Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presidential Election: Get out and vote!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

That was demonstrated to have happened. It was caught and corrected, as you stated. The same software was used in doz an of states and hundreds of counties. Shouldn’t we check to see if it occurred there? Shouldn’t we find out how the glitch happened? Is it systematic? Was it operator error? These things need to be determined. Don’t you even bother to read?
    The cause of the issue is known. The special set of circumstances that caused it are unlikely to have occurred anywhere else.

Even if the error hadn’t been caught already it would have been found during the canvassing process.

You see, these elections are pretty important and despite what you seem to think there are many safeguards in place to ensure the final results are accurate.

The Department of State said human error by the clerk in updating software, not related to the counting, was the problem.

Not sure where you read that dozens of states use the same software.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ahhh, so if all the hungry folks in Kenya would just run out and buy a ton of food, all of their problems would be solved! Brilliant!
      I would be interested to hear you expand on the logic of this analogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

The cause of the issue is known. The special set of circumstances that caused it are unlikely to have occurred anywhere else.

Even if the error hadn’t been caught already it would have been found during the canvassing process.

You see, these elections are pretty important and despite what you seem to think there are many safeguards in place to ensure the final results are accurate.

The Department of State said human error by the clerk in updating software, not related to the counting, was the problem.

Not sure where you read that dozens of states use the same software.
        Wikipedia says the Dominion machines are used in over 30 states. They use “Democracy Suite” software.

Per the article, there is no evidence that the issue occurred elsewhere, but they haven’t checked any of the counties for their software upgrade that could have caused the issue. Additionally, while it says it would be “caught”, they don’t state that this auditing was performed anywhere else or in what capacity. Again, it is limited to MI, and no other states in the article. This could be a very straightforward and comprehensive investigation, but that hasn’t been performed, or I hadn’t read about it as of Friday.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Here’s a different issue with Dominion software in Georgia:

Livin the dream

Comment

Wikipedia says the Dominion machines are used in over 30 states. They use “Democracy Suite” software.

Per the article, there is no evidence that the issue occurred elsewhere, but they haven’t checked any of the counties for their software upgrade that could have caused the issue. Additionally, while it says it would be “caught”, they don’t state that this auditing was performed anywhere else or in what capacity. Again, it is limited to MI, and no other states in the article. This could be a very straightforward and comprehensive investigation, but that hasn’t been performed, or I hadn’t read about it as of Friday.
            I think the main takeaway is that vote canvassing is standard procedure before election results are finalized and that it would catch such errors.

Comment

Here’s a different issue with Dominion software in Georgia:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-glitch-434065
              The fact that these things are being identified and corrected is proof that the system is working.

Comment

The fact that these things are being identified and corrected is proof that the system is working.
                We should investigate any voting issues.

They told us these issues are occurring and were fixed.

We shouldn’t investigate to find out if there were any other errors.

There are no issues worth investigating.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I think the main takeaway is that vote canvassing is standard procedure before election results are finalized and that it would catch such errors.
                  I think the main take away is that there is opportunity to take advantage of such issues if one was so inclined.

I don’t know how canvassing would be successful since the reported results are outside the margin of error in so many locations.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

We should investigate any voting issues.

They told us these issues are occurring and were fixed.

We shouldn’t investigate to find out if there were any other errors.

There are no issues worth investigating.
                    If you say so!

Comment

I think the main take away is that there is opportunity to take advantage of such issues if one was so inclined.

I don’t know how canvassing would be successful since the reported results are outside the margin of error in so many locations.
                      Vote canvassing, or verifying election results, occurs regardless of the margin of error.

Comment

You should go back and take a look. It’s pretty clear.
                        If you could show me the link(s) I posted that were out of context or fake, that would help me figure out which ones you are talking about.

Comment

Vote canvassing, or verifying election results, occurs regardless of the margin of error.
                          I think there is a conflation here, since canvassing can mean two things. It can either mean polling of an area prior to an election, or it can mean certifying votes after an election. Based on the way I read the story’s provided, it sounds like they were shocked by the polling numbers, which lead them to check the printouts in MI. The MI canvassing doesn’t occur for two weeks on a state wide basis, so even the new numbers haven’t been certified on a state level.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

I think there is a conflation here, since canvassing can mean two things. It can either mean polling of an area prior to an election, or it can mean certifying votes after an election. Based on the way I read the story’s provided, it sounds like they were shocked by the polling numbers, which lead them to check the printouts in MI. The MI canvassing doesn’t occur for two weeks on a state wide basis, so even the new numbers haven’t been certified on a state level.
                            Correct, I am referring to canvassing in the election certification sense.

The issues were caught and corrected well before the final results were certified and would have been caught and corrected anyways during said certification, or canvassing.

Thus the system of ensure accurate election results is working.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

If you could show me the link(s) I posted that were out of context or fake, that would help me figure out which ones you are talking about.
                              Here’s one I called out just a few weeks ago.

https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...02#post1254902

Care to point out any of your pro-right wing articles?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Correct, I am referring to canvassing in the election certification sense.

The issues were caught and corrected well before the final results were certified and would have been caught and corrected anyways during said certification, or canvassing.

Thus the system of ensure accurate election results is working.
                                Again, I am referring to the articles in context. It sounds like THEY are relying on pre-election polling as “canvassing”. I could be misreading them, but...why don’t we just look into it?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X