No announcement yet.

2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotta people angry and horrified about Montana voting to let a baby die after birth. But the devil is in the details and this is how horrific stuff passes sometimes when it shouldn’t. Read that. That’s how it read on the ballot. How would you vote?

Comment

• Yes seems like the appropriate answer to save said born alive child. I'm guessing that's wrong?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• As I understand it Pa allowed mail in votes a month ago that were unsigned and undated. Of course, Republicans objected and the issue was decided in favor of Democrats by the courts. The problem with that is that the courts did NOT have the authority to do that. The legislature has that authority and was circumvented. Bottom line is that there were thousands of unsigned undated illegal votes approved giving Fetterman a BIG lead right off the bat. Fetterman now has the deciding vote in so many really important issues with Harris to break ties. R's must win Nevada and the run off in Georgia.

Comment

• Unsigned votes were allowed???? How is that not causing a riot?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Nate Silver was simply evaluating the public polling. He isn't a pollster. The polls were obviously off. Again.
            Fair enough, but why were his polls so much different than the others?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Unsigned votes were allowed???? How is that not causing a riot?
              They weren't supposed to be but I am guessing they were anyway.

Comment

• But somehow I am a conspiracy theorist for questioning this, amirite?

Comment

• There probably weren't 210K of these, which is the amount of ****tards that voted for an incompetent moron in PA to represent them....and that was before the stroke that makes him incapable of performing his job, even as a rubber stamp Senator. Hell, Kim Jong-un is about a million times more qualified than Fetterman. It's beyond insane that an entire state made that decision and I don't care if Oz is from the lost city of Atlantis and voted in their last election.

Clearly there are issues state to state, and I don't know how anyone with a sound mind, DEM or GOP, thinks allowing undated unsigned mail in ballots a month or 2 in advance is a good idea.

I am going to try and make a couple of points, I will probably fail.

Voting is a right, it is not mandatory. Frankly brutally honestly, if you are NOT engaged enough to look at some issues, you shouldn't vote. And choosing not to be engaged and not to vote is absolutely a right and we have no business trying to change that.

My desire to be engaged and make an informed decision should NOT be run over by paid out of state political hired guns going door to door to get people ballots and helping them fill those ballots out and returning them for weeks or even months before the election.

Absentee ballot requests should be closely monitored. In fact, in 2022, they should be initiated by the voter ONLY, then supervised by non partisan election personnel, and recorded online or through the phone after proper identification. You're going to be out of town? Great! You go online, or mail in a request, they contact you, identify you and you vote while you are recorded.

I have no problem making the day a holiday but it really isn't needed. Everyone can get time off. But the early voting needs to be limited to at most 1 week. If you can't vote in a week's time then you aren't engaged enough to be deciding the course of action for anything.

Something must be done to slow or stop out of state money influencing elections. I don't even want to know how much Soros cash went into attack ads against Schmidt. It's not DC's business. And I don't want 100K Texans descending on Georgia next week to get out the Walker vote. I want Georgians to decide, and I think you all do as well. Also, the D triple C funneling money to GOP primaries to try and influence who is nominated is only better than Russian influence by microdots.

As far as what the GOP needs to do. It's been said many times, but we need new, strong leadership. We need a consistent and positive message. And most of all, we need to defang the DEMs with their talking points.

And right now they make a lot of hay with 3 biggies: 1)Trump 2)Jan 6/Democracy 3)abortion/Scotus.

1)Trump has his good points and ideas. But he is absolutely killing the GOP. And he's too arrogant to believe it. What in the hell was with the comment about him getting more votes in Florida than DeSantis? Beyond childish. (As a side note, racist, liberal CBS Morning host Gayle King called him Ron DeSanctis this morning, unintentionally, but showed her true racist and bigoted self with that slipup. There will be NO ramifications as always). There will always be Trump loyalists because he's a fighter, but his time has gone.

2)If the GOP holds the House, stop with the pettiness on Jan 6. Just stop.

