Trump Impeachment 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Impeachment 2.0

House Democrats are demonstrating that any semblance of unification is not on their agenda. This move is symbolic, so what message is it sending exactly?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

That they really, really don’t like Trump?

Comment

Unification does not equal turning a blind eye to what has become a national and Constitutional threat.

A successful impeachment removes Trump from the official political picture. They are doing the Conservatives a favor.

I am so resentful of the man I made so many excuses for. Burn him to the ground Dems.

Comment

They will never be able to impeach him. They don’t have the votes. It is all a charade. If anything they actually are wanting him to run again - it is a disruption to the Republican Party.

Comment

What I've been thinking about more and more lately is the knowledge Trump has of highly sensitive national security information. He is almost assuredly going to be sharing that with the wrong people in hopes of ingratiating himself and profiting from it. How can the U.S. protect itself from a loose-lipped former president? I will promise you this, there will be an overhaul of top-secret protocol the likes of which nobody has ever seen once Orangeman is gone. Of course the easiest solution is if he just ends up missing. But no doubt his kids are "well informed" as well. What a mess...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            They will never be able to impeach him. They don’t have the votes. It is all a charade. If anything they actually are wanting him to run again - it is a disruption to the Republican Party.
            You may be surprised by how many votes they have. There can't be more than a handful of senators who are supporting Trump at this point. And with him out of the picture permanently, it offers more opportunity for the up-and-comers. Trump will be the equivalent of the 3rd party candidate if he isn't put away for good.

Ban him!

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              What I've been thinking about more and more
              That is a very bad thing. Just stop. For the sake of all of us.

BTW, your fear would actually be a crime and he would got to prison.

Comment

You may be surprised by how many votes they have. There can't be more than a handful of senators who are supporting Trump at this point. And with him out of the picture permanently, it offers more opportunity for the up-and-comers. Trump will be the equivalent of the 3rd party candidate if he isn't put away for good.

Ban him!
                There is no way they can get impeachment done before he is out of office. They have already said that. Post impeachment would end up being a constitutional court fight.

This is all a charade so they can keep talking about trump instead of admitting they have no answers for anything.

Comment

What I've been thinking about more and more lately is the knowledge Trump has of highly sensitive national security information. He is almost assuredly going to be sharing that with the wrong people in hopes of ingratiating himself and profiting from it. How can the U.S. protect itself from a loose-lipped former president? I will promise you this, there will be an overhaul of top-secret protocol the likes of which nobody has ever seen once Orangeman is gone. Of course the easiest solution is if he just ends up missing. But no doubt his kids are "well informed" as well. What a mess...
                  I would think he and his family could live quite well in Qatar or Jeddah with his holdings administered by a trust or liquidated in an orderly manner (Ken Feinberg?) and a nonprosecution agreement between feds and states conditional on him having a nice warm glass of shut the hell up forever.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I would think he and his family could live quite well in Qatar or Jeddah with his holdings administered by a trust or liquidated in an orderly manner (Ken Feinberg?) and a nonprosecution agreement between feds and states conditional on him having a nice warm glass of shut the hell up forever.
                    I hope they make things extremely clear and then have a couple CIA operatives approach him in foreign countries over the next several years attempting to set him up ERRRRR test his adherence to the agreement.

A bright side would be that leaking "old information" can be an effective tool for deception. And enemy states will believe Trump to be sincere because they know his character well.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

There is no way they can get impeachment done before he is out of office. They have already said that. Post impeachment would end up being a constitutional court fight.

This is all a charade so they can keep talking about trump instead of admitting they have no answers for anything.
                      It's not a charade. Trump failed to keep his oath and broke the law. As a Conservative I would think this wouldn't be difficult for you to understand.

Here's hoping that the Supreme Court rules the impeachment may continue into the new presidency.

P.S. Having the Biden administration and both chambers of Congress tied up w/ a Trump impeachment doesn't bother me one bit. And I'll actually be able to enjoy this one. Adding bags of popcorn to my shopping list as we speak.

Comment

With his cabinet more or less disintegrated (Scott Wolf out today) or MIA I don't see Article 25 as an option, though I am no constitutional scholar.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I know they want to prosecute him, and if he committed a crime, then so be it. I’m not convinced he has committed a crime. He will be an even greater symbol if he is martyred. It’s like the Emperor begging Like Skywalker to strike him down.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

This is lame and a complete waste of time and resources. Plain and simple. More politics as usual by the left. They don't have to worry about DONALD Trump and him running again. He likely cooked that goose last week and won't be the Republican nominee in 2024 or any other time. That's not to say that he won't be popular. It's just that the Republican Committee knows that they won't win with him. It's another Plastic Pelosi sham and farce. It will not go anywhere either, BTW. Pointless.

Comment

Traditional Republicans should never want to see Donald Trump in office ever again. If Republicans think they have to have the votes of the rioters who stormed the Capitol chanting "Hang Mike Pence", that would be an admission of desperation.

The rioters actually believe the election was stolen. 60 court cases, two in the Supreme Court, an investigation by Bill Barr (one of Trump's most loyal supporters), and the guy Trump appointed to be in charge of cyber security for the election all say there was no fraud to remotely approach changing the outcome of any election.

So why would the rioters believe the election was stolen and they truly believed they were attempting to take over the government and return it to Donald Trump? Probably because he told them for months before the election that that would happen. Then media platforms favored by the rioters repeated the warnings that the election would be stolen. Then when Biden won the election, that was taken as proof that the election had been stolen.

Trump can be eliminated from ever holding public office again by being convicted in an impeachment. That could be attractive to some Republican senators. I've heard it reported from legal scholars that even if he is not convicted, the Senate can, by a majority vote, prevent him from ever holding a federal office. I haven't heard that before and haven't checked it out.

There has been speculation that the impeachment will be handled by the Senate when Chuck Schumer is expected to be the Senate Majority leader. There has been talk by some Democrat Senators that they would rather concentrate the first hundred days on working with Biden and helping him in that transition period. Then take up the impeachment. That sounds like a decent plan because there would be several months of investigation into the riots and a lot more facts would be known then than would be known sooner.

It was not unexpected that Trump would attempt to burn down the house if he were evicted from it. It's not that surprising that he locked the Republican party inside the house before he set it on fire.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X