Gender roles in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

The problem with your idea is that the left will use kids to push their agenda of the day. If they are the only ones doing that, they will be influencing conservatives kid. If all of it was banned, that would be good by me, but I don't see that ever happening because we supposedly have a right to free speech. Or should I say, the left has the right to free speech?
    You have to protect the children! You have to protect them from evil parents whether they be your opponents or you. Do not use children as pawns. Find another way.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Bishop Carroll for non-Catholics is 10k a year. Your point still holds true but wanted to provide another reference point on the cost.
      Collegiate is even more. I wasn’t making the argument that you could afford any school you want, but that the schools are out there and affordable.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Wichita Trinity Academy

Investing in our Future Leaders

Tuition and Fees 2023 – 2024
        Transitional Kindergarten (Half-Day) $ 6,238
        Transitional Kindergarten (Full-Day) $10,397
        Kindergarten $12,351
        Grades 1 - 2 $15,701
        Grades 3 - 5 $15,701
        Grade 6 $15,701
        Grade 7 - 8 $16,947
        Grade 9 - 11 $16,947
        Grade 12 $16,947

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I’m with ShockerPrez on this. Don’t USE your kids as political pawns. Not if you’re on the left or on the right. If you, as an adult, want to make a statement, then YOU as the parent should do so.

If your child wants to make a statement, STOP THEM. They do not have agency or the maturity necessary to appropriately make a political statement, nor do they have the ability to handle the backlash associated with such action.
            I remember hearing about a 7th grade Middle School girl who got into trouble for wearing inappropriate clothing to school (showed too much and against school policy). When her parents were called, they found out that she was wearing parent approved clothing from home (taking other clothing with her) on the bus, and then changing into other inappropriate clothes after she got to school. She knew better but didn't care. Her parents thought they were in control, but they really weren't.

In this case, the parents are obviously backing the student to take the case to courts (I'm not sure if they backed him or not when he wore the shirt to school), and the courts will decide if what this student was wearing was legal or not. From what I saw of the school policy, the school is going to lose. The parents will then have to decide if they still want their child in public schools or not. My guess, is that if their decision is unpopular (which in Mass., I'd think it is), they will not send him back to public school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I remember hearing about a 7th grade Middle School girl who got into trouble for wearing inappropriate clothing to school (showed too much and against school policy). When her parents were called, they found out that she was wearing parent approved clothing from home (taking other clothing with her) on the bus, and then changing into other inappropriate clothes after she got to school. She knew better but didn't care. Her parents thought they were in control, but they really weren't.

In this case, the parents are obviously backing the student to take the case to courts (I'm not sure if they backed him or not when he wore the shirt to school), and the courts will decide if what this student was wearing was legal or not. From what I saw of the school policy, the school is going to lose. The parents will then have to decide if they still want their child in public schools or not. My guess, is that if their decision is unpopular (which in Mass., I'd think it is), they will not send him back to public school.
              If you have no control of your children, that is on you. If you use your child to make a political statement, that is on you as well. It is the result of your choices in either event. I’m honestly a little surprised to see conservatives (I assume) so willing to either push their child into a socio-political battle no child understands, or to assume that a disobedient child is a societal norm out of their control rather than a reflection of poor parenting.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• This is one of the most compelling arguments by a state senator for the right of minors to have access for transgender surgery, that I've heard. Use the first line on the link.

No, it's not on a loop.
                A Friday morning session in the unicameral Nebraska legislature devolved into chaos after one Democratic lawmaker began shouting her support for transgender people.
                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; May 20, 2023, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Bishop Carroll for non-Catholics is 10k a year. Your point still holds true but wanted to provide another reference point on the cost.
                  Here is a Georgia Democrat for school choice. She says that her minority parents want school choice, because her schools are failing. She says this shouldn’t be a politically divisive issue.

https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-democ...111658991.html

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ‘Real Men of Genius' newest commercials…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqnjg...RlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq80RpQsINo/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
                      Last edited by WstateU; May 29, 2023, 11:42 PM.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        Oh my gosh. I am stunned. I don't stun easily.
                        Factoid: I am not a huge fan of rap.

This video was catchy, informative, to the point and seriously has me worried about what could happen to Target Stores. Incredibly well done.

I have to admit, we are (were) Target shoppers. Like exclusively. We hit Target on Friday night, to Dillons for pick up order and head home. This past weekend, I was so turned off by what Target is doing that the wife and I didn't want to look at Target right now, so we went to WalMart. Like for the first time in a long, long, loooooong time. Years it would be.

I don't pretend to know or understand what "trending" is, but this video is, like, on an entirely different level, and seriously has me worried about what could happen to Target Stores.

Comment

• These corporations that have been making money on auto-pilot for years and years are the ones making the dumbest decisions. They haven't had to face important decisions that matter as far as generating a profit because they haven't had to. Coupled with the vocal leftist minority crying about racism, sexism and capitalism scared them into making horrible woke hires, adding DEI departments chasing ESG scores and here you have the results. The boards are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for nothing (diversity hires as well for connected few). It's pretty easy to see, and it won't end either. The people making the decisions to alienate the paying customers won't care. Leftism comes 1st and they aren't interested in profit. Profit is bad, taught to them by their woke university business school. It all goes hand in hand.

Disney has destroyed themselves, Bud Light and Target now.

I find it hilarious.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Lance Gooden @Lancegooden

Target: You must be at least 16 years old to work at our stores. Also Target: Elementary students are old enough to change genders.

Comment

• “What is a Woman”, the documentary by Matt Walsh is available free now until 7 PM tomorrow on Twitter if you can find it. It has been shadow-banned and you can’t share the link. They have also stopped (or paused) adding views and likes.

It is a worthwhile 90 minutes.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                “What is a Woman”, the documentary by Matt Walsh is available free now until 7 PM tomorrow on Twitter if you can find it. It has been shadow-banned and you can’t share the link. They have also stopped (or paused) adding views and likes.

It is a worthwhile 90 minutes.
                                It was banned because it's controversial or because it's a copyrighted production?
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X