No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats politicized it from the get go. There was no chance at unity. Dem governors praised Trump early on, then all of the sudden that changed. Wonder why? Because they knew they could use the crisis politically. And the word was sent out. It's in their playbook.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Seriously, in an election year with a president despised by the democrats.... sure, the Dems were gonna unify with Trump. Uh huh.

No chance in Hades. Trump was gonna be wrong no matter what. Everyone knows it. It was like the Iraq war death count all over again.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Democrats politicized it from the get go. There was no chance at unity. Dem governors praised Trump early on, then all of the sudden that changed. Wonder why? Because they knew they could use the crisis politically. And the word was sent out. It's in their playbook.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Seriously, in an election year with a president despised by the democrats.... sure, the Dems were gonna unify with Trump. Uh huh.

No chance in Hades. Trump was gonna be wrong no matter what. Everyone knows it. It was like the Iraq war death count all over again.
      ShockerPrez's Recipe of Delusion: 2 cups of revisionist history, 3 heaping tablespoons of turning a blind eye, a dash of conspiracy theory, and a pinch of bullshit.

So here's one way it could go: Trump follows the experts and keeps his mouth shut. Checkmate! There's no way to make it political. They can attack the doctors, but if they attacked Trump, it would not resonate amongst the public because they would know he didn't create the virus. He would just remind everybody to wear their masks and follow the advice of the experts - reassuring everyone we will get through this together and be stronger than ever.

Wait... LMFAO! I can't even type that out without cracking up. That never would have happened because we're talking about Donald Trump.

He was still blowing about ventilators 3 months after they were literally deemed nonessential - if not a death sentence. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to encapsulate the way he stomped all over his own dick on a daily basis.

Then his coup de grĂ¢ce was to tell everybody that he has superior genetics and Covid is no big deal. He does this while thousands of Americans are dying at the same time with little of the medical technological he utilized to save his fat ass.

Jesus Christ...

Comment

• I remember when Trump contracted the virus and every MSM network was wondering who was next in line to take power. Breaking news all over the tv on a Friday night. Wall to wall coverage. I mean ABC was cutting into Desperate Housewives!!!!111 And then 2 days later, the 72 year old was at his desk at the hospital making calls and taking names like nothing happened.

Funny, funny ****.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

ShockerPrez's Recipe of Delusion: 2 cups of revisionist history, 3 heaping tablespoons of turning a blind eye, a dash of conspiracy theory, and a pinch of bullshit.

So here's one way it could go: Trump follows the experts and keeps his mouth shut. Checkmate! There's no way to make it political. They can attack the doctors, but if they attacked Trump, it would not resonate amongst the public because they would know he didn't create the virus. He would just remind everybody to wear their masks and follow the advice of the experts - reassuring everyone we will get through this together and be stronger than ever.

Wait... LMFAO! I can't even type that out without cracking up. That never would have happened because we're talking about Donald Trump.

He was still blowing about ventilators 3 months after they were literally deemed nonessential - if not a death sentence. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to encapsulate the way he stomped all over his own dick on a daily basis.

Then his coup de grĂ¢ce was to tell everybody that he has superior genetics and Covid is no big deal. He does this while thousands of Americans are dying at the same time with little of the medical technological he utilized to save his fat ass.

Jesus Christ...
          Come to Chinatown.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• You are funny, Cold. I will give you that. Talk about delusion. Thinking there was any chance in hell that media or Dems were going to let this thing go without making political hay out if it is absurd.

Regardless of anything Trump did. That thought is in the downtown precinct insanity ward of Trollsville, which is where you reside if you believe it.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2020/11/24/if-i-g...OcgQ-7XO1hT-Qk

I know the nurse from Hutch.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                She is a leftist and a mask Nazi. Even she won't say that most of her patients refused to wear masks.

Comment

Clearly the majority of Americans believe there is such a thing as SARS-CoV-2.
                  Implying that people don't think it's real, when you know full well that they accept it as being real, is a form of lying.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Implying that people don't think it's real, when you know full well that they accept it as being real, is a form of lying.

Nuance my friend, nuance...

If your child is fully aware that drinking while driving kills, yet still goes out and gets pissed every weekend, driving half the time over the centerline, would you say he believes the danger of drunk driving to be real?

If your best friend claims to be an avowed Christian yet cheats on his wife, abuses his children, and steals from his customers, do you think he really believes God/Hell to be real?

If you're the president of the United States and you are told by every medical expert in the world (outside the cranks) that this is a novel, highly infectious, difficult-to-treat respiratory virus, with practically unknown long-term consequences, and many people will die; yet you make fun of masks, host massive pointless rallies, and then walk out of the hospital days after your oxygen levels started dropping - WHILE receiving the finest level of care on planet earth - proclaiming that this virus is "nothing to be afraid of", do you think he believes Covid to be real?

It's one of the oldest follies on record. Giving something lip service without truly internalizing the reality of what you claim to acknowledge.

P.S. I'm being kind when I say that folks don't believe it's real. I could take them for their word. For example, when you say we should just "open 'er up and go for herd", I could say that your statement is the ramblings of a sociopath. Instead, I take the less confrontational path and just say you don't think this virus is real.

P.P.S. I know my comments are annoying. That's how I roll. But there's always brilliant logic/wisdom imbedded inside. Like a Cracker Jack box filled with dog **** and a truly worthy prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      I remember when Trump contracted the virus and every MSM network was wondering who was next in line to take power. Breaking news all over the tv on a Friday night. Wall to wall coverage. I mean ABC was cutting into Desperate Housewives!!!!111 And then 2 days later, the 72 year old was at his desk at the hospital making calls and taking names like nothing happened.

