No announcement yet.

2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how the rules work in Georgia, but I hope the runoff is a 40 yard dash!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Not sure how the rules work in Georgia, but I hope the runoff is a 40 yard dash!
      I can guarantee you Warnock will get a 10 second head start...

Comment

• If it wasn't painfully obvious before this election, a few things need to happen from the GOP side before 2024.
        • Model everything nationally after what just happened in Florida.
        • Unify the ticket behind Desantis and away from Trump. I like Trump and his ideas but he is just too devisive for the moderates and that is who you need to win and win big.
        That is the starting point.

Comment

• I would gladly vote for Trump in the general election, but would never support him in the primary,

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            My hopes for a red wave turned into a red ass.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Nate Silver needs to fire himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I do wonder how many people actually understood what it was they were voting for. I don't recall seeing a lot of talk or news about it heading into yesterday and I'm going to guess a lot of people are too impatient to read what the ballot said before they voted.
                The real head-scratcher is Constitutional Amendment 2 passing 62% to 38%. It bans counties from merging sheriff and police departments as Riley County did and it bans county attorneys from removing corrupt sheriffs. That's now going to be part of the state constitution. As if we really needed that change.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There is several takeaways for me

1. Republican have to realize it is time to move on from Trump.

2. Candidate quality actually matters.

3. Desantis 2024

Maybe Republican will have enough balls to stand up and say enough is enough with Trump - he is toxic for the party. But I have my doubts.
                  I don't know enough about Desantis yet (although he does seem very popular in FL), but I totally agree with 1 and 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

The real head-scratcher is Constitutional Amendment 2 passing 62% to 38%. It bans counties from merging sheriff and police departments as Riley County did and it bans county attorneys from removing corrupt sheriffs. That's now going to be part of the state constitution. As if we really needed that change.
                    I agree. I tried to learn more about where this strange constitutional amendment came from, and learned that it was introduced and pushed by the State Sheriff's Association. It seems like a dumb idea to me. But it was long and I wonder how many people bothered to even read it, let alone think about what they were putting in the Constitution. Shoot our legislators probably didn't even bother reading it before voting to put it on the ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

It reeks of the back the blue no matter what mentality.

Or people don't educate themselves or bother to read it on the ballot.

Or both.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• This was an unbelievably Historically bad night for the Republican Party. They really need to move from Trump and get better candidates. The first mid-term election for a new President always goes bad for the President's party (unless there is some huge thing that makes the President very popular). Inflation is the highest in 50 years and Biden's approval numbers are bad. The Ds should have gotten killed last night.

For Comparison- the last two D President's first mid-term elections net changes: Clinton in 1994: Rs GAINED 10 GOVERNORS, R's GAINED 10 US SENATORS, & R's GAINED 54 SEATS in the US HOUSE.

Obama in 2010: Rs GAINED 6 GOVERNORS, Rs GAINED 6 US SENATORS, and R's GAINED 63 SEATS in the US HOUSE.

This year: Rs NET LOSS of 1 or 2 GOVERNORS, a range of a NET LOSS of 1 SENATOR to maybe a GAIN of 2, a HOUSE with such a small gain that 24 hours after the election they still haven't called the House for the Rs.

The GOP leadership needs to wake up. Move away from Trump and get better candidates. Candidate Quality does matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                          This was an unbelievably Historically bad night for the Republican Party. They really need to move from Trump and get better candidates. The first mid-term election for a new President always goes bad for the President's party (unless there is some huge thing that makes the President very popular). Inflation is the highest in 50 years and Biden's approval numbers are bad. The Ds should have gotten killed last night.

For Comparison- the last two D President's first mid-term elections net changes: Clinton in 1994: Rs GAINED 10 GOVERNORS, R's GAINED 10 US SENATORS, & R's GAINED 54 SEATS in the US HOUSE.

Obama in 2010: Rs GAINED 6 GOVERNORS, Rs GAINED 6 US SENATORS, and R's GAINED 63 SEATS in the US HOUSE.

This year: Rs NET LOSS of 1 or 2 GOVERNORS, a range of a NET LOSS of 1 SENATOR to maybe a GAIN of 2, a HOUSE with such a small gain that 24 hours after the election they still haven't called the House for the Rs.

The GOP leadership needs to wake up. Move away from Trump and get better candidates. Candidate Quality does matter.
                          No it doesn’t. Voter turnout matters. How do you get voters to turn out? Scare tactics.

Abortion, Climate, Weed, Pronouns. That is why the D’s maintained despite making life on every single person in this country harder.

Republicans are still buying ads on TV and touting Fox News ratings. Democrats are posting free videos to TikTok.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It reeks of the back the blue no matter what mentality.

Or people don't educate themselves or bother to read it on the ballot.

Or both.
                            Maybe I’m uneducated on it, but I voted yes for separation of powers. Police are appointed and sheriffs are elected. Don’t like your local sheriff? Vote em out or if it’s really bad, go to the local police. If they are one in the same, that decreases your likelihood of being able to fight back. It also decreases the ability to wrongly evict a sheriff by policy rather than by popularity.

An officer who’s job depends on the popular vote is likely to resolve serious issues and to tread lightly on minor infractions.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Nate Silver needs to fire himself.
                              Nate Silver was simply evaluating the public polling. He isn't a pollster. The polls were obviously off. Again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I do not know what in the actual **** is going on in Maricopa County the last few years, but it is highly irregular.
                                Katie Hobbs is the Arizona Secretary of State. That's not suspicious at all.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X