[KC Chiefs] Week 9 at Oakland Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [KC Chiefs] Week 9 at Oakland Raiders

Oakland had 8 sacks against Seattle and held them to 47 yards rushing and 162 total yards. Oakland is 3-1 at home.

Who would have thought that this game was going to be played between the two leading teams in the division?

Oakland is playing well right now, but there is a big difference between stopping the Seahawks rushing attacks and stopping the Chiefs. Given the disparity between the AFC and NFC this year, I'm not convinced that a winless Buffalo team wouldn't win the NFC West if they were in that division.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Honestly I like how we match up against Oakland. We stop the run, they run well. We run well, and they are 30th in the NFL in stopping the run. And we both suck at down field passing.
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

How would you guys feel about us claiming Randy Moss, I saw an article where we could be a team that puts a claim for him. Personally hes a great talent, and would add a deep threat, but i guess why mess with success. Its certainly gonna be interesting.

Comment

I'm mixed. I certainly wouldn't hate the Chiefs if they tried to get him, but I'm not sure if he would enjoy playing on a team that does nothing but run the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
            Honestly I like how we match up against Oakland. We stop the run, they run well. We run well, and they are 30th in the NFL in stopping the run. And we both suck at down field passing.
            Seattle was second in the league at rush defense holding teams to 3.3 yards per carry. The Raiders stacked up 239 yards on 39 carries, which comes out to 6.1 yards per carry. The Raiders have also totaled more than 500 yards of total offense in back to back weeks.

The Raiders are playing top notch football right now, while the Chiefs were pretty lucky not to lose to arguably the worst team in the NFL. If last week is any kind of indicator of next weeks outcome, Oakland will win by 30.

Comment

This is going to be interesting. If we win this one the skies the limit
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan
                Seattle was second in the league at rush defense holding teams to 3.3 yards per carry. The Raiders stacked up 239 yards on 39 carries, which comes out to 6.1 yards per carry. The Raiders have also totaled more than 500 yards of total offense in back to back weeks.

The Raiders are playing top notch football right now, while the Chiefs were pretty lucky not to lose to arguably the worst team in the NFL. If last week is any kind of indicator of next weeks outcome, Oakland will win by 30.
                If there is anything clear about the current NFL, it is that "last week" is seldom an indicator of "next weeks outcome."
                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I expect Oakland to win, but even based on last week, KC won't lose by 30 any time this year. KC doesn't play the type of football to allow that to happen and the NFL is so mediocre that even on a bad day, no team in the NFL could blow out KC.

Comment

How would you guys feel about us claiming Randy Moss, I saw an article where we could be a team that puts a claim for him. Personally hes a great talent, and would add a deep threat, but i guess why mess with success. Its certainly gonna be interesting.
                    Pioli and Haley don't seem like the type of guys that go after these kind of players(superstar-oriented). Moss even said that he didn't want to be in NE anymore because their philosophy was becoming more team oriented. The Chiefs seem to have good chemistry and work as a team, why mess with it?

I don't know how much we could target Moss anyway. In an offense where the run is emphasized and Cassel is pretty average when it comes to production, it doesn't seem necessary. I would think someone would pick him up on waivers before KC even gets a chance to decide. We are 25th on the waiver list.

Comment

We dont need Moss!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I thought about it when I heard he was being put on waivers. KC is going to have to have a passing attack at some point this season and they really need another quality WR, but Randy Moss would be a huge risk. Not sure he would like playing second fiddle to the running game though.

Comment

I'm contemplating putting some money down on Oakland.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ok if you wanna play that game you lost to a terrible 49ers team, that we crushed by 3 touchdowns.

Comment

Ok if you wanna play that game you lost to a terrible 49ers team, that we crushed by 3 touchdowns.
                              I'll take the 49ers over the Bills ANY day of the week. The chiefs started out strong and caught some pretty lucky breaks. The Houston game (CHOKE!), and now the Buffalo game is just a sign that the Chiefs are startin to act like the Chiefs we all know!

Comment

Working...
                              X