No announcement yet.

2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Democrats ever lose elections that take days to count votes? Seems like they always pull em out.

I don't remember it taking days to count votes in the 90s. How is it we are moving backwards in this regard? I gues 'we' aren't but 'some' are.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I'm starting to think there's a silver lining in how this election turned out. I think 2023 and 2024 are going to be brutal in the economy. I expect double-digit mortgage rates and a full-blown recession by the end of 2023 or early 2024. If Dems have the Senate and the White House, and Reps only have a slim majority in the House, it's going to be hard to blame it all on the Reps. Plus, with control of the House, Republicans can limit the damage that the Dems can do over the next two years. All legislation has to originate in the House.

We just have to regroup and do better in 2024. We need DeSantis. He's figured out how to do it in Florida. We need that energy for the whole country.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What I find difficult to factor in is the impact cheating might have on many of the toss up races.
        I posted this a couple of weeks ago. This may have become an even bigger obstacle to overcome than I previously suspected. It actually may be the best reason why the Republicans fell so short of expectations and why the polls were so inaccurate. The Republicans has their shy voters, but the Democrats have their invisible voters. I must say I am impressed with the way the Democrats have seemed to have pulled this off although to do so you have to be totally corrupt, devious and unethical. But that pretty much describes today's Democrat party.

With This Obstacle in Place, Republicans Can't Get the White House

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...ans_cant_get_t he_white_house.html

While I've seen plenty of postmortems already, the single biggest issue that wrecked the wave was mail-in voting combined with ballot-harvesting, which all but eliminated Republican hopes in states where Democrats control the voting rules. This is why Senate polls were so wrong in these states.

James Carville said his party would have lost 57 seats but was saved by Donald Trump. Nonsense. They were saved by mass mail-in voting and ballot-harvesting. That is the fundamental difference between today and 2010, when Republicans won 63 seats during Obama's first midterm.

The other narrative that is being tossed around is that Republicans had poor candidates. Again, this is to be expected, since many people are using the election to attack former President Trump. But it's a foolish take. You will never have perfect candidates in every race. But, across the board, Republican candidates were far superior to those the Democrats put up, with only a couple of exceptions.

I'm even skeptical of the claim I'm seeing bandied about that David McCormick would have won the Senate seat in Pennsylvania. Perhaps. But, considering that there were enough ballots flooding the zone to elect the worst candidate in recent memory, I doubt it. The Democrats built a ballot-collecting machine in Pennsylvania that spit out a radical ogre who can't articulate a single intelligent thought.

Republicans used to joke about needing to win above the margin of fraud, which was generally accepted to be relatively small. But now that Democrats can flood the zone with ballots that they can collect over the course of weeks, that is now far too steep a hill to climb in all but the reddest areas. Every ballot they send out is easy to convert into a vote.

It has taken states off the competitive map. Democrat officials mail out massive numbers of ballots to people who would never bother to vote, and their operatives collect those ballots and run up the score. It effectively eliminates the concept of the low-propensity voter, since operatives see to it that all the ballots are requested and rounded up.

Within these ballot collection systems, there are no effective checks in place to stop voter fraud, and Democrats resist any attempt to apply any form of ID requirement.

That's a feature of the system. It is meant to open the door to massive fraud that is virtually undetectable. Considering how fast Pennsylvania was called, does anyone really think they were validating the mail-in ballots? Throw them all into together and count them, both the good and the bad. That's the name of the game, and in close states, it is nearly foolproof.

It is going to be very hard for Republicans to win back the White House with key states now being blocked.

The red wave crashed on Florida because this is not allowed. How many of the votes in Miami-Dade would have flipped had operatives pressured residents to hand over ballots? Democrats are angry that they couldn't effectively manipulate the Florida elections. Ana Navarro made that clear enough when she accused DeSantis of gaming the system and creating an unlevel playing field, which, in liberalese, means that he shut down the cheating.

The Republican state party in the ballot-collecting blue states will need to adjust to this new environment and start ballot-collecting itself. Entering Election Day staring out of a pit is not a winning strategy. But that's not enough. They will never be able to out-Democrat the Democrats, who are unbound from ethical considerations.

Republicans need to get mass mail-in ballots and ballot-harvesting before the Supreme Court as part of a voter disenfranchisement case. That should be their endgame because that is the heart of the issue. If Fetterman can win in Pennsylvania and Whitmer can win in Michigan, actual voters don't matter that much more in those states than they did in Iraq.

