No announcement yet.

2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised that Kovach won comfortably, and surprised that Schmidt made it close

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I'm surprised that Kovach won comfortably, and surprised that Schmidt made it close
      I was expecting the exact opposite to happen.

Comment

• My hopes for a red wave turned into a red ass.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Will Republicans learn from this?

I have my doubts
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• As I said a couple of weeks ago it its hard to factor in how the cheating would impact the ultimate results, especially with everything so close. Also, it's possible that the Democrats strategy of demonizing Republicans and minions of Satan (or worse) may have had an impact. That would be disappointing if it was the case but no doubt it probably impacted/scared some voters. But the average voter is not very engaged civically and don't make put much effort or thought into their voting.

The message to me is that we are heading towards a New World Order (are a semi-global reset) or some kind of Marxist environment and as the baby boomers begin to die off over the next 10-20 years it will be tougher and tougher for any opposition to provide much resistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Will Republicans learn from this?

I have my doubts
              There is several takeaways for me

1. Republican have to realize it is time to move on from Trump.

2. Candidate quality actually matters.

3. Desantis 2024

Maybe Republican will have enough balls to stand up and say enough is enough with Trump - he is toxic for the party. But I have my doubts.

Comment

Will Republicans learn from this?
                What do you think they should learn from this?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What do you think they should learn from this?
                  The biggest thing is to distance themselves from Trump. The guy is toxic and deeply disliked outside of his small base. He wasn't all bad when it came to some of his ideas, but he wasn't some grand savior that his base has tried to portray him as and again, he's just not likable to many people and that matters. It also ties into my next point.

They should also probably stop spouting conspiracy theories and running on those theories. They sound paranoid and the average voter doesn't find that appealing.

There are a lot of people who have been voting blue, but not because they truly believe in the extremes that some in the Dem party do. About a third of voters I believe identify as independent or third party. They need to do a much better job of reaching them and stay away from some of the extremes. Both sides really need to get away from the fringe elements in their parties that seem to dictate way too much.

They also need much better party leadership.

I'd also appreciate it if they ran more small government types. Truly small government and not the people who claim to be but then support so much of the bureaucracy and overreach that much of the elected Rs do.

But I'm just a simple guy that believe in personal responsibility and freedom for individuals and businesses to go about life as they see fit as long as they're not truly harming anyone. Harm does not include upsetting people.

I'm sure there's more, but I have other things to do than to try and fix a party that doesn't think it needs fixed. Though I guess we'll see if these results change that.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Also of note, it appears that a little less than half of all registered Kansans bothered to vote. I know not all of the numbers are in, but we're at less than 1M of the nearly 2M registered.

No idea what the percentage is nationally, maybe 49% is good? And if it is good, how shitty is that for the country as a whole?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Also of note, it appears that a little less than half of all registered Kansans bothered to vote. I know not all of the numbers are in, but we're at less than 1M of the nearly 2M registered.

No idea what the percentage is nationally, maybe 49% is good? And if it is good, how shitty is that for the country as a whole?
                      We vote too often IMHO to the point voters have voting fatigue.

Comment

Also of note, it appears that a little less than half of all registered Kansans bothered to vote. I know not all of the numbers are in, but we're at less than 1M of the nearly 2M registered.

Nationwide, in the 2014 midterms about 37% of registered voters voted. In 2018 just over 49%. That's the highest % ever for a midterm election.

I suspect that yesterday will push that number, if not exceed 50% nationwide. General angst (on both sides), the Trump factor and abortion, I think, are the driving factors. But what do I know? All my prognostications have been way off of late.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There is several takeaways for me

1. Republican have to realize it is time to move on from Trump.

2. Candidate quality actually matters.

3. Desantis 2024

Maybe Republican will have enough balls to stand up and say enough is enough with Trump - he is toxic for the party. But I have my doubts.
                          You might like this post-mortem article:

I'm Sick of Losing, I Hope You Are Too

What happened on Tuesday can’t be left to lie. There has to be a reckoning, and it’s going to be uncomfortable and challenge some deeply-held priors. Republicans can’t keep running the same play over and over, hoping that the next time things will be different. No one should escape accountability.

Comment

• Libertarians and Republicans Need Some Couples Therapy

Comment

The biggest thing is to distance themselves from Trump. The guy is toxic and deeply disliked outside of his small base. He wasn't all bad when it came to some of his ideas, but he wasn't some grand savior that his base has tried to portray him as and again, he's just not likable to many people and that matters. It also ties into my next point.

They should also probably stop spouting conspiracy theories and running on those theories. They sound paranoid and the average voter doesn't find that appealing.

There are a lot of people who have been voting blue, but not because they truly believe in the extremes that some in the Dem party do. About a third of voters I believe identify as independent or third party. They need to do a much better job of reaching them and stay away from some of the extremes. Both sides really need to get away from the fringe elements in their parties that seem to dictate way too much.

They also need much better party leadership.

I'd also appreciate it if they ran more small government types. Truly small government and not the people who claim to be but then support so much of the bureaucracy and overreach that much of the elected Rs do.

But I'm just a simple guy that believe in personal responsibility and freedom for individuals and businesses to go about life as they see fit as long as they're not truly harming anyone. Harm does not include upsetting people.

I'm sure there's more, but I have other things to do than to try and fix a party that doesn't think it needs fixed. Though I guess we'll see if these results change that.
                              You think Trump has a small base?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You think Trump has a small base?
                                Relatively speaking, yes. But just like other small bases that get a lot of coverage, they're loud and annoying.

He also does more harm than good when it comes to trying to elect Republicans.

I know a lot of people that voted for him in 2020. None of them would fall into his base and they acknowledge that he has major issues. They simply feared a Biden win more than a Trump win.

I take that back. I do have one friend on FB that is a die hard supporter of his. I like the girl, but it gets pretty cringe and she doesn't get a lot of support on her posts.

But if the republicans want to lose in '24, they should rally behind him.

Like I've said, he had some good ideas at times and you can repackage some of that with a more likable candidate. And don't let Trump anywhere near them when campaigning. Republicans need the independents to vote for them in '24 and that's not going to happen if they're rallying around Trump. Hell, there are a lot of Republicans that don't like him too. Some of those are friends I mentioned above.

Honestly, I think the Rs are going to continue to rally around him and cost themselves the next election.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X