No announcement yet.

Trump Impeachment 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A funny line from Mike Pompeo is the possible book from Dan Scavino: the tweets that never went out.

I would love to see some of those.

Scavino is a good dude.

Comment

Articles of impeachment have arrived.

Rand Paul introduced a motion to dismiss as the articles of impeachment against Former President Donald Trump are unconstitutional.

Forty-five Republican senators voted in favor of dismissing. Impeachment is dead on arrival.

Meanwhile Vermont Democratic Sen. Pat Leahy was hospitalized Tuesday just hours after being sworn in to preside over the second impeachment of President Donald Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Articles of impeachment have arrived.

Rand Paul introduced a motion to dismiss as the articles of impeachment against Former President Donald Trump are unconstitutional.

Forty-five Republican senators voted in favor of dismissing. Impeachment is dead on arrival.

Meanwhile Vermont Democratic Sen. Pat Leahy was hospitalized Tuesday just hours after being sworn in to preside over the second impeachment of President Donald Trump.
        What a sh!t show.

Apparently Roberts is recusing himself as he is questioning the Constitutionality of the proceeding. The Constitution says "The President..." and since Trump is no longer President, it is not Constitutionally valid. It is such a waste of time as they don't have the votes anyway. It's just triggered revenge.

Comment

Merged into existing thread.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Merged into existing thread.
            Which thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Which thread?
              SB created an impeachment 2 thread so I merged that into this one.

Comment

If we're impeaching former Presidents, I vote for Woodrow Wilson
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The biggest problem with these impeachments of Trump is that they haven't been about Constitutionality, they've been about The Swamp Not Liking Trump. Watergate was a time when the President broke the law, and it would have warranted Impeachment from a bi-partisan POV. There have been many times that President's have skirted Constitutional grounds and could have been impeached, but they weren't because it wasn't a clear case, and arguments existed both ways. In Trump's case, the only Republican's who voted against Trump had documented many times that they didn't like Trump such as Romney and Amash. I don't like Trump either, but I think that impeachment should be reserved for clear cut cases where there is extreme bi-partisan agreement. Otherwise, Impeachment in America, is destined for usage on a regular basis, and loses it's "shame" and "punch".

From 1776-1867, impeachment was never used against a sitting President, even though, discourse was very high during periods of that time. In 1867, Andrew Johnson was the first President impeached during probably America's highest time of disagreement, the Civil War. Yet, in the past 23 years, we've had three impeachments. One in 1998, and Two in the past two years (1919 and 1921). Impeachment has officially become a "joke" and pretty much just because people didn't like Donald Trump. Who knows how many more we will have in the next 10-20 years? The Swamp lives on.

Comment

In hindsight, Trump should be on his 3rd impeachment by now. His first was probably the lightest case, but considering his "warm" relationship with the Democrats, it was enough.

His 2nd impeachment should have been over the pandemic. Reckless endangerment seems to incapsulate his behavior nicely. He was given intelligence very early on that this is the real deal. His excuse then was that he didn't want to cause panic. The likely real reason is he didn't want to upset the stock market during an election year. Regardless, he would likely be given a pass early on. Closer to the summer his anger towards the virus became clear. It wasn't anger for the lives lost, it was because of the impact on his reelection. He then chose to call his followers to campaign rallies causing untold amounts of infections. He continually employed individuals to attack science and spread misinformation. His stubbornness and selfishness caused hundreds of thousands of needless deaths. I would compare his malfeasance to a school principle who mocks his/her teachers when they attempt to run fire drills. The school burns down and the principle gets canned. This is exactly what happened in the U.S.

The 3rd impeachment is as clear as the 2nd. Trump from day one has directly or indirectly called for his followers to "rise up". On the day of the insurrection, he called for them to rise up again. And they knew this was "the big one". This was the time when the Demoncrats finally found a way to beat Donald Trump and they weren't gonna let it happen.

With my blinders on, I found excuses for nearly ever abhorrent behavior Trump exhibited. But with my blinders now off, he appears to be one of the most corrupt (swampy) politicians in the history of this country.

When I was looking up definitions for impeachment, I came across the following site built by fervent anti-Trumpers. It was like a walk down memory lane, except this time all the flowers were dead and the sidewalks were covered in goose ****.

What a guy...

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      In hindsight, Trump should be on his 3rd impeachment by now. His first was probably the lightest case, but considering his "warm" relationship with the Democrats, it was enough.

His 2nd impeachment should have been over the pandemic. Reckless endangerment seems to incapsulate his behavior nicely. He was given intelligence very early on that this is the real deal. His excuse then was that he didn't want to cause panic. The likely real reason is he didn't want to upset the stock market during an election year. Regardless, he would likely be given a pass early on. Closer to the summer his anger towards the virus became clear. It wasn't anger for the lives lost, it was because of the impact on his reelection. He then chose to call his followers to campaign rallies causing untold amounts of infections. He continually employed individuals to attack science and spread misinformation. His stubbornness and selfishness caused hundreds of thousands of needless deaths. I would compare his malfeasance to a school principle who mocks his/her teachers when they attempt to run fire drills. The school burns down and the principle gets canned. This is exactly what happened in the U.S.

The 3rd impeachment is as clear as the 2nd. Trump from day one has directly or indirectly called for his followers to "rise up". On the day of the insurrection, he called for them to rise up again. And they knew this was "the big one". This was the time when the Demoncrats finally found a way to beat Donald Trump and they weren't gonna let it happen.

With my blinders on, I found excuses for nearly ever abhorrent behavior Trump exhibited. But with my blinders now off, he appears to be one of the most corrupt (swampy) politicians in the history of this country.

When I was looking up definitions for impeachment, I came across the following site built by fervent anti-Trumpers. It was like a walk down memory lane, except this time all the flowers were dead and the sidewalks were covered in goose ****.

What a guy...

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

What a guy...
                        I was pretty close, but maybe too conservative. Impeachment may happen every 5-10 years. It’s not an ilegal exercise that bi-partisans can agree on. It’s just a political exercise. We disagree, therefore I will impeach you. I’m glad we agree.

Comment

ACQUITED

Interestingly the democrats voted to bring in witnesses testimony and then realized the fallacy of that position and negotiated the end of the trial and brought it to a vote.

Trump’s acquittal was never in doubt. Seventeen Republicans would have had to join all Democrats to achieve the two-thirds majority needed to convict Trump of high crimes and misdemeanors. Several Republicans argued that the trial was unconstitutional, even though a majority of the Senate voted on Tuesday to proceed with the trial.

The final vote tally was 57-43. Seven Republicans voted to convict: Richard Burr of North Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana joining five who were expected to turn against Trump: Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.'
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine

Comment

Biden's turn!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                              ACQUITED
                              does this mean that he won't be removed from the office of President?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

does this mean that he won't be removed from the office of President?
                                I guess so. But what if they do the dreaded censure?
                                oh me, oh my, not a censure!

Comment

Working...
                                X