Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I got my truth social app going this morning. Anyone else on?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• No idea what that is
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• The Walt Disney Company is taking a huge financial hit in its woke war against Florida’s parents and Governor Ron DeSantis. The House of Mouse has lost $63 billion dollars in market capitalization since March.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              The Walt Disney Company is taking a huge financial hit in its woke war against Florida’s parents and Governor Ron DeSantis. The House of Mouse has lost $63 billion dollars in market capitalization since March.
              That is less about DESANTIS, and more about the moron they have for a CEO In Bob Chapek. Since becoming the CEO he has made one bad decision after another, the Desantis thing is just a sympton.

Most Disney fans are hoping they fire him when his contract is up in February. Unfortunately Bob Iger had already said he has no desire to come back and be CEO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That is less about DESANTIS, and more about the moron they have for a CEO In Bob Chapek. Since becoming the CEO he has made one bad decision after another, the Desantis thing is just a sympton.

Most Disney fans are hoping they fire him when his contract is up in February. Unfortunately Bob Iger had already said he has no desire to come back and be CEO.
                Sounds like Biden.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• student debt

Comment

Oh Pocahontas...

Comment

Worked and paid my way through Wichita State 50 years ago. Of course, that should be in inflation adjusted dollars. Where do I sign up.

Comment

• Now they want to change the name of George Washington University. Anyone else find it ironic that this opinion was run in the WASHINGTON post? You seriously cannot make this sh!t up. Unbelievable.

The renaming of our student center falls short in addressing the main issues of systemic racism and inequality still present on campus.

These problems are rooted in systemic racism, institutional inequality and white supremacy. There are at least four ways the university could achieve progress: Decolonized university curriculum, increased Black enrollment, the renaming of the university and the selection of an African American President.

Comment

• Fort Bragg, the home of the 82nd Airborne division, the 18th Airborne corp., and Special Forces, to be renamed Fort Liberty because Bragg was a North Carolinian who fought for the Confederacy. Have no love for the name itself but it has been there for 100 years and hundreds of thousands of veterans have probably served there so there is some intrinsic value in keeping the name, but Fort Liberty? My God who dreamed this one up, a second rate ad agency?

Matthew Ridgeway was one of the best officers this country has ever produced. In WWII he commanded both the 82nd and the18th Airborne corp. In Korea he was placed in overall command of UN forces following the winter debacle of 1950-51 and succeeded in retaking Seoul and pushing north of the 38th parallel which probably led directly to peace talks. You would think he would be a natural for the new name but apparently not.
                          Last edited by N Crestway; May 27, 2022, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Worked and paid my way through Wichita State 50 years ago. Of course, that should be in inflation adjusted dollars. Where do I sign up.
                            I'm familiar with the tuition around 60 years ago, which doubled from roughly $5 to $10. The minimum wage at the time was $1.15 per hour, but many could get double or the minimum by working on the line at Boeing. The cost today is $228.09, with $81.55 in required fees for all students. An engineering student would also pay $53.43 per credit hour in additional fees, for a total of $364 per credit hour. Nowadays it is fairly easily for to earn double the minimum wage, and I wouldn't be surprised if engineering interns could get up to triple that rate or $22.5 per hour.

It took the early 1960s student 52 hours of work to pay for a full semester of college. It takes the modern engineering student 194 hours of work to do the same. I blame most of the difference on administration costs.

Comment

• Was making minimum wage while working my way through WSU in the late 60's, early 70's. Started a part-time job at a grocery store in 1966 at the MW of $1.40 per hour. I was up to $2.10 an hour in 1971. Before my senior year at WSU I applied for a part-time bookkeeping job with Holiday Inns of Wichita. Had to take a pay cut to the MW of $2.00 per hour. I heard they had 200 applications for that job (accounting students looking for experience - intern programs generally didn't exist in Wichita in those days).

Graduated December 1972 and a started in public accounting at a whopping $800 per month. Based on a 40 hour work week that would be about $4.80 per hour. Although, work weeks were generally well above 40 hours per week on average. Then my real education started.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

I blame most of the difference on administration costs.
                                Why has college become so much more expensive? It can't just be administrative costs (although they certainly count).

Comment

Working...
                                X