Pfizer Covid Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It definitely makes sense for a Covid “denier” to take an optional vaccine for it.
    Good point. Ya, that makes total sense. Lol.

Clod is just keeping with the libtard mantra. If you don't fall in line and totally agree with everything you are a "denier"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Glad to hear you're gonna survive scratchy! Not uncommon to have a tough go on the 2nd shot. Based on your immune response, you would have likely had a much worse go facing the Real Deal Holyfield alien virus herself.

Thanks for the tip on pain relievers. I did not know that.

It's kind of bittersweet that a Covid-denying fool such as yourself gets vaccinated before those of us who are members of reality do... first responder or not. If I had a vote I would say your actions should back up your "big talk" offering you the opportunity to face this "fake pandemic" head on... I mean, it only hurts nursing home folk right?

Congratulations to you though! You have been given something freely that I would gladly have paid thousands for today (to give to my folks). For all you Capitalists out there, that's what you call a market distortion.

P.S. Do you know if you got the Pfizer or Moderna shot?
      What’s the definition of a denier again? Is it a person who takes an optional vaccine for something they don’t think is real?

Still not a first responder.

I can think the virus is real and still be skeptical of certain things that goes along with it. The data is not very trustworthy IMO with the way deaths are reported or counted along with “probable” deaths. Any death that has a minute chance of being related is counted without any conviction at all. A more threatening data set gets people’s attention whether it’s true or not so they go with the inflation. There should be no bias with data reporting but there is. And don’t even get me started with the false positives.

I also have a problem with the media and certain people’s reporting of this. All negative, no positive. Again there is a bias to make people more afraid. That’s not right and turns people.

I took the Pfizer. Still felt like crap the rest of the day with a fever hanging around 100.5 to 101. Finally got a bit of a headache a little while. Finally took a Tylenol and I feel pretty solid. I would expect to be good to go by tomorrow.

I hope everyone gets the shot. If we want normalcy to return, this is the only way it happens. I’m tired of the way we live our lives now. That’s reason enough for me to take it, and to prevent spreading it to others who may have a bad go of it.
      Last edited by ShockerFever; January 28, 2021, 10:34 PM.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope everyone gets the shot. If we want normalcy to return, this is the only way it happens. I’m tired of the way we live our lives now. That’s reason enough for me to take it, and to prevent spreading it to others who may have a bad go of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The question wasn't sincere. Everybody on this board knows the working definition of Covid Denier.
          It’s colloquial. Similar to the definition of assault rifle. We all know what the authoritarian MEANS when they say it, and we all know it’s propagandist bullshit.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I do not believe there is evidence that if you have had the vaccine, or had Covid, that you could not still be a spreader.

After having Covid or having the vaccine, your immune system should keep one from getting sick, but not effect one as a potential spreader.

Open to others if they have evidence otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s colloquial. Similar to the definition of assault rifle. We all know what the authoritarian MEANS when they say it, and we all know it’s propagandist bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I do not believe there is evidence that if you have had the vaccine, or had Covid, that you could not still be a spreader.

After having Covid or having the vaccine, your immune system should keep one from getting sick, but not effect one as a potential spreader.

I've got to believe the window for viral replication narrows after vaccination, but you are correct, it is absolutely possible. And I don't even want to talk about this. I will start to delude myself after I'm vaccinated. I will have done my part to stop the spread and protect lives if I remain uninfected up to that point... after which, I will be moving on.

Fully vaccinated people are less likely to contract the coronavirus than unvaccinated people. If they don’t get an infection, they can’t transmit the virus to others.

Comment

Nope. There is no evidence that you can’t spread it, which is different than there is evidence that you can.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Data from 102 subjects shows 98% of them developed significant presence of antibodies; survey's editor says participants most likely won't spread the disease further

If everybody gets vaccinated, then spread isn’t really an issue. Although I thought the point of vaccination was to curb spread. The idea is that if you do get infected after vaccination, the viral load should be so small that it dramatically decreases your risk of spreading or shedding it because your antibodies will be all over it before it’s able to significantly reproduce in your body.

And hopefully the immunity lasts.

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Data from 102 subjects shows 98% of them developed significant presence of antibodies; survey's editor says participants most likely won't spread the disease further

If everybody gets vaccinated, then spread isn’t really an issue. Although I thought the point of vaccination was to curb spread. The idea is that if you do get infected after vaccination, the viral load should be so small that it dramatically decreases your risk of spreading or shedding it because your antibodies will be all over it before it’s able to significantly reproduce in your body.

And hopefully the immunity lasts.

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...for-years/amp/
                      Thanks for the links.

Comment

• I would argue that the side effects from getting the vaccine are worse than the symptoms alot of people have had when infected. How many people have had it and don't even know they did?

Several of my wife's coworkers got the vaccine and had really bad reactions on the 2nd dose. Many of the people I know have had hardly any symptoms at all while testing positive. Not all have been minor, but the vast majority have.

The Pfizer shot seems to be worse than the Moderna one.

Comment

• Johnson & Johnson is close to having their single-dose vaccine ready to go. But it's efficacy (72% in the US) isn't nearly as good as the two-dose Pfizer and Moderna versions (90% or greater).

According to a press release, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is 66 percent effective overall in preventing moderate to severe COVID-19 infection 28 days after vaccination. While the shot was shown to be 72 percent effective in the US, this efficacy rate dropped to 57 percent in South Africa, where 95 percent of the cases studied were due to the B.1.351 variant of COVID-19 said to be more transmissible (aka, increasingly contagious). The efficacy rate reported in Latin America was 66 percent.

The efficacy goes up to 85% if you only consider severe infections.

Comment

• My father got the Moderna vaccine 2 days ago. No reaction, no pain. Feels tremendous this morning. He's in his 90s with several health issues (Type 2 diabetic etc) Pretty sure his tremendous feeling is psychological. Still, no adverse physical reaction.

2nd shot on Valentines Day. Will report back.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Johnson & Johnson is close to having their single-dose vaccine ready to go. But it's efficacy (72% in the US) isn't nearly as good as the two-dose Pfizer and Moderna versions (90% or greater).
                              https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...us/ar-BB128Qn1
                              The efficacy goes up to 85% if you only consider severe infections.
                              Herd immunity (75-85% of the people with the vaccine), is the goal, and then older people can have a booster intermittently from their doctor. The older population and younger population with co-morbidities as we know are are in the most danger. I think that even the J&J vaccine would accomplish those goals in the long term.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                                I would argue that the side effects from getting the vaccine are worse than the symptoms alot of people have had when infected. How many people have had it and don't even know they did?

Several of my wife's coworkers got the vaccine and had really bad reactions on the 2nd dose. Many of the people I know have had hardly any symptoms at all while testing positive. Not all have been minor, but the vast majority have.

The Pfizer shot seems to be worse than the Moderna one.
                                Recency/Survivorship Bias.

Be thankful you have early access to a formidable vaccine.

Coronavirus is absolutely infecting people multiple times. I cannot say if it's due to varying strains or asymptomatic infections not stimulating a sufficient immune response. But I have documented cases of folks having a mild go their first time around and then a much more severe go the 2nd. I also have a friend who was infected twice; first go around was tough, 2nd was very mild. This friend also remains without parts of their smell and taste going on 7 months now.

A good way to frame the idea of an unpleasant vaccine is its prevention of a potentially much more unpleasant infection. There's so much we don't know about this insidious, alien scourge.

Comment

Working...
                                X