• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "May" be?

Comment

• I’m not judgemental.

Comment

• Exploiting, confusing, and emboldening mentally ill folks is not moral, and it's not gonna end well for a whole lot of people.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Exploiting, confusing, and emboldening mentally ill folks is not moral, and it's not gonna end well for a whole lot of people.
          Yes and while the public is at risk from the violent, mentally ill (who have been released from hospitals, prison, and from police custody without bail, after arrests), the police are often the ones on the front lines, trying to protect the public, and liberal Democrat prosecutors, and judges have changed the rules of engagement.

Comment

• It's not just an issue in liberal states. It's an issue here in Wichita too.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
              It's not just an issue in liberal states. It's an issue here in Wichita too.

https://wichitabeacon.org/stories/20...alth-hospital/
              When you’re down 100 cops (1/4th of police numbers who retired after the George Floyd incident), police response times, and solving crimes are higher. But I don’t think that no bail, and release for dangerous criminals is to the level that it is in LA, San Fran, Chicago, NY, Philadelphia, etc.

Laws are enforced at a higher level. On CNN a week ago, the former NY Police Commissioner was being interviewed, and he reported that illegal migrants were stealing in NY, and spending the money in Florida. He was asked by CNN anchor why they didn’t stay in Miami to steal too, and the former PC said that they would go to jail in Florida.

Read this headline.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-an...da-you-go-jail

Comment

• WTF are you talking about. Your post was about the mental health crisis. My point is we don't have enough treatment centers.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                  WTF are you talking about. Your post was about the mental health crisis. My point is we don't have enough treatment centers.
                  Yes it was. But it did mention the criminal justice issues too, including mental hospital closures, prisons, no cash bail, and in some cities, the revolving door of people breaking the law, arrested, immediately being released, etc. The Mentally ill (which numbers have increased since the pandemic), addicted, homeless, illegal immigration, and the criminal element seem to be intertwined. Many criminals are also mentally ill, addicted, and spend time in jail, partially because mental hospitals have closed.

Stores like Walmart, Dillons, etc. and many large businesses, schools, and churches are employing security departments/guards to protect their patrons. This is all happening in Wichita to a certain extent, but the large cities, and blue sanctuary states/cities seem to complicate matters of safety much more. At least, I know that Wichita is attempting to solve our shortage of police, and our County D.A. is reasonable regarding the public protecting themselves.

Comment

• NCAA official hands in resignation letter over 'regressive policies' on transgender athletes

""Although I may not have agreed with the wisdom of every rule in the NCAA rulebook, I believed the intent behind the NCAA’s rules was competitive fairness and protection of equal opportunities for student-athletes. This conviction has changed as I have watched the NCAA double down on regressive policies which discriminate against female student-athletes."

"This policy harms women, denies biological reality, ignores that testosterone suppression does not offset the enormous performance advantage of being born male, and provides cover for NCAA member institutions to violate federal law," Bock wrote.

"I understand the effects of male biology and performance enhancing drugs on sport performance, and I can tell you that the competitive advantage Lance Armstrong obtained through doping pales in comparison to the advantage that Lia Thomas had over female competitors due to retained male advantage," he added, referencing his time with USADA."

NCAA official hands in resignation letter over 'regressive policies' on transgender athletes (msn.com)
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ""Definitely," she said when asked if she feared for her life.

"I've been in situations now where in the case of San Francisco I was physically assaulted, I was held for ransom for four hours by these protesters, I've been spit on, I've had drinks poured on me, glass bottles thrown at me, I've been called the most obscene things you can imagine, I've had drones flying above my house, people showing up to my house, people staking outside my hotel room when they find out where I'm staying, so absolutely."

Riley Gaines 'feared for her life' and was 'really scared' after criticising trans swimmer Lia Thomas (msn.com)
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• wufan?

Comment

• At a time when the NCAA faces backlash for suppressing women’s achievements, NCAA President Charlie Baker made a blockbuster admission buried on page 18 of a recent letter to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee: "The NCAA has never studied the harm of its policy allowing males identifying as women to participate and compete on women’s teams." Not ever.

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) posed the question among a series in follow up to Baker’s appearance at a hearing entitled Name, Image, Likeness and the Future of College Sports:

Sen. Mike Lee: Has the NCAA assessed the physical, emotional, psychological harm of its transgender inclusion policy on female athletes? If so, what are the findings? If not, why not?

Pres. Baker: The NCAA has not conducted any research related to the current transgender policy.
                          That’s a bombshell. The NCAA’s "Transgender Student-Athlete Participation Policy" which sent male Lia Thomas into the women’s locker room and continues to promote males for national titles in women’s sports has never been researched for its (now evident) harm to female athletes.

https://redstate.com/wardclark/2024/...-loud-n2171379

Comment

• Women Athletes Suing NCAA Over Transgender Policy Allowing Men in Women's Sports

The lawsuit, the first federal action of its kind, seeks to change the rules, rendering any biological males ineligible to compete against female athletes. It demands the NCAA revoke all awards given to trans athletes in women’s competitions and “reassign” them to their female contenders. It also asks for “damages for pain and suffering, mental and emotional distress, suffering and anxiety, expense costs and other damages due to defendants’ wrongful conduct.”

The lawsuit also accuses the NCAA of “destroying female safe spaces in women’s locker rooms,” in a violation of the Fourteenth Amendment. It claims the association allows “naked men possessing full male genitalia to disrobe in front of non-consenting college women” and creates “situations in which unwilling female college athletes unwittingly or reluctantly exposed their unclad bodies to males, subjecting women to a loss of their constitutional right to bodily privacy.”

Comment

• Bout time.

Comment

• The NCAA told the ladies to learn how to accept losing.

Hopefully, the NCAA finds that turnabouts is fair play, although at this point the NCAA has quite a bit of experience at losing.

It's too bad that this is what it takes to right something that is so obviously wrong.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 16, 2024, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X