No announcement yet.

Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A former Democratic candidate for Congress has raised new questions about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser Julie Swetnick's credibility by saying she has "psychological" problems.

Dennis Ketterer, a former weatherman for WJLA Channel 7 in Washington, sent a signed statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday claiming that Swetnick had psychological problems and liked to engage in sexual intercourse with more than one male partner at the same time.

Ketterer had a relationship with Swetnick in the early 1990s.
    WHOOPSIE DAISY!!!

Mainstream Media definitely needs to run hard with the new Trump Tax narrative (Spoiler: that one has no legs either). Pivot boys PIVOT!

Kavanaugh Railroad Job has officially run out of tracks.

P.S. Ford's attorney's have been SCREAMING to the media that the FBI won't come and investigate Ford again (wasting time). FBI's response: "We've got enough testimony from Dr. Ford, thanks."

T

...:cool:

Comment

• https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...their-argument

NBC News published an article attempting to show that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh had lied under oath during his testimony Thursday before the Senate Judiciary Committee. However, the original version of the article ignored part of the transcript from Kavanaugh’s hearing that contradicted their allegations of lying.

The network would later edit its initial story to include the missing text. While the dateline for the story noted that it was “Updated Oct.02.2018,” there was no indication regarding what had been updated, nor was there an editor’s note in the story itself indicating a change. And even the updated story ignored a crucial part of Kavanaugh’s testimony that undermined NBC’s claim.
      This is what is commonly called, death throes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...-ties-to-soros

When Sen. Jeff Flake was accosted by two women in an elevator on Capitol Hill, it was seen as one of the most striking moments of last week’s Brett Kavanaugh Supreme Court nomination battle.

In the morning, Flake put out a statement indicating his support for Kavanaugh, but following the elevator incident, he made a dramatic call in the committee room for a one week delay so an FBI investigation could investigate sexual abuse allegations against the nominee.

Flake admitted afterwards that the elevator moment “certainly struck a chord” with him.

Seemingly organic, powerful protests. But in both instances, the women involved came from a nonprofit called Center for Popular Democracy that has received funding from liberal billionaire George Soros, records show.

Ana Maria Archila, who confronted Flake is the group’s co-executive director.

Tracey Corder, who according to reports, confronted McConnell, is the group’s racial justice campaign director.
      Why am I not surprised that Soros was behind the famous "elevator exchange" that caused Flake, to flake. I hope he feels duped. It was an excellent performance though. She sure had me convinced with those crocodile tears. Watch for yourself.

Is everything in Washington just a bunch of bullshit acting?

As eccentric as Trump is, he may be the most truthful individual currently living in Washington, D.C. And that is saying something...

T

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
        ShockingButTrue commented
        Editing a comment
        Without a doubt he is...

Yep, that's why DC is referred to as "Hollywood for ugly people." And when they say ugly they're talking "bone-deep ugly!"

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

Can anyone be bothered with reading things?
      I don’t know, can you read?

Btw, Go look at Kagan - she was lying out her teeth during her confirmation.

Comment

• ShockCrazy
        ShockCrazy commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL that's speculative as hell and still can't come to any conclusions. It even contains a link to an imgur of a building code as a citation(real quality work here), of course that code references that another code that is superseding but is not included, nor does he give any viable reason it would violate the code. The imgur link gives no explanation either. Soooo I'm not going to take it seriously.

Oh so now we are going to with whataboutism? I thought GOP held themselves to a higher standard than the terrible left?

• ShockingButTrue
        Editing a comment
        Who gives a rat's a**? N-O-T-H-I-N-G she claims has been even kinda/sorta verified. In fact the opposite has proven true.

I'll bet you kinda/sorta believe she had one beer.

• FBI trying to get back Trump good graces are saying they may wrap up this investigation by Wednesday.

Meanwhile the women who harrassed flake and McConnel have found to be working for Soros non-profit.

Comment

• Time to raid Avenatti's office.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
          Editing a comment
          Let's do this.

His day is seriously coming.

