No announcement yet.

More issues in Portland this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rolling Stone article is interesting. They attack Andy Ngo as an antagonist that is trolling Antifa. I know very little about Andy Ngo, but I did see a video with my own eyes where he (by himself) was being attacked by a mob of hundreds of Antifa on the streets on Portland who were beating on him, later, sending him to the hospital for treatment. LOL He was definitely provoking their physical assaults/batteries as he was retreating and trying to get away from the mob of hundreds and their fists. They definitely have their own storm troopers who are enforcers just like Germany of the 1930's (watch some of the old films on those brown shirts and their violent ways) and but now they add the technology assault (and lies) to their methods of enforcing their rules.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Lol I can't tell you how many times that line has been repeated in the MSM in the last 24 hours. "Witnesses say protesters were swept off the streets by unidentified men and placed into unmarked cars and driven away without an explanation".

Oooooooooooooo scary. RACIST STORMTROPPERS!
      That did “mostly” happen in at least one case per video evidence. Two guys in full military fatigues arrested a suspect without incident and took him away in an unmarked minivan. This was confirmed by the federal gov to be federal police. They used the unmarked vehicle as marked police vehicles get instantly attacked when they enter the area.

The arrested individual was questioned and released on the same day.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        The Rolling Stone article is interesting. They attack Andy Ngo as an antagonist that is trolling Antifa. I know very little about Andy Ngo, but I did see a video with my own eyes where he (by himself) was being attacked by a mob of hundreds of Antifa on the streets on Portland who were beating on him, later, sending him to the hospital for treatment. LOL He was definitely provoking their physical assaults/batteries as he was retreating and trying to get away from the mob of hundreds and their fists. They definitely have their own storm troopers who are enforcers just like Germany of the 1930's (watch some of the old films on those brown shirts and their violent ways) and but now they add the technology assault (and lies) to their methods of enforcing their rules.
        He’s not a troll. He reports news from the events by retweeting the police, and videos from Antifa and other on scene journalists. He issues corrections, and has minimal commentary. He also writes op-eds about Antifa. That’s it. He doesn’t troll accounts. They hate him because he doesn’t report THEIR narrative.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Andy Ngo is gay, which is the reason Rolling Stone is going after him. They are homophobic and racist, as he is also of Asian origin. Rolling Stone should be cancelled by every American that is against homophobia and racism.

This is how this works now, right?
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

While I am happy you read the article, I would suggest you are parsing:
            "In 2017, Ngo attended an interfaith student panel and tweeted a paraphrase of a Muslim student’s comments about how non-Muslims would be treated in an Islamic state. After he posted the tweet, which used inflammatory language out of context, Ngo was fired from the campus newspaper, the Portland State Vanguard. At the time, the editor-in-chief of the Vanguard said the firing was not motivated by partisanship, and that Ngo was removed from his post because the tweet was a “half-truth” that “incited a reaction and implicated the student panelist,” thus putting them in imminent jeopardy."

How in the world do you get fired from the campus newspaper?

Or this, nothing like shaking people down for free stuff via go fund me, I bet it beats the heck out of working for a living......
            "Ngo garnered tremendous sympathy from both sides of the political aisle, even raising $195,000 from a GoFundMe set up following the altercation. GOP leader Kevin McCarthy swiftly condemned the anti-fascist protesters, saying, “The hate and violence perpetrated by Antifa must be condemned in the strongest possible way by all Americans. I pray for full and speedy recovery for journalist Andy Ngo,”"

If I were Kevin McCarthy and I was wanting to fix the world, I think I would start with the president......no wait, he can't do that, he'd lose his job. NOBODY in the Republican party is allowed to criticize Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

If I were Kevin McCarthy and I was wanting to fix the world, I think I would start with the president......no wait, he can't do that, he'd lose his job. NOBODY in the Republican party is allowed to criticize Trump.
              God forbid we have people that never criticize Trump. I mean, our quota for Trump criticism may not get met without his words.

