Justice Kennedy Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I don't even post here anymore and the silliness drew me out.
    I'd be happy to change your name to "American John" if it would help?
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      I’m so anti polygraph. It’s not admissible in court because it is extremely subjective. Police use it as a tool to gain more information, it’s not informative in and of itself. Even if you like polygraphs, when she took it, they asked her, “is the written story the story you gave.” They didn’t even ask her if the written story was the true story.
      They've actually released the polygraph questions? You ARE informed sir!

I think if the questions are sufficiently penetrative and exact, and the test is repetitive and fairly lengthy, I believe you can separate sincerity from performance. It takes a fairly skilled operator to beat a polygraph.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; September 20, 2018, 11:40 AM. Reason: WTF duplicate

Comment

One thing that isn’t awesome is suggesting that, “boys will be boys” or that “she wanted it”. I don’t know that anyone was intentionally implying either of those positions, but “cold will cold”. ;)

I am really trying to judge this based on the facts. The facts are that she doesn’t have a case. I’m willing to reevaluate if new evidence comes to light, but if not, I’m comfortable with case closed. If false, shame on you. If true, it’s a shame this wasn’t brought up three decades ago.
          Ohhhhh????? You cast a suspicious eye towards my theory of reverse sexual harassment/assault? You obviously haven't watched Michael Douglas's movie, Disclosure. THIS STUFF HAPPENS!!!!!!!!

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Ohhhhh????? You cast a suspicious eye towards my theory of reverse sexual harassment/assault? You obviously haven't watched Michael Douglas's movie, Disclosure. THIS STUFF HAPPENS!!!!!!!!

T

Totally agree that it happens. There’s just no reason to assert it in this case, because the facts don’t lead there. The facts lead almost nowhere.
            Livin the dream

Comment

I’m so anti polygraph. It’s not admissible in court because it is extremely subjective. Police use it as a tool to gain more information, it’s not informative in and of itself. Even if you like polygraphs, when she took it, they asked her, “is the written story the story you gave.” They didn’t even ask her if the written story was the true story.
              Professor of clinical psychology passes a polygraph? Shocking!

Comment

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Also in the news, a cop got out of a speeding ticket that his buddy was going to write. Shocking!

• My final thoughts on this and any future nominations. You can't have witch hunts. Be it a conservative or liberal appointment. By witch Hunt, I mean any unverifiable, unprovable allegation from decades past.

At the point in life where a nomination to the Supreme Court is given, you cannot go back to teenager years and delve into a one time allegation that has no evidence of taking place and no witnesses. If any similar allegation is made, you look for a couple of things, is there anyone, first hand to corroborate? Also, is there a pattern of behavior that would back up that this allegation actually took place? If the answer is no, move on.

What the people that are jumping on the disqualify bandwagon fail to realize is that diving head first into an investigation is setting the bar for all future nominations. This is the bar set for the next democratic nomination as well, this is the new precident. We are making politics more ugly. We are no longer looking for the most qualified, we are looking for someone who is bulletproof. And that person doesn't exist.

If this happened one time, I'm sickened by it. I'm sympathetic, I'm sorry for her. At the same time, yes, the candidate gets a "get out of jail free" card. No evidence, no witnesses, no other history of that behavior. Move on. If not, your insistence on a full investigation just set the bar for all future nominations. Those that set the bar in the mud get to mire in that same mud when their guy is appointed.
              Last edited by MoValley John; September 20, 2018, 03:52 PM.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                C0|dB|00ded commented
                Editing a comment
                But what you must understand is, this is game, set, match for the Libbies. You know it, I know it, the American people know it (thx Bob Dole). Kavanaugh tips the Supreme Court towards the conservatives for the foreseeable future. They could literally overturn Roe vs. Wade if they wanted to. With this Supreme Court there's no Obama Care, no nothing. This is desperation time for the Dems and they are literally pulling no punches - precedent, smecedent.

Presidents, Senators, Representatives mean nothing. All the major decisions anymore will come from the Supreme Court.

T

• Intriguing and actually makes a lot of sense: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ase-wide-open/

Comment

• shockfan89_
                shockfan89_ commented
                Editing a comment
                Interesting, the only problem is she named three boys that were supposedly at the party and all three of the boys denied being there? Is it possible she is confusing two separate events? Extremely possible, in fact, that is probably the most likely explanation for all of this.

• Hey, Bill Self groped my mom back in '74. Prove me wrong.

Comment

• I think Cory Booker is a choad, but this tidbit might be an indication the whole #MeToo thing has reached a logical terminus:

When he was in high school, Cory Booker, the New Jersey Democrat and possible White House contender, groped his classmate as they kissed. He reached for her breast, and when she swatted his hand away, he made another attempt.
                A contrast to Brett Kavanaugh's denial, the senator's column in his college newspaper raises questions about what happens when a now-public official long ago admitted to wrongdoing.

So basically the thrust here is that nearly every male alive on this planet that is past puberty is a sexual predator. More-or-less, every wife/GF/partner is a aggrieved victim that needs to be recognized.

The left is FABULOUS at this stuff. Taking an issue that basically the populace as a whole is unified on (#MeToo as it relates to rape, etc), and eventually running it off the edge of a cliff like Indians on a buffalo hunt. They’re left standing by themselves looking around for where the masses in agreement disappeared too, when everyone else is just dead at the bottom of the ravine.
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; September 21, 2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• This **** show has jumped the shark. Look for Kavanaugh to be voted in on Monday.

T

Comment

• Here is probably how it will go down.

Today they are going to ask for another extension. They will keep doing this until there is no more extensions or the Republicanss run out of time.

I think today is the last extension.

If there is a testimony, she is going to describe this terrible thing that happend to her. Everyone will be appalled by these things. She will omit the details needed for someone to defend oneself. Date, exact loaction, ... Kavanaugh will have no specifics that he can defend, besides offering a he said/she said. Nothing will be gained from this.

Probably what happened. Kavanaugh and friends went to said party. Decided this was lame and left to go watch Ferris Bulers Day Off. Meanwhile, someone slipped a little something into Ford's drink. Proceeded to do the things she described, however in her state of drugged/drunkenness mistakenly thinks it was Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Or, she went upstairs thinking she was finally going to get laid, but then his wingman came in and dive bombed on the situation saving his buddy from making a fugly mistake. She got super embarrassed that she got *ock blocked, so she pulled the "sexual assault" card.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for letting me borrow ^^^ your login K-Wu. It was fun...

T

• Innocent until proven guilty. That’s the only thing that matters here.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• If Kavanaugh is destroyed by this, no political person is safe, ever.
                        Last edited by pinstripers; September 22, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X