Now is the time to go all-in on a legal strategy. If Republicans wait until the start of the 2024 cycle, it will be too late.

They should also hold hearings on voter integrity and flash a blazing light on the issue. This is also why it is so important that Kari Lake wins in Arizona. The Republicans desperately need smart and fearless communicators who can lead the charge on this issue and blast through the media's demagogic spin.
        Will the Republicans be successful in countering these developments? I very much doubt it. Welcome to the new divided states of what used to be America.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 13, 2022, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Here is another article along the same lines that it is the election systems in place in many of these swing states that are now the issue.

GOP must insist on a return to pre-2020 election system in competitive states or die

The mass mailing of millions of absentee ballots, coupled with lengthy return periods and allowed methods of return (e.g., unsupervised drop boxes) has, in a multitude of ways, expanded the Dem vote.

It may save them both the House and Senate this time.

This was foreseeable. In Florida it was fixed. What was wrong during the last two years with the rest of the Republican leadership?

This election conclusively establishes that until the corrupt electoral mechanics established in 2020 in almost all competitive states are abolished, and something like Florida’s electoral laws put into place, Republicans will be laboring not merely against the entire corporate and tech media, but under vote mechanics that give the Dems: 1. every opportunity to engage in fraud; and 2. constitute a national remedial help plan for several million Democrat-inclined incompetents who, in the absence of these mechanics, would not vote at all.

All the blather about weak candidates, wrong messaging, abortion and Donald Trump are so much barking up wrong trees. This atrocious Republican electoral outcome will have been produced by the electoral mechanics that the timid Republican establishment allowed to be adopted in 2020, and then to be extended to this election, and - for all the fight on this issue Republican leaders have shown - probably forever.

Comment

• Kyle Becker @kylenabecker

The Democratic Party treats elections like war, the GOP treats it like a rec center pickup basketball game for over 50s

Comment

• I am totally amazed at how many people in Arizona vote by mail. Looks like only about 470K voted at the polling places. While over 2 million voted by mail. (there are still about 325,000 votes to count in AZ, nearly all of it was mail ballots (most of which were dropped off on Election Day) so that will add to the early vote totals. Even less than a third of Kari Lake's vote will be from the polling place. I guess that is why it takes so long to count these ballots, especially if they don't start processing them until Election Day. That is a lot of signatures to check and match. https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/33/

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 6.50.47 PM.png
              Last edited by shox1989; November 13, 2022, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                I am totally amazed at how many people in Arizona vote by mail. Looks like only about 470K voted at the polling places. While over 2 million voted by mail. (there are still about 325,000 votes to count in AZ, nearly all of it was mail ballots (most of which were dropped off on Election Day) so that will add to the early vote totals. Even less than a third of Kari Lake's vote will be from the polling place. I guess that is why it takes so long to count these ballots, especially if they don't start processing them until Election Day. That is a lot of signatures to check and match. https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/33/

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 6.50.47 PM.png
                The above screen shot is from the AZ Secretary of State website. The link below is from NBC news. The information on the percentage of ballots counted so far from mail ballots is similar: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...election_usmap

Comment

• ‘White Wave’ of Mail-In Ballots Slammed Oz, Other Republicans

Painful lesson for GOP leaders who tout in-person voting

https://www.theepochtimes.com/white-...81FKsRh0kUo%3D

Call it “the White Wave.” A flood of white envelopes containing mail-in ballots lofted Democrat candidates to victories in several key Nov. 8 races.

Jacob Neiheisel, professor of political science at the University at Buffalo, told The Epoch Times in a Nov. 9 interview that it appears to be a tactical mistake to encourage one method of voting while discouraging others.

“You want your supporters to use anything they can,” he said. “That’s Election Day voting, early voting, absentee … whatever tool is most effective for you.”

He thinks that might help deliver more Republican victories and counteract the Democrats’ effective use of mail-in voting campaigns.

However, Neiheisel harbors concerns about early voting methods, such as mailing in ballots or voting in person weeks ahead of Election Day.

While he thinks it’s great to make it easy for citizens to exercise their right to vote, Neiheisel worries about pitfalls.

“What happens if the candidate dies before election day? What happens if new information comes in that might have changed your mind?” he asked.