Why does he have to criticize Trump? Democrats never criticize their own. When do the Democrats criticize AOC? Pelosi? Shumer? Schiff? Obama? Clinton? Are those people perfect? They must be because they are never criticized by the Democrats or the media.

Trump is not the problem. He is not the solution. Looking to the government for any solution is our first problem 99% of the time.

Even with his faults, if I were starting anything, I would much prefer to have Trump than any of those leeches, mooches, and public sector whores. Why is Trump any worse than the democrats? All they do is spend our money buying votes and paying off donors. But at least he didn't become a millionaire as a "Public Servant" like the rest of those phonies.

But as a separate question, do you really believe that the Democrats want what's best for you? I don't know what you do, but if you had a business that you spent 14 hours a day, and years working your ass off to make it something, earning yourself millions of dollars and making yourself a wealthy individual and proud of what you have created through all of that work and sacrifice. What would Trump say about you vs what those democrats I mentioned would say about you? Would Trump or the democrats validate your hard work and make you feel good?

Even if Trump didn't mean a word about what he said when he told you how great your were, wouldn't you rather hear that as opposed to what AOC would think about you? (Hint: She wouldn't like you and not only that would sow seeds of hatred and resentment to her constituents against you in order to earn favor and votes). I guess Trump is the problem. He loves America and even if he doesn't want the best for all Americans, at least he lies about saying he does. Or lies about how great things are, even if they aren't. All I hear from Democrats is how this country is garbage and everyone is racist, etc. So inspiring. No wonder all of her supporters are pissed off all the time. But that's how they want it.

I would stop worrying about Trump all the time. He's a buffoon, but come on.... Who in Washington isn't a buffoon?

Obama was a buffoon too. The only difference is that he was a commie buffoon, and you don't criticize or make fun of Stalin, Mao, etc.
              Last edited by ShockerPrez; July 20, 2020, 04:29 PM.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

'while this has not been confirmed...' I'd be more inclined to believe Bill Clinton, on any subject, than I would a rolling stone reporter, much less an -ahem- "intelligence source". Neither has credibility anymore. Where's the link from cnn? Oh, wait...

Our President just happens to be the most anti-left President of all time, and he is fighting a war against an entity that has infected all of our cultural and political institutions. This problem started before Trump became President (blm anyone?); he is just a reaction to it. His actions pale in comparison to the enemy he is fighting, and the fact is he threatens the leftists monopoly on fake news. That drives the Snowflakes crazy, being treated the way they treat others.

In other words, even to Ray Charles, anyone can see it's obvious that the same people that said Trump will destroy America are the same people burning it to the ground today. That includes elected officials in congress who are sanctioning the burning and looting
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; July 20, 2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

"In 2017, Ngo attended an interfaith student panel and tweeted a paraphrase of a Muslim student’s comments about how non-Muslims would be treated in an Islamic state. After he posted the tweet, which used inflammatory language out of context, Ngo was fired from the campus newspaper, the Portland State Vanguard. At the time, the editor-in-chief of the Vanguard said the firing was not motivated by partisanship, and that Ngo was removed from his post because the tweet was a “half-truth” that “incited a reaction and implicated the student panelist,” thus putting them in imminent jeopardy."

Or this, nothing like shaking people down for free stuff via go fund me, I bet it beats the heck out of working for a living......
                  "Ngo garnered tremendous sympathy from both sides of the political aisle, even raising $195,000 from a GoFundMe set up following the altercation. GOP leader Kevin McCarthy swiftly condemned the anti-fascist protesters, saying, “The hate and violence perpetrated by Antifa must be condemned in the strongest possible way by all Americans. I pray for full and speedy recovery for journalist Andy Ngo,”"

You ignored most of what I wrote. Let me try again.

I don’t know much about NGO and what he believes and I wasn’t stating an opinion on his thoughts/opinions The incident that I SAW with MY OWN EYES showed NGO being physically attacked and harmed. He was individually being struck on the head by bats or other such objects as canes, etc. as as he was trying to get away. He was bleeding from the head and HE wasn’t a threat to the HUNDREDS of Antifa that attacked him. What he wrote in other events were separate but I’m sure you are correct and he wrote threatening things about Antifa mobs.

i also didn’t mention Trump but I’m sure you will find a way to bring him into the Antifa Mob discussion.