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/1...their-argument

This is what is commonly called, death throes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...-ties-to-soros

Why am I not surprised that Soros was behind the famous "elevator exchange" that caused Flake, to flake. I hope he feels duped. It was an excellent performance though. She sure had me convinced with those crocodile tears. Watch for yourself.

Is everything in Washington just a bunch of bullshit acting?

As eccentric as Trump is, he may be the most truthful individual currently living in Washington, D.C. And that is saying something...

T

The protestors at the senate search and destroy mission were literally paid by a Soros org prior to the interrogation. Soros’ groups give money to protestors regularly to cover potential legal fees incurred for civil disobedience.

To to be fair, they aren’t recruited, and it isn’t a job...they just want to financially support these actions.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Just finished Walter Mosley’s novel “John Woman”; given what has unfolded this past week regards Kavanaugh it is a must read. Two excerpts to wet your appetite:

Page 110 “…written history is an attempt to re-create so-called actual events according to the political, social or religious convictions of the author

"Conscious conspiracy is the best of it,” John said, his fragmented thoughts knitting together as he spoke. “The travesty is that a great many historians actually believe what they’re saying. Their motives are unconscious and cultural, based on prejudices and wish fulfillment. They create the ideal father as either a saint or an arch-villain; the mother is most often vilified and then relegated to the nursery. But truth . . . truth is in the distance. It might as well be a mirage because we see it, imagine it, but it’s a place we’ll never attain.”

Page 260 Even if you forget that the first rule of law in this United States is innocent until proven guilty. Even if you ignore the fact that you have been given no proof of wrongdoing—still it is unbecoming of you and the perpetrators of this assault to question a fellow traveler who, through no fault of his or her own, is following the same mortal and imperfect path as the rest of us...

Are the allegations true? he asked. “Of course not but the issue is not resolved by this answer. The problem is not innocence or guilt but the poison of suspicion. We, the lifeblood of this institution, have been poisoned by faceless, voiceless charges. This is terrible but not a permanent problem because there is a three-pronged cure: cold logic, bright hope and personal truth."

Comment

• Because yeah, she only had one beer. :stupid:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/10/02/ka...on-witnesses/ : Just end this charade already and proceed with the god**** vote. The snowflakes can run right back to Mueller.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 2, 2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
              Just finished Walter Mosley’s novel “John Woman”; given what has unfolded this past week regards Kavanaugh it is a must read. Two excerpts to wet your appetite:

Page 110 “…written history is an attempt to re-create so-called actual events according to the political, social or religious convictions of the author

"Conscious conspiracy is the best of it,” John said, his fragmented thoughts knitting together as he spoke. “The travesty is that a great many historians actually believe what they’re saying. Their motives are unconscious and cultural, based on prejudices and wish fulfillment. They create the ideal father as either a saint or an arch-villain; the mother is most often vilified and then relegated to the nursery. But truth . . . truth is in the distance. It might as well be a mirage because we see it, imagine it, but it’s a place we’ll never attain.”

Page 260 Even if you forget that the first rule of law in this United States is innocent until proven guilty. Even if you ignore the fact that you have been given no proof of wrongdoing—still it is unbecoming of you and the perpetrators of this assault to question a fellow traveler who, through no fault of his or her own, is following the same mortal and imperfect path as the rest of us...

Are the allegations true? he asked. “Of course not but the issue is not resolved by this answer. The problem is not innocence or guilt but the poison of suspicion. We, the lifeblood of this institution, have been poisoned by faceless, voiceless charges. This is terrible but not a permanent problem because there is a three-pronged cure: cold logic, bright hope and personal truth."
              Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell is a must read for anyone that believes that there side has all the answers. It very clearly demonstrates the lengths that must be gone to in order to create a “utopian” society.

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me.”
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Now THIS is interesting! https://www.yahoo.com/news/sinister-...202425923.html

Really makes you raise your eyebrows.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                  RoyalShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If that guy is credible and his report accurate, it is troubling and a legitimate reason - in my opinion - to not confirm Kavanaugh.

