Cancel Culture Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The churches already do much more than people realize and would do a lot more if government got out of their way and stopped preventing them from helping. The government would much rather the people rely on them than churches or other local organizations. If they didn't, they'd get the hell out of the way
    Like this? Only one small example of faith based agencies who want to help kids but because of their beliefs, they are hassled. 79's right. Churches don't do very much.

"State Tries to Close Catholic Adoption Agency Because It Wants to Place Kids With a Mother and Father"

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/08/22/...er-and-father/

Comment

The churches already do much more than people realize and would do a lot more if government got out of their way and stopped preventing them from helping. The government would much rather the people rely on them than churches or other local organizations. If they didn't, they'd get the hell out of the way
      The big disaster is over-taxation by the government. Over-taxation reduces the tithes and offerings that pour into a church, substantially reducing the ability of the church to make the impact they otherwise could. And with churches being far more efficient than government agencies, that's a tragedy.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; August 11, 2021, 09:22 AM.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The big disaster is over-taxation of the government. Over-taxation reduces the tithes and offerings that pour into a church, substantially reducing the ability of the church to make the impact they otherwise could. And with churches being far more efficient than government agencies, that's a tragedy.
        Don't get me started on taxation.... If government got out of everything it has no business being involved with, taxes would be much lower and a lot more good would come from it. People would have much more money to take care of themselves and donate for others. I give to charity every year, and would definitely give more if I had most of those tax dollars that are taken from me.

People will be taken care of without government. We see that with the massive donations that are made all of the time outside of government. The American people are pretty damn generous as a whole.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Don't get me started on taxation.... If government got out of everything it has no business being involved with, taxes would be much lower and a lot more good would come from it. People would have much more money to take care of themselves and donate for others. I give to charity every year, and would definitely give more if I had most of those tax dollars that are taken from me.

People will be taken care of without government. We see that with the massive donations that are made all of the time outside of government. The American people are pretty damn generous as a whole.
          The homeless are growing in Wichita (and everywhere), and not because of the lack of governmental assistance. I know of a couple of full time street ministers who are funded by others (they aren't paid a lot), and help street people full-time. There are food pantries funded by a couple of churches (in poor and high drug usage areas), and who have several full-time bi-vocational Missionaries in the church, plus many others from the same home church who help with food, and staffing the pantry. This local church isn't close to the home church of these people, and money/time is being given on a regular basis to fund these ministries. That same church (well not the church but members of the church) has opened up a thrift store where they take donated items that people aren't using anymore, and give them away. This ministry is funded and staffed by church members too.

I'm sure that this church isn't an anomaly, and this is only a small part of the ministries (including money given to others) that come from that one church in the city of Wichita. At least, I know that my money and time when donated to these ministries isn't being wasted like it is with the federal and state governments.

Comment

When disaster strikes anywhere near Louisiana, the Red Cross and US Govt can be counted on to screw things up. People in shelters being brought multiple HUGE pots of hot Jambalaya and Pastalaya that gets thrown out so Red Cross can serve 3 chicken nuggets and a roll.

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO THE RED CROSS. I have more stories about their waste and fake help.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not wealthy by U.S. standards, but I give 15-20% of my income, besides my taxes. I’m guessing you give a lot less. You probably see a homeless man on the street begging, and give him a $20.00 bill to make yourself fell better?
              Ii don't give them anything. I could use some of that rich money myself. If I had some extra money, I'd give to some of those that are always waiting at the entrance/exit to Walmart stores.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Ii don't give them anything. I could use some of that rich money myself. If I had some extra money, I'd give to some of those that are always waiting at the entrance/exit to Walmart stores.
                Why won’t the government do something about this!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

I’ve never been involved in a violent offense. I want back pay!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• The horror... burn him at the stake.

"After Morris' booth mate Matt Shepard asked, "Now what do you do with Shohei Ohtani?" as Ohtani was coming up to bat, Morris replied, "Be very, very careful" in what sounded like a mockery of a Japanese accent. Shepard didn't respond but it didn't take long for Morris to apologize."

Detroit Tigers Broadcaster Jack Morris Suspended Indefinitely After Racist Joke About Shohei Ohtani (msn.com)
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        The horror... burn him at the stake.

"After Morris' booth mate Matt Shepard asked, "Now what do you do with Shohei Ohtani?" as Ohtani was coming up to bat, Morris replied, "Be very, very careful" in what sounded like a mockery of a Japanese accent. Shepard didn't respond but it didn't take long for Morris to apologize."

Detroit Tigers Broadcaster Jack Morris Suspended Indefinitely After Racist Joke About Shohei Ohtani (msn.com)
                        Thank you Ohtani...

"“I’m not offended and I didn’t take anything personally,” Ohtani said through his interpreter on Wednesday night, via TMZ Sports."

Shohei Ohtani Reacts To Detroit Tigers Announcer’s Comment (msn.com)
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Thank you Ohtani...

"“I’m not offended and I didn’t take anything personally,” Ohtani said through his interpreter on Wednesday night, via TMZ Sports."

Shohei Ohtani Reacts To Detroit Tigers Announcer’s Comment (msn.com)
                          Yes! Thank you Sir.

The Karens really have some bees in their bonnets lately. Maybe it's Murder Babylon Bees, I don't know.

Karens are also outraged at Mo Brooks for "inciting and defending" the Capitol Bomber today. Pinning something on him that he literally did not say. But apparently because he didn't say **** Trump, Go Biden! he will be cancelled (or attempted cancelling) for his not zealous enough condemnation. It would be funny, if it weren't so seemingly coordinated and widespread.

Also, look for a media-wide effort to gin up support for the Biden withdrawal. On task with talking points like "growing support" "more Americans supporting" and so forth, with positive comparisons to other withdrawals over time included.

Comment

• UCLA Professor cancelled for treating ALL students the same. He was asked to give black students an easier test after the George Floyd incident. He is now suing the university for suspending him. He asked what he should have done with mixed race kids. Do they get half credit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              UCLA Professor cancelled for treating ALL students the same. He was asked to give black students an easier test after the George Floyd incident. He is now suing the university for suspending him. He asked what he should have done with mixed race kids. Do they get half credit?

https://local21news.com/news/nation-...udents-equally
                              It seems to me that the only thing this woke culture is accomplishing is to devalue the worth of a college degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                UCLA Professor cancelled for treating ALL students the same. He was asked to give black students an easier test after the George Floyd incident. He is now suing the university for suspending him. He asked what he should have done with mixed race kids. Do they get half credit?

https://local21news.com/news/nation-...udents-equally
                                Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

It seems to me that the only thing this woke culture is accomplishing is to devalue the worth of a college degree.
                                Would seem to me that who ever was asking him to dummy down the test for blacks are the real racists.

Comment

Working...
                                X