NBA embraces China and CCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

I think its a bromance......seems like our president buys a LOT of their stuff.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-goods-2020-7
    Apparently not as much of a bromance as the Biden's with China...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hun...na-connections

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Meow Ming.....

Solid!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

China runs a hybrid system this world has never seen before. On one hand it is extremely Capitalistic, on the other hand it is extremely Communistic. They separate business and social issues with a fine toothed comb. They learned very well from the USSR... you can't go full Commie. They are essentially harnessing our secret sauce with an iron fist right behind it. Only a very disciplined and humble society could flourish under that kind of rule and the Chinese people are perfect. Replace the Chinese with Americans and you'd have a Civil War in 2 weeks.
        There is nothing new in China. They no longer have a Communist system where the people live in Communes. You have described 1930’s and 40’s German fascism. Fascism is where business thrives but the “totalitarian government” owns the means of production. The government allows and controls the business side of their society in a fascist government. The Germans also had Jewish slave labor to uphold their economy just as the Chinese has the Uighurs (Chinese Muslims) to take the place of the Jews in Germany. The Germans didn’t kill the Jews in the gas chambers until the “Final Solutuin” was initiated toward the end of WW2.

i doubt that China will immediately become a military rival although they are flexing their Naval muscles in the Eastern Hemisphere. Their goals are economic and they want to overtake the U.S. in technology business. The sad thing is that Apple and other U.S. tech companies are feeding into their goals.
        Last edited by Shockm; July 21, 2020, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There is nothing new in China. They no longer have a Communist system where the people live in Communes. You have described 1930’s and 40’s German fascism. Fascism is where business thrives but the “totalitarian government” owns the means of production. The government allows and controls the business side of their society in a fascist government. The Germans also had Jewish slave labor to uphold their economy just as the Chinese has the Uighurs (Chinese Muslims) to take the place of the Jews in Germany. The Germans didn’t kill the Jews in the gas chambers until the “Final Solutuin” was initiated toward the end of WW2.

i doubt that China will immediately become a military rival although they are flexing their Naval muscles in the Eastern Hemisphere. Their goals are economic and they want to overtake the U.S. in technology business. The sad thing is that Apple and other U.S. tech companies are feeding into their goals.
          https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...na-anyway.html

Kind of an old article

Comment

Fascism is marked by a strong dictator who leads a Capitalist economy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...n-rule-n851531

As the article points out, when Xi Jinping came to power, leaders (Xi included) only were elected by the CCP power brokers only were allowed two terms as the President. Since he came to power though, Xi has been given total power for his entire lifetime. He has no rivals. He makes all decisions (although a coup by the CCP could occur if the military backs them). If Xi wants to take a business away from the business leader, he has absolute power. Apple, The NBA, and numerous other U.S. businesses could be pirated away.

I doubt that Biden puts any fear into Xi and Hunter Biden did serve on the board of a Chinese company for a long time, lining his pockets with cash.

Comment

Now here's some interesting news.......
              HFD called out to the Chinese consulate.....
              https://abc13.com/fire-chinese-consu...sions/6328284/

"It appears to be open burning in a container within the courtyard of the Chinese consulate facility. It does not appear to be an unconfined fire but we have not been allowed access. We are standing by and monitoring," said Chief Sam Pena.

The Chinese Consulate was reportedly told to close the building by this Friday.

Houston police said in a tweet that officers responded to "a meet the firefighter" call at the Chinese Consulate building at 3417 Montrose Blvd. The tweet said that smoke was observed in an outdoor courtyard area, and that officers were not allowed to enter the building.

More on the consulate closure.....
              https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/polit...hnk/index.html

If you're familiar to Houston, the consular office is at Montrose and Westheimer (well, just south).

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with the NBA.....or the cat formerly known as Meow MIng.

Comment

Those bas***** hate us like the Snowflakes hate their President. Of course they're claiming Americans started the fire, and, unsurprisingly, must pay!

The communist devils want biden in the white house so those unfair trade balances can be restored back to pre-2016 levels. That old plagiarizing fart even had the gall to say our President is the one who rolled over for the chinese. Other than msnbc and cnn watchers who is buying that? Even liberal rags of note called that type of rhetoric from the 'ol perv dangerous. Biden has been pro-beijing for decades, with proof.

When's the first debate? It'll be awesome to watch them debate the President's "muslim ban." hahahahahaha
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 22, 2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

New news from China/NBA basketball youth academies reports of abuse

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lack-schooling

The ESPN investigation, which began after Morey's tweet, sheds new light on the lucrative NBA-China relationship and the costs of doing business with a government that suppresses free expression and is accused of cultural genocide. It illustrates the challenges of operating in a society with markedly different approaches to issues such as discipline, education and security. The reporting is based on interviews with several former NBA employees with direct knowledge of the league's activities in China, particularly the player-development program.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/espn-investigation-finds-coaches-nba-china-academies-complained/story?id=72061300

"Our job is not to take a position on every single human rights violation, and I'm not an expert in every human rights situation or violation," Tatum said. "I'll tell you what the NBA stands for: The values of the NBA are about respect, are about inclusion, are about diversity. That is what we stand for."

