No announcement yet.

Mayor Dr. Brandon Whipple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like the kind of guy who would put preferred pronouns in his bio.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:
      • Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
      • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
      • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
      • Exaggerate achievements and talents
      • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
      • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
      • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
      • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
      • Take advantage of others to get what they want
      • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
      • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
      • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
      • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:
      • Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
      • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
      • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
      • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
      • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
      • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
      • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Comment

Comment

• Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
          Don't know if she's my perfect mate, but I love my wife of 30+ years...and equally enjoy looking at Gal Gadot. She (my wife) needs glasses to read anything below an 8 point font size.

As far as all the other things....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:
            • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
            • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
            • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
            • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:
            • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
            My wife's ex checks most of those boxes. He's the first person I've known to actually fit the description.

No, her ex is not Mr, Whipple. Either one of them.

Comment

Wichita needs to drop the Commission-Manager type of Gov’t and use the Mayor-council form of Gov’t. It might work in OKC but doesn’t seem to in Wichita. Tulsa, Omaha both have Mayor-Council local Govt.

Any experts out there to provide academic insight on which is better to drive growth and development and better representation of neighborhoods? Is downtown represented by one commissioner or is it split?

How did Whipple happen to win anyway? Was it all tied into the Riverfront stadium deal? It seems the previous mayor was at least able to get things done.

Comment

6xifwr.jpg

Comment

I was fascinated that the Mayor is the one who brought this up. And then the WPD released the video. He had to know that there was nothing about his little “he doesn’t know who I am” snit fit that was going to make him look like the good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                    I was fascinated that the Mayor is the one who brought this up. And then the WPD released the video. He had to know that there was nothing about his little “he doesn’t know who I am” snit fit that was going to make him look like the good guy.
                    The narcissist in him believes that he is always right and that nobody should or would question him.

Comment

The great thing is he has the PERFECT verb sounding name to be the butt of future local politics jokes.

"I couldn't believe how bad that debate turned around. The Dem had the edge until he went and Whippled himself."

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        The great thing is he has the PERFECT verb sounding name to be the butt of future local politics jokes.

"I couldn't believe how bad that debate turned around. The Dem had the edge until he went and Whippled himself."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Actually this sounds like the majority of politicians. But certainly fits the Dr. Mayor or is it the Mayor Dr?
                            Last edited by shox1989; November 13, 2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Either way, still not a doctor.

Comment

An interesting challenger to Whipple officially entered the race yesterday. Lily Wu has quite the early following of people from around the spectrum.

MSN - Lily Wu announces run for Wichita mayor, flexes broad coalition of business support

The crowd of supporters at Brick & Mortar Venue on Sunday included several leaders of influential business groups, including the Kansas Chamber of Commerce, Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Greater Wichita Partnership.

Wu said the city should be more collaborative with private businesses large and small.

"You'll see city and business working together all for Wichita to compete regionally and to attract new industry, investment and people," she said.

Wu said she wants to Wichita to be a more open and transparent government.

"All too often, our faith in local government has been weakened by scandals, concerns of corruption and immaturity," Wu said. "We need a refreshing leader who promotes collaboration and protects our hard-earned tax dollars. As mayor, I'll restore integrity and civility to City Hall."
                                I'm not a Wichitan. I'm not a fan of Whipple. I'm not a fan of Celeste Racette. I don't know enough about Bryan Frye or Jared Cerullo off the top of my head to have solid opinions on either. But Wichita can definitely do better than Whipple and at this point, Wu has said the right things. I'll be interested to see how this plays out as she and the others get going and what things look like heading into August.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X