Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    Keep preachin’ brother…

The Woke/ Far Left showing their total ignorance and/or complete lunacy on full display.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Maybe you’re saying that in jest, but while Chicago, Illinois is Midwest, they are the opposite of MAGA country, and anything but Conservative.
      See Jesse Smollett.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I respectully disagree with General Flynn that only way we have a chance of reclaiming the county is to put Donald Trump back in charge. Personally, I think that Ron DeSantis is the best option in play right now. However, whether either man or anyone else is able to defeat the powerful entrenched forces arrayed against the traditional United States of America is far from a sure thing,

I think a case could be made that we are in the situation we are in because a majority of U.S. citiizens want it this way. As a country we simply have lost the strength of character and ethical and moral core needed to sustain the great experiment that started 250 year ago. It was nice while it lasted. I feel fortunate that I was able to live most of my life at the peak of that eperiment. I hope whatever they replace it with moving forward works out for yournger and future generations. What has been done to the country and world under the Obama administrations (that includes his first 2 terms and his current 3rd term with the incompetent and corrupt puppet Biden as the namesake) is not looking so good. Maybe we'll get a 4th and 5th term if Michelle decides to run. That would be nice.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 3, 2023, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Ooof.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I respectully disagree with General Flynn that only way we have a chance of reclaiming the county is to put Donald Trump back in charge. Personally, I think that Ron DeSantis is the best option in play right now. However, whether either man or anyone else is able to defeat the powerful entrenched forces arrayed against the traditional United States of America is far from a sure thing,

I think a case could be made that we are in the situation we are in because a majority of U.S. citiizens want it this way. As a country we simply have lost the strength of character and ethical and moral core needed to sustain the great experiment that started 250 year ago. It was nice while it lasted. I feel fortunate that I was able to live most of my life at the peak of that eperiment. I hope whatever they replace it with moving forward works out for yournger and future generations. What has been done to the country and world under the Obama administrations (that includes his first 2 terms and his current 3rd term with the incompetent and corrupt puppet Biden as the namesake) is not looking so good. Maybe we'll get a 4th and 5th term if Michelle decides to run. That would be nice.
            Americans do seem to keep voting for this. Its a bad circle of stupid, for sure.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I believe the collapse of the middle class will precipitate the collapse of the US. Oops looks like it is already here.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  I believe the collapse of the middle class will precipitate the collapse of the US. Oops looks like it is already here.
                  Joe's plan in office. We are paying people to buy battery powered cars, solar power (even if the sun doesn't shine), wind farms (even though they are finding out that wind farms won't work very well), and the other green movement plans. We only owe 30 Trillion dollars at this time, and the Fed Reserve is planning to lower interest rates in the next several months, because the inflation rate is now under control. Then, when the Social Security renewal has to happen again, the federal government will just have to print more money to pay Medicaid, Social Security, Medicare, Food Stamps, etc.. Of course, that means that our government will have to borrow more money, and taxes will have to go up to perhaps upward of 50% like California is charging it's citizens. Of course, that will cost more people jobs. But then we can just print more money to pay for our illegals, and others who don't have jobs because of businesses will have to lay people off because they don't have the resources to pay their workers because taxes are too high. Is that when we collapse with a depression, and we have the California homeless problem nationwide, soup lines, etc.?

Sounds depressing.

I hope Joe Biden doesn't win, but I have a bad feeling about Donald Trump winning. He says just enough "stupid" stuff such as "I'll only be a dictator for 1 day" to turn a lot of people off, so they won't vote for him.

Comment

• Helter Shelter

Stabbing Leaves 1 Dead at New York City Migrant Shelter; 2nd Resident Charged With Murder
                    A resident of a New York City migrant shelter is charged with murder in the stabbing death of another man

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ed-with-murder

Comment

• A Culture in Collapse - By: Victor Davis Hannson, January 8, 2024

American civilization has been turned upside down, and we have a rendezvous soon with the once unthinkable and unimaginable.

Unfortunately, this article is more of a scorecard of the results of the game and not an analysis of how to implement changes to change the the ultimate result.

Comment

• New York Post

@nypost
                        Trans golfer Hailey Davidson wins women’s tournament, increasing chances to LPGA qualifier https://trib.al/eGCZJFA

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          New York Post

@nypost
                          Trans golfer Hailey Davidson wins women’s tournament, increasing chances to LPGA qualifier https://trib.al/eGCZJFA
                          And the patriarchy wins again!
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            A Culture in Collapse - By: Victor Davis Hannson, January 8, 2024

American civilization has been turned upside down, and we have a rendezvous soon with the once unthinkable and unimaginable.

