No announcement yet.

Cancel Culture Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The price is high because cost doesn't matter. Students can get loans for whatever amount they need. Universities can charge whatever they want and know they will be at full enrollment. Until kids start deciding to not to go to the $200k college and taking on loans to do it, thus dropping enrollment, tuition won't fall.

My issue is that you never hear of big university in terms of big oil, or big whatever villianous entity screwing people over. But they are gouging moreso than any industry we have in terms of what they provide economically to students.

Because that is a leftist industry.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Why has college become so much more expensive? It can't just be administrative costs (although they certainly count).
      Because anyone can get a student loan, the cost is not important. Instead, attracting kids to your school is how revenue is generated. Sports franchises, luxury dorms, food courts, beautiful buildings and grounds; activities and facilities built to inspire the kids with awe. Pump up the attraction, bill the new amount and being in the customers.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Government guaranteeing loans is the big reason. Schools know they're getting their money with no real risk.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The government is highly responsible, the school is highly responsible. But I still say that the consumer isn't blameless in this. I've been through this with my kids not too long ago, and we visited about it.

I gave some money to the college cause, but required something from them. We talked about the cost they would incur, and we talked about paying it back. It didn't enter any of our minds that they wouldn't pay it off. The President, some Senators, some members of the House, want to give money away, and universities, and consumers are willing to "take it".

By the way, the kids paid back their college loans.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Was making minimum wage while working my way through WSU in the late 60's, early 70's. Started a part-time job at a grocery store in 1966 at the MW of $1.40 per hour. I was up to $2.10 an hour in 1971. Before my senior year at WSU I applied for a part-time bookkeeping job with Holiday Inns of Wichita. Had to take a pay cut to the MW of $2.00 per hour. I heard they had 200 applications for that job (accounting students looking for experience - intern programs generally didn't exist in Wichita in those days).

Graduated December 1972 and a started in public accounting at a whopping $800 per month. Based on a 40 hour work week that would be about $4.80 per hour. Although, work weeks were generally well above 40 hours per week on average. Then my real education started.
            Our experiences are very similar. I was just a couple of years behind you. Graduated in 73 with a BA in History and then in 76 with a BS in accounting. Started with a CPA firm @ $850 per month. Not sure how I swung it, but I got $3.50 and hour job in collage. I worked for the city park department then Steffens Dairy in the accounting department.

Married in summer 72. My wife finished in the spring of 73 and me in Dec.

Comment

• I looked for the proper place for this story, and this looked like the best place. But why would a professional team and business seek to divide and cancel the views of so many Americans that their own players would refuse to abide by the teams wishes because of the players personal beliefs.

Several players on the Tampa Bay Rays did not wear LGBTQ logos on their uniforms for the team’s Pride Night celebration during Saturday’s game against the Chicago White Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                I looked for the proper place for this story, and this looked like the best place. But why would a professional team and business seek to divide and cancel the views of so many Americans that their own players would refuse to abide by the teams wishes because of the players personal beliefs.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/06/06...t-reports-say/
                You must pledge allegiance.
                #notfascist
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• NFL Coach Causes a Mass Triggering After January 6th, BLM Comments

NFL coach Jack Del Rio, who is currently the defensive coordinator for the Washington Commanders, has found himself in hot water following some comments he made at a recent news conference.

When pressed on the matter at his press conference, Del Rio doubled down, going so far as to call January 6th a “dust-up,” downplaying its significance in relation to the BLM riots.

You can expect a full-scale attempt to get Del Rio fired for what he said, and a quick Google search will show that’s already partially underway. The left-wing sports sites (i.e. pretty much all of them outside of Outkick) and sportswriters are fuming.

Comment

• Good for him. Everyone with a brain should be asking themselves this very question. Why aren't we looking in to the summer BLM and antifa riots and looting with as much vigor as the Jan. 6th dustup? It's an honest question but if you raise it you are likely labeled a racist and a bigot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Good for him. Everyone with a brain should be asking themselves this very question. Why aren't we looking in to the summer BLM and antifa riots and looting with as much vigor as the Jan. 6th dustup? It's an honest question but if you raise it you are likely labeled a racist and a bigot.
                      If Trump said to peacefully protest at the capital on Jan 6, and he was impeached for an insurrection, does that mean that the current White House is responsible for the assassination attempt on SCOTUS since they told their constituents to peacefully protest at the Justices house?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If Trump said to peacefully protest at the capital on Jan 6, and he was impeached for an insurrection, does that mean that the current White House is responsible for the assassination attempt on SCOTUS since they told their constituents to peacefully protest at the Justices house?
                        Not quite. Only if he was successful would it belong in the same category. Well, according to Mother Jones.

The assassination of a justice would be a threat to American democracy every bit as severe as the January 6 insurrection.
                        It’s not yet clear how close the suspect came to murdering Kavanaugh. I certainly don’t know what policy changes could prevent such a horrific event from occurring in the future or how to balance those measures against Americans’ First and Second Amendment rights.

But I do know this: We apparently just came unacceptably, terrifyingly close to catastrophe. The assassination of a Supreme Court justice would be a personal and national tragedy. But it would be more than that. It would be a threat to American democracy every bit as severe as the January 6 insurrection and Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Not quite. Only if he was successful would it belong in the same category. Well, according to Mother Jones.
                          thanks for sharing that!

So I guess what they are saying is that if the Capitol police would have killed this person, then it would be an equal number of deaths and an equal act of terrorism, therefore making the White House guilty of insurrection.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• 220607110022-burger-king-pride-whopper-full-169.jpgBurger King's Pride Whoppers Come With Two Tops or Two Bottoms (yahoo.com)

Are you a 2 tops or 2 bottoms??????
                            Last edited by ShockTalk; June 9, 2022, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Good for him. Everyone with a brain should be asking themselves this very question. Why aren't we looking in to the summer BLM and antifa riots and looting with as much vigor as the Jan. 6th dustup? It's an honest question but if you raise it you are likely labeled a racist and a bigot.
                              The national media is largely left of center, period. Its not just when they editorialize but also the way they control the content of the news which is a more insidious process. Even late night talk shows which are supposed to be entertaining are more or less liberal Democrats holding hands and being cute..
                              Last edited by N Crestway; June 10, 2022, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• LMAO!! Personally I don't think you can identify a bun as either top or bottom, because there are an infinite number of variations all between the top and bottom spectrum.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X