2017 KC Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Either Fulmer really has it going on or there is a wide strike zone.
    Not that this has to do with anything Royals related, but a strike zone comment reminded me of somthing. A friend of mine was bemoaning the strike zone at his son's game the other night. Called it a Kardashian strike zone. Wide strike zone up high and down low but pretty narrow at the middle height area.
    78-65

Comment

Royals have plated three after getting two outs in the 9th, finally chasing Fulmer. It's still just 3-7.

Comment

KC is now tied for the 2nd wildcard. Duffy is coming back. Vargas continues to dominate. Hammel looks like he's back to being good. The offense is still doing a little more than enough to win.

Are the rumors of KC shopping for a starter true?

Comment

I haven't kept up with Royals news beyond wins and losses over the last week or so, so I couldn't say. I think the injury to Strahm has them a little on edge for later in the rotation. Although I would say that Kennedy has started to pitch a little better of late as well. The bullpen is still a concern to me. I like Herrera, but I just dont trust him completely in the closer role. I guess having first Holland and then Davis does tend to cloud one's vision though. As much as I don't want to have to wait years for a total rebuild, the opportunity is here now, go for it. Let's get another ring!

#VoteMoose
          Go Shocks!

Comment

The Royals enter the all star break in 3rd place just a half game behind the Twins, 3 games back of the Indians and 1 1/2 games out of the 2nd wild card spot.

The 10 game homestand coming out of the break will probably tell us what the team should do at the trade deadline.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              The Royals enter the all star break in 3rd place just a half game behind the Twins, 3 games back of the Indians and 1 1/2 games out of the 2nd wild card spot.

The 10 game homestand coming out of the break will probably tell us what the team should do at the trade deadline.
              Missed opportunity to get at least one game vs. Dodgers in LA. Too bad...we'll see what the homestand brings, like you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
                Missed opportunity to get at least one game vs. Dodgers in LA. Too bad...we'll see what the homestand brings, like you mentioned.
                Saturday was irritating. They had the one-run lead in the 8th but Soria gave it right back. They say he is doing better this year, but it still seems like everytime I am watching, he does his best impression of an arsonist.

And then to give up the winning run in the 10th with four straight walks??? SMH...
                78-65

Comment

Royals are 1.5 games out of first place and 2 games out of the wildcard race. They lucky even though they went on a small losing streak Cleveland wasn't much better. They need to sweep the CWS.

Now does anybody see the Royals making any moves before the trade deadline (July 31)?

Comment

As is, they could still compete for the division title, given the Indians can't seem to pull away. KC needs a starting pitcher, reliever and a decent bat to be a contender for the pennant. I could see them getting 1 or 2 of those, but all 3 is a longshot without prolonging the inevitable rebuild after this season.

Comment

Any published rumors I have seen for the Royals has indicated they are looking for starting pitching. My uneducated opinion is we need back of the bullpen help. Herrera is not that great of a closer and Soria, although not as incendiary as last year, always seems one pitch away from throwing gasoline on the fire. What does it cost to get this? It might be too steep, but that is why Dayton Moore makes the big bucks.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Royals swept the CWS, then beat Detroit in 12 with back-2-back HR and are now 1.5 games out. Royals also traded for LHP Ryan Buchter, RHP Brandon Maurer and RHP Trevor Cahill

Comment

Well, Moore went and got 2 of the 3 pieces from San Diego I thought they needed. Cahill has to be an improvement over Wood. I'm not expecting them to get another bat, hoping Gordon and Moss will continue their modest improvement in July. Gordon has hit .234 and Moss .300 this month, bringing both of their averages a few ticks north of .200 for the year.

Comment

I would be surprised to see the Royals make another move after this one. I think they will hope for organic growth on the offensive side, there is sure plenty of upside left there, especially from the bottom of the order.
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

Fricking Cleveland.

KC goes on an 8-game win streak and they win 6 in a row.

Comment

These two teams the the most recent AL Champions. Cleveland is not going away any time soon. I love a good pennant race. Go Royals!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X