Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by double dribble
    Spending put us in debt.
    Tax cuts actually increased revenue to the federal government.
    Nice try though.
    Try again.
    Tax cuts also increase the national debt when spending is not controlled. Given the lesser of two evils any accountant will tell you that if you have to choose one, tax and spend is better than tax cut and spend.

The national debt rose faster under Regan and Bush 41 and 43 with tax cuts than at any time under the Tax and Spend Democratis.

When Reagan cut tax rates, he also pulled tax deductions on Real Estate which (while necessary and right) triggered the Savings and Loan debacle.

Not as simple as you would like it to be....
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock
      Originally posted by double dribble
      Spending put us in debt.
      Tax cuts actually increased revenue to the federal government.
      Nice try though.
      Try again.
      Tax cuts also increase the national debt when spending is not controlled. Given the lesser of two evils any accountant will tell you that if you have to choose one, tax and spend is better than tax cut and spend.

The national debt rose faster under Regan and Bush 41 and 43 with tax cuts than at any time under the Tax and Spend Democratis.

When Reagan cut tax rates, he also pulled tax deductions on Real Estate which (while necessary and right) triggered the Savings and Loan debacle.

Not as simple as you would like it to be....

The Reagan tax cuts were beneficial for years and years beyond his term and GHWB's term. Just ask Slick Willie how easy it was to ride that wave.

Comment

• So GW pushed through his tax cuts which increased revenue to the federal government due to stimulating economic growth which was sustained for a record 52 consecutive months. And because congress spent more than the revenue coming in we now have debt. OK I got it.
        But which policies did GW enact that were bad for you? I guess I missed that part.
        Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

• I was just thinking. When Obama screws up this Presidency and country, will it have a negative effect on the next black man to run for president? I know it shouldn't as each person is different, but being the first and screwing up royally has to ruin it for the next guy doesn't it?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
            I was just thinking. When Obama screws up this Presidency and country, will it have a negative effect on the next black man to run for president? I know it shouldn't as each person is different, but being the first and screwing up royally has to ruin it for the next guy doesn't it?
            Oh come on Sub- You know he wont screw up, he cant because you will be praying so hard for him to do the right thing! :D 8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I was just thinking. When Obama screws up this Presidency and country, will it have a negative effect on the next black man to run for president? I know it shouldn't as each person is different, but being the first and screwing up royally has to ruin it for the next guy doesn't it?
              The media will spin it into someone else's fault. He inherited eight years of failed policies, foreign relations irreparable, climate not reversible, blah, blah, blah.
              Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                Originally posted by SubGod22
                Oh come on Sub- You know he wont screw up, he cant because you will be praying so hard for him to do the right thing! :D 8)
                You are should be ashamed, but I doubt you have it in you to feel shame.

Comment

• Count me in as one of sad people tonight. :(
                  I'll pray for the country. :innocent:
                  Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by McShocker
                    Originally posted by kcshocker11
                    Nope, you just need to get a sense of humor! :D 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                      Originally posted by McShocker
                      Ridiculing a person for their faith, even when on opposite sides of an issue, is never funny. But I'm sure you don't get that either.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                        Ridiculing a person for their faith, even when on opposite sides of an issue, is never funny. But I'm sure you don't get that either.
                        Oh brother, I'm sure Sub took it with the light hearted humor it was intended! 8)

Comment

• I admit I went to bed last night when it became clear to me who won this election. It was no surprise.

Sen. Barack Obama is now the president-elect of all of us. I wish him well. I admire, from a political prospective, the campaign he ran. He faced many challenges and held up better than I expected. And for that he deserves praise.

So may God bless our country and our new president-elect.

Comment

• Originally posted by double dribble
                            kc, joco, anyone? Can someone please tell me the policies that Bush enacted that were bad for you? anyone? huh? c'mon you have had plenty of time to go read the daily koz
                            First, DD. It's not about me. It's about our country. Please don't tell me that you've fallen into the "me, me, me" trap?

Second, the Patriot Act and a corporate bailout for starters.

The Iraq war. Lives lost and increedible financial debt.

Stimulus checks and out-of-control spending during a time of war.

If government doesn't get smaller under a Republican president, then in my judgement he failed miserably. Then when he takes our civil liberties by pushing a groundbreaking bill through Congress with only minute to review it, I consider him a traitor.

No, DD. I'm doing just fine personally. But I don't see the same for our country. And nothing would have changed with a McCain presidency either. If real conservatives finally open their eyes and revolt I think we'll end up better off in the long run.

Comment

Despite some of his more controversial views, we desperately need a Ron Paul type leader who will steer us back towards the constitution.
                              I knew there was a good reason I liked you, McShocker! :good:

Comment

It will if he's a Democrat. If he's a conservative he should be able to avoid any Obama fallout.

Comment

Working...
                                X