Comment

ANTIFA is nothing but a bunch of pu**ies. They are big and tough in their thuggish mobs but lay them out individually, they flame out like little girls that live in their mommy’s basement. I’ve seen numerous videos. One guy tried to bust out a car window. The occupant of the vehicle, who happened to be black, stormed out the door and laid the individual to the ground while shouting STOP. The ANTIFA individual screamed and yelled I’m sorry as his friends scattered. The car owner got back into his vehicle. After that happened, the ANTIFA once again formed into their group of 6 or 8 and started yelling junk again. 100% PUSSIFICATION. Can dish it out 8 v 1 but not 1 v 1.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

God forbid we have people that never criticize Trump. I mean, our quota for Trump criticism may not get met without his words.

Why does he have to criticize Trump? Democrats never criticize their own. When do the Democrats criticize AOC? Pelosi? Shumer? Schiff? Obama? Clinton? Are those people perfect? They must be because they are never criticized by the Democrats or the media.

Trump is not the problem. He is not the solution. Looking to the government for any solution is our first problem 99% of the time.

Even with his faults, if I were starting anything, I would much prefer to have Trump than any of those leeches, mooches, and public sector whores. Why is Trump any worse than the democrats? All they do is spend our money buying votes and paying off donors. But at least he didn't become a millionaire as a "Public Servant" like the rest of those phonies.

But as a separate question, do you really believe that the Democrats want what's best for you? I don't know what you do, but if you had a business that you spent 14 hours and years working your ass off to make it something, earning yourself millions of dollars and making yourself a wealthy individual and proud of what you have created through all of that work and sacrifice. What would Trump say about you vs what those democrats I mentioned would say about you? Would Trump or the democrats validate your hard work and make you feel good?

Even if Trump didn't mean a word about what he said when he told you how great your were, wouldn't you rather hear that as opposed to what AOC would think about you? (Hint: She wouldn't like you and not only that would sow seeds of hatred and resentment to her constituents against you in order to earn favor and votes). I guess Trump is the problem. He loves America and even if he doesn't want the best for all Americans, at least he lies about saying he does. Or lies about how great things are, even if they aren't. All I hear from Democrats is how this country is garbage and everyone is racist, etc. So inspiring. No wonder all of her supporters are pissed off all the time. But that's how they want it.

I would stop worrying about Trump all the time. He's a buffoon, but come on.... Who in Washington isn't a buffoon?

Obama was a buffoon too. The only difference is that he was a commie buffoon, and you don't criticize or make fun of Stalin, Mao, etc.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

But as a separate question, do you really believe that the Democrats want what's best for you? I don't know what you do, but if you had a business that you spent 14 hours and years working your ass off to make it something, earning yourself millions of dollars and making yourself a wealthy individual and proud of what you have created through all of that work and sacrifice. What would Trump say about you vs what those democrats I mentioned would say about you? Would Trump or the democrats validate your hard work and make you feel good?

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Here’s the editors take on the incident:

Here’s Andy’s:

Simply by tweeting video of a Muslim student characterizing his religion on an interfaith panel, I lost my job as an editor at my student newspaper.

I’d suggest you give them a read for full context.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