Funny, funny ****.
                      Really funny.

I absolutely was one of those that had hoped Covid would take him within an inch of his life.

Probably would have saved his presidency too.

Oh well... he got what he deserved. (Not the easy bout of Covid part).
                      Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; November 26, 2020, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

She is a leftist and a mask Nazi. Even she won't say that most of her patients refused to wear masks.
                        Imagine a reality where we're in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic that has swallowed up the world and closed down normal life as we know it, and there's actually people who use the term Mask-Nazi, when it's the best and most widely available tool we have to fight said pandemic.

Meditate on the abject-absurdity of that scenario until you just start to get stomach cramps. Then you'll know my world.

P.S. Covid is real.

Comment

Imagine a reality where we're in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic that has swallowed up the world and closed down normal life as we know it, and there's actually people who use the term Mask-Nazi, when it's the best and most widely available tool we have to fight said pandemic.

Meditate on the abject-absurdity of that scenario until you just start to get stomach cramps. Then you'll know my world.

P.S. Covid is real.
                          Stayed on the sideline for most of this conversation, but felt a point needs to be made:

1. I work from home. Not due to COVID-19.
                          2. My wife works from home. Because of COVID-19.
                          3. We leave the house as few times as possible.
                          4. One of my kids has elected not to participate in sports this year due to COVID-19.
                          5. We wear masks, sanitize with our own wipes while out and sanitize when we get home (shoes and socks included).
                          6. We are spending Thanksgiving with just our nuclear family (wife and kids)
                          7. We will be doing the same for Christmas.
                          8. I believe everyone should be doing this.
                          9. I also believe the government does not have the right to make people do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Stayed on the sideline for most of this conversation, but felt a point needs to be made:

1. I work from home. Not due to COVID-19.
                            2. My wife works from home. Because of COVID-19.
                            3. We leave the house as few times as possible.
                            4. One of my kids has elected not to participate in sports this year due to COVID-19.
                            5. We wear masks, sanitize with our own wipes while out and sanitize when we get home (shoes and socks included).
                            6. We are spending Thanksgiving with just our nuclear family (wife and kids)
                            7. We will be doing the same for Christmas.
                            8. I believe everyone should be doing this.
                            9. I also believe the government does not have the right to make people do it.
                            Impressive sterile field you're attempting to build there my friend!

If you'll allow me to make a minor suggestion regarding your routine in hopes of lightening your load while possibly increasing your effectiveness: Just take the shoes off outside the house from now until the rest of your life. No need to disinfect your socks. If you knew what was on the bottom of your shoes, you wouldn't need much convincing. Plus you won't have to clean your carpets or wood floors as much either!

I agree that the government should not make people do all you do. It is your life at home and you are allowed to do just about anything outside of breaking the established law.

BUT... conscientious people have the right to go out in public to buy their wares without fear of suffering from another person's lack of consideration. This is why we have traffic laws, DUI laws, etc. etc. I submit to you that an asymptomatic Covid infected, is much more dangerous out in public than a person driving drunk. That one individual can create super-spreader events that lead to dozens of unnecessary deaths and life-altering long-term issues. If a mask mandate is all that is required to level the playing field between the responsible folk and those that kneel at the alter of the orange god... then so be it!

And the rest of the modern world pretty much agrees with me.

Mask mandates work! So do DUI laws.

And thanks for being a good citizen!

Comment

Impressive sterile field you're attempting to build there my friend!

If you'll allow me to make a minor suggestion regarding your routine in hopes of lightening your load while possibly increasing your effectiveness: Just take the shoes off outside the house from now until the rest of your life. No need to disinfect your socks. If you knew what was on the bottom of your shoes, you wouldn't need much convincing. Plus you won't have to clean your carpets or wood floors as much either!

I agree that the government should not make people do all you do. It is your life at home and you are allowed to do just about anything outside of breaking the established law.

BUT... conscientious people have the right to go out in public to buy their wares without fear of suffering from another person's lack of consideration. This is why we have traffic laws, DUI laws, etc. etc. I submit to you that an asymptomatic Covid infected, is much more dangerous out in public than a person driving drunk. That one individual can create super-spreader events that lead to dozens of unnecessary deaths and life-altering long-term issues. If a mask mandate is all that is required to level the playing field between the responsible folk and those that kneel at the alter of the orange god... then so be it!

And the rest of the modern world pretty much agrees with me.

Mask mandates work! So do DUI laws.

And thanks for being a good citizen!
                              Great advice!! Thank you!! Now, if only I could figure out a way to get them on and off without touching them...

Well, since the rest of the world has this thing kicked due to the mask mandates, and my wife and I are remote, please tell me which country has 0 infections the past month so we can quarantine and travel there till this alien virus has passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Great advice!! Thank you!! Now, if only I could figure out a way to get them on and off without touching them...

Well, since the rest of the world has this thing kicked due to the mask mandates, and my wife and I are remote, please tell me which country has 0 infections the past month so we can quarantine and travel there till this alien virus has passed.
                                Just have a pump bottle of sanitizer near your "shoe station" and take a little pump every time you have to touch your shoes. Even better is to wear shoes that slip on. There are plenty of fashionable choices for men (and of course women). :)

Germany had it almost down to zero for 4 months.

Japan, Australia, S. Korea, Taiwan, China, etc. etc. have the levels so low you'll feel quite safe. You will have to tolerate some hard lockdowns from time to time though as flare-ups occur.

Practically no country on earth will feel as "infected" as the United States.

As far as the U.S. is concerned, you'll feel safest in the blue states at this point in time - as much as it pains me to say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X