Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your political stripes?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are your political stripes?

    Now we all know there is no such thing as a cookie-cutter Repub, Dem, Lib, Conservative, Moderate, Socialist, Communist, Marxist, Anarchist, Libertarian, Independent, etc. Our political profiles are like fingerprints. We are the sum of our many experiential parts.

    Let's play a game shall we?

    Someone put together a questionnaire that covers all the hot-button political stances and let's all reply to it and see where we stand.

    And don't be afraid to reveal your true colors... we're all gonna die from Covid-19 in the end anyways. ;)

    Something like this?

    2nd Ammendment: For, against, don't care
    Abortion: For, against, don't care
    National healthcare: For, against, don't care
    Abolishing electorate system: For, against, don't care

    etc., etc., etc.


    T


    ...

  • #2
    I have one question that I use to determine if I will mostly agree or mostly disagree with another:

    Do you prefer equality of opportunity, or equity in outcome?

    Everything else is just dinner conversation.
    Livin the dream

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I have one question that I use to determine if I will mostly agree or mostly disagree with another:

      Do you prefer equality of opportunity, or equity in outcome?

      Everything else is just dinner conversation.
      Oh that's harsh questioning. You need more foreplay. It's also loaded you passive-aggressive SOB! ;)

      Build the questionnaire. Lay bare your soul and confess the sins to your brother.


      T


      ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

        Oh that's harsh questioning. You need more foreplay. It's also loaded you passive-aggressive SOB! ;)

        Build the questionnaire. Lay bare your soul and confess the sins to your brother.


        T


        ...
        I don’t lead with it you fool.
        Livin the dream

        Comment


        • #5
          2nd Ammendment: For
          Abortion: mostly against
          National healthcare: against
          Abolishing electorate system: AGAINST
          prefer equality of opportunity

          Comment


          • #6
            2nd Ammendment: FOR
            Abortion: AGAINST
            National healthcare: AGAINST
            Abolishing electorate system: BIG EFFING AGAINST
            Equality of opportunity over outcome.
            American flag in front yard (Wu flag under it)

            Comment


            • #7
              2nd Amendment: Kill bad guys
              Abortion: Kill babies
              National healthcare: Kill old people
              Abolishing electorate system: Kill rural and suburban America
              Auf geht's Shockers, Shieß on tooor!
              Sheiß on tOOOOr ...
              Sheiß on toooOOOOoooor!

              Comment


              • #8
                2nd amendment: for
                abortion: against (with nuance)
                national healthcare: anti-single payer.
                abolishing electoral college: against
                Livin the dream

                Comment


                • #9
                  2nd Amendment: Own 13 firearms and over 10,000 rounds of ammo that I will admit to in public (several others stashed throughout the country in the event of confiscation attempts)
                  Abortion: Against (with exceptions)
                  National healthcare: Against national anything unless it is national defense (including the border wall) or foreign policy
                  Abolishing electorate system: Over my dead body
                  Equality of opportunity. Outcome should be based on individual.
                  American flag in front yard (Trump flag under it)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                    2nd Amendment: Own 13 firearms and over 10,000 rounds of ammo that I will admit to in public (several others stashed throughout the country in the event of confiscation attempts)
                    With all the recent unrest, I’ve found that my metal detector was a wise investment. I just keep digging up ammo everywhere I go!
                    Livin the dream

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      2nd Amendment: For
                      Abortion: Against
                      National healthcare: Against
                      Abolishing electorate system: Against (If there is a mass exodus from the cities to rural areas and states, it may not matter)
                      Equality of opportunity

                      I'll add another one:

                      Where do you stand on public education?

                      I will say that I think states and localities should strive for a strong public education system with minimal to no directives or interference from Washington.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        2nd Amendment: For
                        Abortion: Against
                        National healthcare: Against
                        Abolishing electorate system: Against (If there is a mass exodus from the cities to rural areas and states, it may not matter)
                        Equality of opportunity

                        I'll add another one:

                        Where do you stand on public education?

                        I will say that I think states and localities should strive for a strong public education system with minimal to no directives or interference from Washington.
                        Public school systems is a tough one for me. I’m pro school vouchers. Beyond that, I see good in local and federal control. For instance, A federal mandate that you attend school until age X seems like a good thing.
                        Livin the dream

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wufan View Post

                          Public school systems is a tough one for me. I’m pro school vouchers. Beyond that, I see good in local and federal control. For instance, A federal mandate that you attend school until age X seems like a good thing.
                          That would fit into my idea of minimal federal directives.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wufan View Post

                            Public school systems is a tough one for me. I’m pro school vouchers. Beyond that, I see good in local and federal control. For instance, A federal mandate that you attend school until age X seems like a good thing.
                            The school system, public/private/both, for me is a key to a better future. Way too many kids getting "passed" through the system, some lack family support, some just drop out. That all needs to get corrected. In today's world, I believe a minimum of a full 12 years. I wouldn't even mind federal support for 2 years of Tech or 2 years of core studies. No free ride beyond that unless you go into the military after high school.

                            The problem in all this is how to enforce "mandatory" schooling.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              2nd amendment: for
                              abortion: against with a very few exceptions
                              National healthcare: against
                              Abolishing e!ectorate system: against
                              Equality of opportunity
                              Support public education with control at the local (district) level. I am very much against the federal mandates that are impossible to meet over time, teaching to tests that is therefore forced on our teachers, and I absolutely against the state supreme court overreach in determining how much should be spent on education in the state.
                              Go Shocks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X