• Show
Clear All

• Mayor Dr. Brandon Whipple

Discuss.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Discuss.
    For those of us out of town, context?

Comment

mayor at low income trash day tried to cut the line of 50 cars. Police officer stopped him. Mayor called the city manager in front of the officer and complained the officer was rude and didn’t know who he was. Mayor is even now complaining that police officer recorded him on his body camera.

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) In body camera footage obtained by 12 News, Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple seemingly attempts to exert his political influence to cut in line at a neighborhood event. His behavior caught the attention of a Wichita Police officer, who, Whipple complains, ‘doesn’t know who I am.’
      video at the link

Comment

Looks like Mr. Whipple was caught 'red handed' squeezing the Charmin...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

For those of us out of town, context?
          SB has great info and links above. Suffice to say he tried to play the “you don’t know who I am card” to one of Wichita’s finest. Also tried to tattle on him.

Embarrassing for any adult, but for a Mayor?

I hope he’s ticketed at every possible turn going forward.

Comment

I mean the fact that he was chowing down on a Cuban in his 1998 F-150 during all of that screams prestige.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I mean the fact that he was chowing down on a Cuban in his 1998 F-150 during all of that screams prestige.
              Better yet, Ford Ranger… stogie mobile.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wait a minute. The mayor didn't know who the current Wichita Chief of Police is?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  I think we found your new avatar. Just photoshop a Cuban in his mouth and we have a new target to get canned.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wait a minute. The mayor didn't know who the current Wichita Chief of Police is?
                    This is the state of local politics and the incompetence of the elected officials everywhere. Longwell, while not real transparent about some things, gets voted out of office, after doing the best job of any mayor we’ve had in decades only to be replaced by this nimrod. O’Donnell, Capps, Cruze: it doesn’t seem to matter what party.

Whipnuts just generated a nice “Back The Blue” promo video.

Comment

You guys need to impeach his azz today.......

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This is the state of local politics and the incompetence of the elected officials everywhere. Longwell, while not real transparent about some things, gets voted out of office, after doing the best job of any mayor we’ve had in decades only to be replaced by this nimrod. O’Donnell, Capps, Cruze: it doesn’t seem to matter what party.

Whipnuts just generated a nice “Back The Blue” promo video.
                        I think that several of our past Mayors (Longwell and Knight) weren't in it for the politics. They were truly interested in our community and making it better. They used their bully pulpit to better our community, and not the power it generated for themselves. Bob Knight was the only one of our city leaders that I personally knew, and he was as genuine of a person as anyone could meet. This imo is the good secret sauce for local politics. O'Donnell, Cruze, and Whipple seem to me to be very political in their nature, and in their office for the power they can generate for themselves. This is not a good recipe for good local leadership.

Comment

Public servant.

And if you are embarrassed that the video went out, it's because you know you look like a jagoff. So stop being a jagoff. Apologize and stop acting like you rule. Honestly, if I was mayor and no one knew who I was, I would sort of take it as a compliment. But that's just me.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I'm completely astonished that Whipple would think that bringing this all to light would fall in his favor. As I understand it we are talking about it because Whipple requested the body cam footage, then gave it to the media. How much do you need to love the smell of your own farts (South Park S10, E2) to think that this story would somehow cast you in a positive light, and WPD in a poor light?

What a fricking doosh. I'd say that irrespective of the political party. For that matter I can't think of a time I needed to call former mayor Brewer the same. But Whipple is just an arseclown nincompoop. What a complete fool.

South Park Smug Alert + redd's apple ale wine commercial

Comment

Not my Mayor.

Yeah, but literally not my Mayor.

All he had to do was say "In a moment of frustration, I acted like a fool and insulted and denigrated not only Officer Vogt, who was there doing his job, but all the fine men and women of the WPD that protect and serve our community every day. To Officer Vogt, the WPD and all the great people of Wichita, I apologize and will endeavor to do and be better".

But no. He has to remind folks he's a Dr. He doubles down and attempts to explain himself. As if people were going to say "Hey, he's just a 6 figure guy working the system to drop his trash for free that other people pay to do. He questions the body cam. He doesn't know who is in charge of the WPD and acts like a 7 year old. I'm honestly surprised he called the City Manager before he threatened to go get his dad to take care of Officer Vogt. He is a product of a secondary educational system that flippantly awards participation trophies to gullible units like this guy who have never accomplished a meaningful thing in their lives. Listen to him for 5 minutes. He's not usefully intelligent. His disdain for the Police, in general, is painfully obvious in the tone of his voice, to say nothing of his words. Let's face it, he's the king of the welfare state in that he hit the lottery with a 6 figure government job. He has no feel. He's a J-rod. He's the model, modern liberal.

I honestly cannot wait to hear what Patty has to say on the subject. It's possible though, that Brandon (it could only be better if his middle name were either Karen or Felicia) and Patty are one and the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X