Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Awokening and the Second American Revolution

https://quillette.com/2020/06/22/tow...l-nationalism/

I recommend reading the article to put context into the following chart.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He sure downplays the experimentation, history and evolution of Democratic government that the United States began with our forefathers. The words in the Constitution says that we were striving for a more perfect union. While American democracy in 1775 was in its infancy, the ideal to combine many ethnic groups, religions, and people who disagreed on so many things into a union that welcomed everyone was and still is unique. One will not find ethnic Mexicans, Africans, Christians, or Muslims in Communist China. One will not find Japanese, or Indians in Denmark, Poland, or Russia. The American experiment welcomed all groups, and with citizenship welcomed them into the system with equal rights of speech, rights to vote and elect leaders, the ability to equally compete in commerce, etc.

The left welcomes and appreciates none of that and would subjecate our people to the will of Communist China. If they have their way, democratic government and the will of the people will give way once again to tyrannical government and power of fewer people which is what occurred for thousands of years before America.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Haven’t read the article yet, but love quillette!
      Livin the dream

Comment

In Utah yesterday, a crowd of people were illegally protesting by blocking traffic. They surrounded an SUV and started banging on it. As the vehicle honked and inches forward, one of the insurrectionists fires two shots into the vehicle from point blank range. The vehicle drove off and hit a couple of the guerrilla warriors.

Lots of folks saying it was okay to shoot him because he was attacking with his car. They have no idea of the laws of this country.

Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          In Utah yesterday, a crowd of people were illegally protesting by blocking traffic. They surrounded an SUV and started banging on it. As the vehicle honked and inches forward, one of the insurrectionists fires two shots into the vehicle from point blank range. The vehicle drove off and hit a couple of the guerrilla warriors.

Lots of folks saying it was okay to shoot him because he was attacking with his car. They have no idea of the laws of this country.

https://twitter.com/niasdiad/status/...048700416?s=21
          Driver was hit. Story with full video. Surprised the police wouldn’t have a presence.

A citywide manhunt took place in Provo on Monday night after a shooting left one person in the hospital. KUTV. Provo police told 2News the shooting is possibly connected to a protest taking place around the same time. UPDATE (June 30, 8:19 p. m. ) — Police are questioning a person of interest who may be connected to the shooting. They were taken into custody in Salt Lake City, and Provo Police are reviewing information to determine whether they are a suspect, said Sgt. Nisha King.

Comment

I do believe we are in a civil war at this point. There just isn’t any national military participating.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Who in their right mind would want to be a police officer?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                I do believe we are in a civil war at this point. There just isn’t any national military participating yet.
                FIFY

Comment

Insurrection in Portland has continued nightly for a month now. They tried to set a police station on fire with police in it last week. They tried to light the courthouse on fire last night and attacked police with commercial grade fireworks. Multiple vehicles with armed citizens drove into the protest areas with covered license plates and resupplied the guerillas with water, and fireworks.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

In May, the courthouse had no graffiti.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Unbelievable!! Can this kind of street behavior really be what most Americans want???? Mayors and Governors who permit this kind of behavior are heading us into a civil war.

I truly wonder what our left leaning friends here (and I do mean friends) think of this type of behavior continuing to be allowed. It will only fester and embolden them to worse actions.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Unbelievable!! Can this kind of street behavior really be what most Americans want???? Mayors and Governors who permit this kind of behavior are heading us into a civil war.

I truly wonder what our left leaning friends here (and I do mean friends) think of this type of behavior continuing to be allowed. It will only fester and embolden them to worse actions.
                        Doesn't matter... #Resist at all costs.

They're flouting democracy in our faces, and probably don't even know it. They are little devils playing with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Doesn't matter... #Resist at all costs.

They're flouting democracy in our faces, and probably don't even know it. They are little devils playing with fire.
                          It does matter! I would like them to explain their position on this.

Comment

One side has the vast majority of the per capita knowledge and ability to build infrastructure, homes, and other buildings. Also has the guns, and the current and ex-military folks. The knowledge of how to operate a system of trade. And so on and so forth. The nuts and bolts of the fabric of a civilized society and economy.

The other side has very, very little of the former within its ranks, and generally a lot of folks with limited educations or relatively useless educations. Highly limited jobs skills as it relates SHTF scenarios. The ability to make chi lattes, quote Marx or Engels, or develop impressionist art just ain't going to cut it very far when the rubber hits the road.

So if the progressives want a revolution, I'm not sure if they realize what they are asking for. At some point the right is going to decide it is done with being the whipping boy of culture and media, and things very well might get going.

Comment

That damage looks worse than it really is, but is still ridiculous that it is allowed to happen. Pressure washer, sand blaster, and a big scrapper will take care of 95% of that.

Isn't there a happy medium between the police becoming our paramilitary overlords (which it feels a bit like now at times), and full-on anarchy by a bunch of useless nincompoops? Gotta think there's some middle ground here for the masses.

Comment

Working...
                              X