NBA embraces China and CCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

This is an oversimplification. It is not an 'all or nothing' proposition. Most of these hot button issues are not as much as black and white but more shades of gray. Not only that, you are conflating politics and money here. The NBA made a financial decision, whether you agree with it or not. But at the end of the day, the league owners, first and foremost, are business people, not politicians. They wouldn't do this if they did not see an opportunity to make money.

This is what allows the puppet masters to divide us. I could use your statement and substitute 'Remington Arms' for instance. This is how the real world works. You would forcefully argue with me for making the same statement and substituting a gun manufacturer, but at the end of the day, the net is still the same. Business is guided by money, profit and perceived opportunity.
    Probably. Most of the owners likely agree with you and don't really care about America, and will do whatever benefits them, but they obviously do care about what China can do for them financially. The players IN GENERAL seem to not like America. I'm sure there are exceptions to this but in general, this is a true statement.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

This is an oversimplification. It is not an 'all or nothing' proposition. Most of these hot button issues are not as much as black and white but more shades of gray. Not only that, you are conflating politics and money here. The NBA made a financial decision, whether you agree with it or not. But at the end of the day, the league owners, first and foremost, are business people, not politicians. They wouldn't do this if they did not see an opportunity to make money.

This is what allows the puppet masters to divide us. I could use your statement and substitute 'Remington Arms' for instance. This is how the real world works. You would forcefully argue with me for making the same statement and substituting a gun manufacturer, but at the end of the day, the net is still the same. Business is guided by money, profit and perceived opportunity.
      Wha...? Grey?

Over-extending again, eh?

Comment

China continuing to move forward to end freedom and democracy in Hong Kong. People, including newspaper leader arrested, slogans, songs, and books banned in Hong Kong.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...-laws/12544476

Comment

Eleven U.S. leaders sanctioned by China.

BEIJING (AP) — China on Monday announced unspecified sanctions against 11 U.S. politicians and heads of organizations promoting democratic causes, including Senators Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, who have already been singled out by Beijing.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/media...ntl/index.html

A billionaire in Hong Kong willing to be arrested instead of fleeing to the United States or Great Britain because he is committed to democracy and freedom. The NBA is just committed to MONEY.

Comment

Working...
            X