Fetterman, for example, may have benefited from votes that were mailed before voters could see his Oct. 25 debate with Oz. Pennsylvania rules vary by county, but some places allow voters to submit absentee ballots and mail-ins up to 50 days prior to an election.

That means many votes were cast well before Fetterman stammered his way through the showdown, laying bare the apparent effects of the stroke he suffered in May and raising questions about whether his health could withstand the rigors of a U.S. Senate job.

i have not problem with mail-in voting. I think the way Sedgwick County (not sure if this is state wide) handles it is a pretty sane way of doing things. You have to apply of your ballot. No big deal. A simple one page form that is a fillable PDF to include your driver's license number or other ID card number, Name, address, phone number and date of birth. Sign, date and mail.

Ballots are mailed to the voter 20 days before election day. Plenty of time to get it turned around. The ballot envelope is signed on the outside by the voter or by the person assisting a voter. I don't know if they wait until election day to tabulate these votes or not. I have used this method for the last 10 years or so and find it very easy and convenient.

However, there is no doubt that mail-in voting is subject to shenanigans especially with the way it is handled in various other jurisdictions around the country.

Comment

• Why is it that Democrats always win these elections that take days and weeks to count votes? Seems odd to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Why is it that Democrats always win these elections that take days and weeks to count votes? Seems odd to me.
                      They have called several US House races in the last couple of days for the Republicans. At least a couple of them, the R was behind until the last day or two and the late ballots but them in the lead for good. I think the media just focuses on the big Senate and Governors races that end up going in favor of the Ds.

Comment

• Greg Price @greg_price11

Republican senate candidates in every swing state were heavily outspent (not including PAC money). AZ Kelly: $73M Masters: $9M .........NV Cortez-Masto: $46M Laxalt: $12M ..........NH Hassen: $36M Bolduc: $2M ..............PA Fetterman: $52M Oz: $37M ..........GA Warnock: $75M Walker: $32M

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Greg Price @greg_price11

Republican senate candidates in every swing state were heavily outspent (not including PAC money). AZ Kelly: $73M Masters: $9M .........NV Cortez-Masto: $46M Laxalt: $12M ..........NH Hassen: $36M Bolduc: $2M ..............PA Fetterman: $52M Oz: $37M ..........GA Warnock: $75M Walker: $32M
                          What a waste of money. All around.

I count up about $350 million to earn a seat that will pay around $300k for a house seat ×3 that for a Senate seat. That is entirely effed up and alone shows that it's about buying power (which they shouldn't even really have). The federal gov't was supposed to be the least powerful of all. Instead, it doles out trillions a year to worthless endeavors, donors, grifters, and a lifeline of subsistence to our elderly. I'm not for socialized much. But when I see 5 trillion getting spent, I ask myself why can't we pay for poor people's healthcare?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

What a waste of money. All around.

I count up about $350 million to earn a seat that will pay around $300k for a house seat ×3 that for a Senate seat. That is entirely effed up and alone shows that it's about buying power (which they shouldn't even really have). The federal gov't was supposed to be the least powerful of all. Instead, it doles out trillions a year to worthless endeavors, donors, grifters, and a lifeline of subsistence to our elderly. I'm not for socialized much. But when I see 5 trillion getting spent, I ask myself why can't we pay for poor people's healthcare?
                            People don’t spend that much without expecting a return. And have you seen the houses many of the Dem and Repub leaders live in? They didn’t get there on $300k a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

People don’t spend that much without expecting a return. And have you seen the houses many of the Dem and Repub leaders live in? They didn’t get there on $300k a year.
                              There would be not shortage of congressional/senatorial candidates even at a salary of $0

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Here's a guy who won't get a return that he likes. I wonder how much money he stuffed away in an off shore account.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...to/ar-AA13YlMn

Oops. Sam Bankman-Fried’s implosion took down Democrats’ second-biggest donor with it as the party gears up to regulate crypto.

The 30-year-old Bankman-Fried has been a major force in Democratic politics, ranking as the party’s second-biggest individual donor in the 2021-2022 election cycle, according to Open Secrets, with donations totaling $39.8 million. That ranks only behind George Soros (about $128 million), but ahead of many other big names, including Michael Bloomberg ($28.3 million). What’s more, he had promised to spend far more on Democrats moving forward, predicting in May that he’d fund “north of $100 million” and had a “soft ceiling” of $1 billion for the 2024 elections.

Comment

Working...
                                X