Unfortunately, this article is more of a scorecard of the results of the game and not an analysis of how to implement changes to change the the ultimate result.
                            I think that I know why it's happening, but this message is one that no one wants to hear. Our culture has been moving that way for 30 years or so, maybe longer. Can we find our way back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtQ9sdHy1U or

The Shift follows a man named Kevin who finds himself in a dystopian world confronted by a mysterious stranger known as “The Benefactor” who presents him wit...
                            Last edited by Shockm; January 21, 2024, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• To go along with what Victor Davis Hanson said above, some Christians (and media) pushed back on NBC in the past week. Free Speech seems to be a questioned right with some media.

NBC Sports Secretly Edits CJ Stroud Postgame Interview

CJ Stroud, a rookie quarterback, has had an unbelievable season and won a playoff game for the Houston Texans. Take a look at what he said live in an interview with NBC Sports, then look at how NBC Sports actually presented the interview later to its social media audience. Notice anything missing?

https://townhall.com/videos/2024/01/...rview-n2633982

Comment

• Some positive developments related to Christianity. Some reasons for life changing decisions.

50 Atheists Found Christ. This Researcher Found Out Why.

For many former atheists, difficult life experiences had convinced them there could not be a good, present, or powerful God. Others held understandable objections to belief, to the Bible, to a perceived irreconcilability of science and faith.

One former atheist recalled, “We lost a lot of friends, honestly. Even then our beliefs were very liberal and, in some sense, more closely aligned with atheism than with Christianity on all sorts of issues. But just saying, ‘We’re going to church this Sunday’ or ‘Jesus is God’ meant a lot of people hated us and wouldn’t even talk to us anymore because of that. It was difficult.” Even so, his newfound joy and peace in Christ sustained him in his new faith.

We all want to make sense of the world and be satisfied in our lives. Dissatisfaction can prompt searching for something more than our worldview has to offer. Disruptive longings can grow in someone as they look for better explanations to understand the world around them or their own lives.

Christians rejoice when atheists give their lives to Christ, but typically we only see the end result. Unless we know the skeptic personally, we rarely get a detailed picture of what brought about an openness to faith. In Atheists Finding God: Unlikely Stories of Conversions to Christianity in the Contemporary West, C. S. Lewis Institute teaching fellow and Side B Stories podcast host Jana S. Harmon presents findings from her conversations with 50 atheists who came to faith. Christopher Reese, editor of The Worldview Bulletin, spoke with Harmon about her research and its implications for sharing the gospel with skeptics.

What were some of the commonly held beliefs of the atheists you interviewed before their conversions?

Generally speaking, they viewed Christian belief and believers through a negative lens. Lacking exposure to genuine forms of belief, many developed their perception of Christianity through an unfriendly, distanced cultural perspective, which led to reductionistic caricatures and stereotypes. Or, for those who had some contact with religion or religious people, they found Christianity to be wanting and unattractive. Faith was often painted as superstitious, delusional, and uneducated, irreconcilable with science and contemporary ways of thinking and living. Christians were often seen as intolerant, bigoted, judgmental, and hypocritical.

Interestingly, not nearly as many of these former atheists had good reasons to justify their own godless perspective. They seemed to know what they were against much more than what they were for. Many had readily dismissed God and faith out of hand without thoughtful analysis of exactly what they were rejecting or what they were embracing. They simply presumed a settled perspective based upon what they heard around them in the surrounding culture or by esteemed authorities.

For many former atheists, difficult life experiences had convinced them there could not be a good, present, or powerful God. Others held understandable objections to belief, to the Bible, to a perceived irreconcilability of science and faith, to “bad” religion and religious people, and to various Christian claims about morality.

We all want to make sense of the world and be satisfied in our lives. Dissatisfaction can prompt searching for something more than our worldview has to offer. Disruptive longings can grow in someone as they look for better explanations to understand the world around them or their own lives.

What were some of the challenges your interview subjects faced after embracing Christian belief?

Unfavorable cultural stereotypes of Christians abound in Western culture. Within that context, conversion to Christianity came at great social cost. Nearly one-third of respondents reported negative responses or rejection from friends and family. They found their newfound faith to be socially frowned upon, embarrassing, and relationally alienating.

One former atheist recalled, “We lost a lot of friends, honestly. Even then our beliefs were very liberal and, in some sense, more closely aligned with atheism than with Christianity on all sorts of issues. But just saying, ‘We’re going to church this Sunday’ or ‘Jesus is God’ meant a lot of people hated us and wouldn’t even talk to us anymore because of that. It was difficult.” Even so, his newfound joy and peace in Christ sustained him in his new faith.

What would you like atheists who read the book to take away from it?

I wrote this book to take an honest look at how and why atheists embrace atheism, become open to change, and convert to Christianity. My hope is that any atheist who reads it will appreciate why intelligent, educated atheists have become convinced that Christian faith makes the most sense of reality. More than that, I hope they will seriously consider the claims of Christianity for themselves and be inspired by the tremendous life changes detailed in the pages of this book.
                                https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...ies-faith.html
                                Last edited by Shockm; January 23, 2024, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X