• SHOXJOCK
                  SHOXJOCK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Mr Kavanaugh was then a cocky 30 year-old from the affluent WASP suburbs of Northwest Washington, very much the country club boy with a high sense of his status, and Georgetown Prep and Yale Law School behind him, though only with a humdrum Cum Laude. If anybody was going to wind up my hard-scrabble, salt-of-America witness, it was this child of privilege." Seems like #axetogrind In my opinion.

• wufan
                  wufan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From the article:

This paragraph screams as an unverified conspiracy theory:

“Could it be that the witness was distraught and imagined much of this? Possibly. But Mr Knowlton and his lawyer later filed a federal lawsuit against FBI agents he claimed were working for Brett Kavanaugh, alleging witness tampering and a conspiracy to violate his civil rights. This eventually reached the US District Court in Washington DC. The quixotic case was impossible to prove. Yet it was the action of a man who clearly felt wronged. To this day he blames Mr Kavanaugh personally.”

• Low -ahem- information voters get it when some egg-head Senator from N. Jersey has the nerve to stand in front of mic and proclaim this issue facing us now isn't about guilt vs. innocence. It's about "Morality."

The nerve... The ignorance (but even that may be too kind)...

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; October 4, 2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• From CNN this morning. "The FBI, however, is not tasked with drawing conclusions, and only provided the White House with summaries of the interviews they conducted." Yes, this is what the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee kept repeating a week ago. That is why the FBI investigation farce has been just another delay tactic and a complete waste of time! If worthless Flake opens his mouth to say anything other than vote yes to the confirmation he should be smacked. I can't wait until November, hopefully Arizona can go from having zero Senators up until August to finally having two!

Now the Democrat talking point will be the FBI didn't do a thorough enough investigation. Shut up and vote. If any Republican even considers voting no at this point, they are either complete idiots, or RINOs, and should be immediately expelled! I don't care if the election is in 35 days, expel them next week!

Comment

• The FBI investigation happened because Manchin, Collins, and Murkowski needed cover for when they vote yes, and Flake wanted to help out the moderates. But, as I've been saying from the beginning, it doesn't make any sense not to do it. It provides the necessary cover for Collins and Murkowski to vote yes, and there was basically no risk that it was going to upend the whole thing specifically because the FBI was just going to provide summaries of interviews. Sure, loyal democrats are going to (probably rightfully) point out how ridiculous it is that the FBI wasn't allowed to talk to people who were banging the doors down saying "I have information I would like to share." But the talking points are going to be that there was an FBI investigation that did not implicate Kavanaugh. And now, people like 89, are even more sold on the dems=evil story line because it looked like "another delay tactic and a complete waste of time" since the FBI didn't find anything. This was a politically savvy move on the part of Flake and co.

It's just sad this became a referendum on the #metoo movement. We've got a guy that was not any more conservative or any more qualified than anyone else on the list, a guy that McConnell didn't want, a guy that the Nebraska senator didn't want, a guy that was involved in scandalous bits of 43's presidency. And the thing that riles the base and is going to ensure he gets nominated is that he was accused of sexual assault by three different people? That's a pretty disheartening thing.

Comment

• shockfan89_
                      shockfan89_ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, people like me, that can see that this entire thing was a farce to delay a vote from the very beginning. The Democrats even publically stated they would all vote no regardless of who the nominee was. If you can't see that, and can't admit it, then you either aren't very smart, or you aren't being honest.

• By the way, for anyone still thinking it's equally likely that Kavanaugh lied about the terms "boof" and "devil's triangle" as it is that he separately invented terms, used by millions of people, with specific and discrete meanings, his former roommate is saying he definitely remembers Kavanaugh and his friends using those words in the manner the rest of us know them.

Comment

• JD. The scorched earth policy on Supreme Court members has only been used by Democrats(Bork and now Kavanaugh). I can’t wait till the next Dem nominee when the others employ S. E. and go back to 16 years old in their life. My understanding is that the FBI has not gone past 18 years of age (legal adulthood ) in the past. This is a sad day in American Constitutional History.

Comment

Working...
                      X