Nury Turkel, a Uighur American activist who has been heavily involved in lobbying the U.S. government on Uighur rights, told ESPN before the NBA said it had left Xinjiang that he believed the league had been indirectly legitimizing "crimes against humanity."

One former league employee who worked in China wondered how the NBA, which has been so progressive on issues around Black Lives Matter and moved the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina, over a law requiring transgender people to use bathrooms corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates, could operate a training camp amid a Chinese government crackdown that also targeted NBA employees.

"You can't have it both ways," the former employee said. "... You can't be over here in February promoting Black History Month and be over in China, where they're in reeducation camps and all the people that you're partnering with are hitting kids."

The repression in Xinjiang is aimed primarily at Uighurs, but foreigners also have been harassed. One American coach said he was stopped by police three times in 10 months. Once, he was taken to a station and held for more than two hours because he didn't have his passport at the time. Because of the security restrictions, foreigners were told they were not allowed to rent housing in Xinjiang; most lived at local hotels.

Tatum said the league wasn't aware any of its employees had been detained or harassed in Xinjiang.

Most of the players who trained at the NBA's Xinjiang academy were Uighurs, but it was unclear to league employees who spoke with ESPN if any were impacted by the government crackdown.

After returning from Xinjiang last fall, Corbin Loubert, a strength coach who joined the NBA after stints at the IMG Academy in Florida and The Citadel, posted a CNN story on Twitter describing how the network's reporters faced surveillance and intimidation in Xinjiang.

"I spent the past year living in Xinjiang, and can confirm every word of this piece is true," Loubert tweeted. "One of the biggest challenges was not only the discrimination and harassment I faced," he added, "but turning a blind eye to the discrimination and harassment that the Uyghur people around me faced.
                  Last edited by Shockm; July 30, 2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Still no word from King Lebron (or any star players or coaches), one of the richest NBA players and US citizens ever regarding the lack of human rights in basketball regarding the NBA or outside of it in China. He seems to be more worried about money than people in Hong Kong or China.

Comment

Isn't the "wish" on the Lakers uniform a kind of Chinese Amazon, except that it's mostly thieves and stolen merchandise? (I made that last part up....kind of)

In other news Freddy absolutely killed it tonight. 13-11-5 in helping lead the Raptors over the Lakers. Freddy pretty much doesn't come out of the game in money time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Isn't the "wish" on the Lakers uniform a kind of Chinese Amazon, except that it's mostly thieves and stolen merchandise? (I made that last part up....kind of)

In other news Freddy absolutely killed it tonight. 13-11-5 in helping lead the Raptors over the Lakers. Freddy pretty much doesn't come out of the game in money time.
                        That'd be the only reason I'd even think about watching the NBA.

Comment

I hear you on that, but I'm just not going to further and promote more cancel culture. And while I might not be thrilled to hear some of the things said, I've said this previously and will I repeat....No matter what Fred says, he's been out there DOING things to make a difference since day one. Way before it was popular and anyone paid attention, he's was making a difference. That kind of man DESERVES to be listened to and given all the forum he wants and commands. He's doing and making a difference, and THAT MATTERS.

I will watch Fred and Landry because of their time here and the way the represented themselves and WSU and because doing so brings me enjoyment. I don't think that has to be in step with what I believe to be right and wrong socially or politically. I suppose everyone has to make that decision for themselves.

Comment

I don’t think the NBA should be canceled. If there is still a market for their services, they deserve to capitalize on it.

I, however, don’t need to spend my hard earned money and time off to hear about what a horrible, evil, place America is.
                            The Assman

Comment

The NBA as a league and players overall do seem to hate America and in general people who like America and thinks it stands for something. Foreign players probably think that this is how it's always been.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                The NBA as a league and players overall do seem to hate America and in general people who like America and thinks it stands for something. Foreign players probably think that this is how it's always been.
                                This is an oversimplification. It is not an 'all or nothing' proposition. Most of these hot button issues are not as much as black and white but more shades of gray. Not only that, you are conflating politics and money here. The NBA made a financial decision, whether you agree with it or not. But at the end of the day, the league owners, first and foremost, are business people, not politicians. They wouldn't do this if they did not see an opportunity to make money.

This is what allows the puppet masters to divide us. I could use your statement and substitute 'Remington Arms' for instance. This is how the real world works. You would forcefully argue with me for making the same statement and substituting a gun manufacturer, but at the end of the day, the net is still the same. Business is guided by money, profit and perceived opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X