2008 Royals - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
    We head to the pool with the R's down 10-3 and come back to a win. Sweet.
    haha I watched the first 3 innings on TV then went outside to the pool but listened to Bob and Denny

Great game.

Comment

• I fell asleep watching it in the top of the 6th with us down 10-5 and woke up right after we tied it. Nice to see the bats come alive.

What'd the SF pitcher do when he got tossed?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
        I fell asleep watching it in the top of the 6th with us down 10-5 and woke up right after we tied it. Nice to see the bats come alive.

What'd the SF pitcher do when he got tossed?
        well the giants manager already pulled him, and as he was walking to the dugout, he was just mouthing off to the umpire about balls and strikes
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Rockies in town for three. Hopefully the Royals can keep up their domination of the national league. If we can just get to the World Series, I really like our chances.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

• I agree. If we could find some way to get through the AL the Series would be ours!!! :D
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Buy one, get one free tickets for the series with the Rockies...

Rockies

(password = Rockies)

Comment

• Pena provides depth I'll admit I laughed a little at first when I saw the headline.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• And I just noticed that KC has was 8 of the last 10!!!
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• yup and only 8.5 games out of first place. Now i dont we will get close to that, but it seems like in years past at this point in the season we are about 20 games out of first, and who knows, maybe we can get a really long winning streak going.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• All I really want is .500 ball for the rest of this season. Continued building of the ballclub.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
                        yup and only 8.5 games out of first place. Now i dont we will get close to that, but it seems like in years past at this point in the season we are about 20 games out of first, and who knows, maybe we can get a really long winning streak going.
                        That's because in those years the White Sox, Tigers, Indians, etc. all had stellar years and had the best records in baseball. It's not because the Royals are that much better, it's because the AL Central is that much weaker.

8-2 over the last 10 to get 10 games under .500. That says something.

The Royals should sweep the Rocks, who are one of the worst teams in baseball right now.

Again, I love some of your optimism.. :lol:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think they have a right to be optimistic as something like 31 of the next 44 games are at home or something and lets face it they have looked pretty decent in their last 6 games winning five. No reason to think they cant make a bit of a run and gain some ground. I don't think thats to optimistic or unrealistic seeing you prefer that sort of terminology. I'm not a Royals fan for the record just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s
                            I think they have a right to be optimistic as something like 31 of the next 44 games are at home or something and lets face it they have looked pretty decent in their last 6 games winning five. No reason to think they cant make a bit of a run and gain some ground. I don't think thats to optimistic or unrealistic seeing you prefer that sort of terminology. I'm not a Royals fan for the record just my 2 cents.
                            I said I love their optimism. Did I say anything to the contrary? Did I say they shouldn't be allowed to be optimistic?

For the record, the Royals are just as bad at home, as they are on the road.. (15-19 home, 18-24 road).

They're in the middle of a stretch of games against the weak NL West. They should be winning these types of games to avoid the celllar. Yay for them. I'll be real interested to see if the Cardinals lay down again them next week. Should be a fun series.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The weak opponents they're playing now help balance out the stretch of games they had last month that sent them into a funk. I believe they really struggled with NYY, BOS and TB. But those three teams have been pretty good this year. Having a stretch of games at home will help since they don't have to worry about travel and can keep a nice routine going for most of the stretch.

KC is going to be up and down all year and we all knew that. The losing streak was a bit more than expected but they've rebounded well and have a team with some talent. Guillen has been hitting quite well after a horribly slow start. Teahen has been making better contact. We now have a SS that can actually hit the ball and has a little pop in his bat. Our pitching has, for the most part, been better but our bullpen is still a little depleated with Bale and Nunez still on the shelf. When they return that will really help the end of games.

If KC can play about .500 ball I'll be happy as it'll be a nice step in the right direction with such a young team. But we fans have a reason to be excited about this team and it's future. The pieces are coming together and the draft classes are looking better.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Ron "Crazay" Mahay has been awesome this year. He has been just as good if not better than Riske was last year. He just comes in and gets the job done. Great underrated pick up for Moore.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Working...
                                X