3)Abortion. The left is destroying the country with this (politicians in general). I'm comfortable saying that everyone here, regardless of your ideology, believes that abortion is a bad thing. But also the vast majority believe it is a necessary evil with some level of restriction in the 21st century in the USA. It's hard (if not impossible) to find an issue where nearly 70% of Americans agree, but on safe, limited, but legal abortion, that's where we are. But it's going to have to be done at the state level and by the GOP. They DEMS will never give up their golden ticket. Pass the law, put it on the ballot but for ****'s sake, don't screw it up and create a big word salad that makes it appear you're trying to back door something else. Be honest, be upfront and be LOUD and get it done and take away their knife.

If the GOP will do this across the country A)We won't have to listen to fat ugly gay women that no homeless drunk pervert would **** for meth complain how the right is taking away her constitutional rights to murder an innocent baby and B)won't energize any other 1 issue chowderheads that exist. Many of those folks will stay home.

Yes, they will find the next abortion topic (guns and weed) but they aren't like abortion. Politicians are using that against the country to divide us. We have to stop them.

Anyone that thinks that the DEMs are going to codify RvW are kidding themselves. It's the best thing they have going and they aren't about to screw it up. They had the President, Senate and House. Why didn't they already? Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Fair enough, but why were his polls so much different than the others?
                    He doesn't do the polling, only analyzes the data from the polling. His final forecast was

Senate 51 R, 49 D
                    House 230 R, 205 D

Right now Senate is 49 R, 48 D with both R and D each likely to pick up 1 - then it comes down to Georgia run off. So his analysis was spot on.

House is presently 211 R, 193 D

The house is much different. Idk why it so hard to count votes, but to many house seats outstanding to know exactly how good or how bad the 538 analysis was. But it does look like the polling favored R. Depending what the house results end up being, a possible explanation is there may not have been enough polling (data) and the possible error was just larger.

Comment

• You can actually go directly to the Pennsylvania election results website and it shows right on the front page how many mail-in votes and how many election day votes each candidate received.

Right now it says Fetterman received 922,184 mail-in votes and Oz received 226,852 mail-in votes. I don't know how many of Fetterman's mail-in votes were fraudulent, but with that kind of disparity it makes you wonder.

Comment

• Can't a disparity like that be attributed to the fact that many Republican and Trump supporters have been very anti voting by mail and have been screaming to vote in person for a few years now?

Or we could just go with Dem voters are lazy so voting by mail makes it easier for them to be lazy.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          As I understand it Pa allowed mail in votes a month ago that were unsigned and undated. Of course, Republicans objected and the issue was decided in favor of Democrats by the courts. The problem with that is that the courts did NOT have the authority to do that. The legislature has that authority and was circumvented. Bottom line is that there were thousands of unsigned undated illegal votes approved giving Fetterman a BIG lead right off the bat. Fetterman now has the deciding vote in so many really important issues with Harris to break ties. R's must win Nevada and the run off in Georgia.
                          That is not true. They can't count properly signed ballots if the voter didn't date the signature. The lower court had ruled that as long as they were properly signed, it did not matter if the voter had dated the signature. But the supreme court overturned that ruling. So even if the envelope is signed and postmarked in time, they aren't allowed to count the ballot if the voter did not write the date by their signature. This ruling caused thousands of mail ballots to be thrown out.

Comment

• This is the lists of ballots in Philadelphia that won't be counted unless the voter corrected their mistake or voted provisional instead.

Comment

• Pennsylvania reelects State Democrat that died in early October

https://saraacarter.com/pennsylvania...m_source=jeeng

No, not talking about John Fetterman.

Anthony “Tony” DeLuca was reelected in the Pennsylvania State House which would make him the longest-serving state representative; if he was still living. However, he died in October.

What a let down Pennsylvania was for Republicans for these midterm elections. The state was so successful at not contributing to a red wave of Republican wins that it actually even elected a deceased Democrat. Anthony “Tony” DeLuca was reelected in the Pennsylvania State House which would make him the longest-serving state representative; if he was still living. However, he died in October.

The Pennsylvania House Democratic Caucus wrote Democrat Anthony “Tony” DeLuca died Oct. 9 “after a brief battle with lymphoma, a disease he twice previously beat. He was 85.”

“While we’re incredibly saddened by the loss of Representative Tony DeLuca, we are proud to see the voters to continue to show their confidence in him and his commitment to Democratic values by re-electing him posthumously. A special election will follow soon,” Pennsylvania House Democrats said in a tweet.

Comment

• Sus

Comment

Working...
                                X