X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moss has been claimed by Tennessee.

Shawn Merriman was claimed by Buffalo.

Comment

alot of things that have helped with our turn around is the devlopment of our 1st and 2nd year players. Players like Dorsey, DJ, Belcher, Studebaker, Albert, Barry Richardson, and Hali who may the best player on the team.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think our biggest needs are pass rushing OLB on the other side of Hali and WR, and a NT.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
          Moss has been claimed by Tennessee.

Shawn Merriman was claimed by Buffalo.
          Todd Haley said in his press conference, they didnt make a claim for Moss

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
            Originally posted by SubGod22
            Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
            I think that the 3 needs to look at going into next year (either draft or free agency) are increased depth at outside linebacker, a true nose tackle (Ron Edwards has done a good job, but he isn't getting any younger and even he isn't a prototype 3-4 nose tackle), and improving the wide receiver core.
            I agree with that. But you know I have to throw in looking at QB as well. :D
            I have to agree with TMH. Outside LB, Left End, Right Tackle, and the #1/2 Wide receiver can all be improved. Dorsey has shown some improvement, and Shaun Smith is just outplaying Tyson Jackson. I would give TJ one more year then I would call it a mistake. It takes 2-3 years for a defensive player to get adjusted into NFL play(ex. Brandon Flowers, Derrick Johnson)

As for Cassel, give him some time. He has been playing solid the past few weeks. He has put a minimum on his mistakes and allowed the offense to work. After all, starting QB's do not grow on trees.
            With how Barry Richardson has played, I don't really see much need for help at right tackle. He has always had superior physical tools, his footwork is now becoming instinctual for him. I think we have a very solid pair of young tackles in Albert and Richardson (not that extra offensive line depth is ever a bad thing).
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

O yea, with Weigman being 38, I think its safe to say Center will be a position of need as well.

Comment

I wouldn't mind them finding another guard soon. Brian Waters isn't getting any younger.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I wouldn't mind them finding another guard soon. Brian Waters isn't getting any younger.
                  I think that spot gonna be given to Jon Asamoah most likely, I was very impressed with how he looked for the kids first start.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    I think that spot gonna be given to Jon Asamoah most likely, I was very impressed with how he looked for the kids first start.
                    Forgot about that. How old is Lilja?
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Forgot about that. How old is Lilja?
                      Lilja is 29. Waters is 33.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

We are prolly set at guard and tackle starters wise, maybe add a little depth.

Comment

We are prolly set at guard and tackle starters wise, maybe add a little depth.
                          Plus, it is easier to get high quality guards and centers later in the draft than tackles, so being young a tackle is nice.

Comment

I said 6 with 8 being a success. Defense has been better than I expected. The schedule still sucks so I'm not getting my hopes up. This is NOT a Super Bowl team. That's just crazy talk. We may be able to win the West with an average team. That says more about the division than it does the Chiefs. I'm happy things are better than many expected, but me, and those I talk to aren't getting carried away with expectations. It's fun to finally see the team winning and competing. It's a good step.

As far as the draft goes I said it was unexciting. Berry has been playing well. Moeaki (sp) has been a pleasant surprise. Arenas and McCluster as well. I still don't see why anyone should have been overly excited about things at the time. We'll see how they work out in the long run. But this team still has a ways to go before they're a legit contender.
                            If 6-8 would be a success then how are you not excited and happy about already having 5 and they haven't even played half there games!? You are probably the only chief fan i've met who isn't excited about this season.

And seriously, you guys wanna talk Super Bowl!? I think you guys should hope you can win a playoff game, when was the last time KC won one? 1994 I think?

Comment

Again, who's talking Super Bowl? And no, me and most everyone I know aren't excited as we know we aren't a player in the grand scheme of things yet. We're happy with results so far. I don't personally know any Chiefs fan who would call themselves excited about this season and think we can really factor into anything of importance other than maybe winning a very weak West.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Again, who's talking Super Bowl? And no, me and most everyone I know aren't excited as we know we aren't a player in the grand scheme of things yet. We're happy with results so far. I don't personally know any Chiefs fan who would call themselves excited about this season and think we can really factor into anything of importance other than maybe winning a very weak West.
                                Looking at the end of that Buffalo game thread, I saw lots of excitement built around some fans' posts. And this was a win at home over Buffalo.. :roll:
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X