But as a separate question, do you really believe that the Democrats want what's best for you? I don't know what you do, but if you had a business that you spent 14 hours a day, and years working your ass off to make it something, earning yourself millions of dollars and making yourself a wealthy individual and proud of what you have created through all of that work and sacrifice. What would Trump say about you vs what those democrats I mentioned would say about you? Would Trump or the democrats validate your hard work and make you feel good?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              OK, so I took your advice and read both articles. I think what was communicated to Breitbard and what they ran with was what got this young man in trouble. I think he communicated in an abbreviated manner and it seems as if Breitbart took it out of context. In addition, I think there was a supposition (rightly or wrongly) that he had communicated directly with Breitbart, and it is obvious that the editor thinks Breitbart's journalistic standards are lacking.(Wikipedia says "
                              Its journalists are widely considered to be ideologically driven, and some of its content has been called misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by liberals and many traditional conservatives alike.[11] The site has published a number of conspiracy theories,[12][13] and intentionally misleading stories.[14][15]) .
                              His manager said it wasn't political, I believe her. She's holding him to some pretty strict journalistic standards, and the insinuation here was there was an exaggeration or misstatement that occurred. Reading what he said, I tend to believe her. Seems like if you lay down with the dogs, you might get up with the fleas.

Not only that, she probably caught all kinds of flack in Portland regards this situation, so perhaps she had a bunch of angry students telling her that they would not read the newspaper again (is this like the great WSU Chick-fil-A controversy?), and I just validated that - students are 51% registered dem and outnumber republicans 2 to 1. Portland is a funny city - lots of blue collar people (not unlike Houston) so you not only have the longshoremen and logging folks (who are blue-collar and I would suspect conservative) AND you have the latte sipping crowd as well. Left-wing and right-wing extremists. And they are constantly at each other's throats.

So last point.....his employment was probably 'at will' (I see Oregon is an 'at will' state), so he could be fired for wearing army boots, pissing of the boss, farting in public (name your excuse), as he was being paid for the work he was doing, and I would bet the employee handbook has a section on social media do's and don'ts.

That is a hard lesson for a young man to learn, but it would seem like he made up for it through his online mooching, meaning he ended up in a better place than he would have been had this not happened to him.

Not only that, he now has people like you, who are devoted fans and will follow him. Seems like he turned a **** sandwitch into a steak. I like it when that happens.

Comment

OK, so I took your advice and read both articles. I think what was communicated to Breitbard and what they ran with was what got this young man in trouble. I think he communicated in an abbreviated manner and it seems as if Breitbart took it out of context. In addition, I think there was a supposition (rightly or wrongly) that he had communicated directly with Breitbart, and it is obvious that the editor thinks Breitbart's journalistic standards are lacking.(Wikipedia says "
                                Its journalists are widely considered to be ideologically driven, and some of its content has been called misogynistic, xenophobic, and racist by liberals and many traditional conservatives alike.[11] The site has published a number of conspiracy theories,[12][13] and intentionally misleading stories.[14][15]) .
                                His manager said it wasn't political, I believe her. She's holding him to some pretty strict journalistic standards, and the insinuation here was there was an exaggeration or misstatement that occurred. Reading what he said, I tend to believe her. Seems like if you lay down with the dogs, you might get up with the fleas.

Not only that, she probably caught all kinds of flack in Portland regards this situation, so perhaps she had a bunch of angry students telling her that they would not read the newspaper again (is this like the great WSU Chick-fil-A controversy?), and I just validated that - students are 51% registered dem and outnumber republicans 2 to 1. Portland is a funny city - lots of blue collar people (not unlike Houston) so you not only have the longshoremen and logging folks (who are blue-collar and I would suspect conservative) AND you have the latte sipping crowd as well. Left-wing and right-wing extremists. And they are constantly at each other's throats.

So last point.....his employment was probably 'at will' (I see Oregon is an 'at will' state), so he could be fired for wearing army boots, pissing of the boss, farting in public (name your excuse), as he was being paid for the work he was doing, and I would bet the employee handbook has a section on social media do's and don'ts.

That is a hard lesson for a young man to learn, but it would seem like he made up for it through his online mooching, meaning he ended up in a better place than he would have been had this not happened to him.

Not only that, he now has people like you, who are devoted fans and will follow him. Seems like he turned a **** sandwitch into a steak. I like it when that happens.
                                So does any of that make him a troll deserving of getting beaten by the mob or make his stories less credible?

You asked originally, “ how does one get fired for a campus newspaper”, in an act to disparage him, and then followed it up with “they can fire him for farting in public.” Which is it? Impossible or like blowing your nose?

Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X