history of farm workers, the cattle industry, etc. You say Trump’s America First policies are not helping poor Hispanics, blacks, etc. Actually, these policies help them.
                    Last edited by Shockm; 2 hours ago.

Comment

• Surely California will be a lock for Trump then.

Comment

Unemployment at 3.6% certainly doesn't seem to be a major problem at the moment. Give it a couple of years for AI expansion and that'll likely change though.

​​​​​
                        Unemployment is misleadingly low (and has been for some time) as the Force Participation rate has steadily fallen from over 67% around 2000 to 62.7 today, and it still hasn't recovered to pre-Covid rates around 63.3. That's several hundred thousand people that aren't looking for work anymore. I promise you, it's a problem.

Comment

​​​​​
                          For blacks it is about 5.7% and slowly climbing.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If you didn’t watch it, drop what you’re doing and find Trump’s speech at the Al Smith Dinner tonight.

You can thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                            X