Bill Warren selling 7 of his theatres to Regal Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    They were getting a lot of complaints. In fact, I think the guy at the counter even said they got threatened with a lawsuit because some guy had a suit (or something) ruined by one of the bags. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along those lines. Maybe they brought the buckets back based on that?
    We were at warren west last week. They only had tubs in the large size, bags for med. & small. Also had a girl behind the counter that may have been the slowest employee I've seen in sixty plus years on this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
      We were at warren west last week. They only had tubs in the large size, bags for med. & small. Also had a girl behind the counter that may have been the slowest employee I've seen in sixty plus years on this earth.
      Hahaha, well the guy that helped me was a good employee. But those sacks. Maybe it was the case that we wanted the medium and they only had buckets in large then too. Actually that does ring a bell. I can't imagine putting hot melted butter in a sack at ANY size. I guess they do that at the circus though, come to think of it. But then again, there is no circus anymore. Coincidence?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I guess I have you to thank @KungWU my son and I caught the Saturday matinee of IT at the Warren West (it is still called the warren right?) and ordered the Fred & Ginger. It seemed like the soda cups and popcorn tub, yes tub, was larger than before. Cost was $14.00+tax.
        It seemed the same as before other than the intro and logo. I like the digital ticket option, no lines.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          I guess I have you to thank @KungWU my son and I caught the Saturday matinee of IT at the Warren West (it is still called the warren right?) and ordered the Fred & Ginger. It seemed like the soda cups and popcorn tub, yes tub, was larger than before. Cost was $14.00+tax.
          It seemed the same as before other than the intro and logo. I like the digital ticket option, no lines.
          Now wait a minute ... is the Fred & Ginger a medium or large popcorn?

Comment

The Warren Theaters will slowly over time become run down and dilapidated. I've never been to a nice Regal theater and they'll end up screwing these up. It'll all snowball, attendance will dwindle and with less money coming in, less money will be spent to ensure the Warren maintains the look and service we're used to. Why Bill, why?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
              The Warren Theaters will slowly over time become run down and dilapidated. I've never been to a nice Regal theater and they'll end up screwing these up. It'll all snowball, attendance will dwindle and with less money coming in, less money will be spent to ensure the Warren maintains the look and service we're used to. Why Bill, why?
              Kinda like McLatchy and the Eagle. Pretty soon the Warren will be serving popcorn in leftover Eagles.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Nobody knows my true identity here so I'm gonna rant. A family member of mine works security at the one of the Warren theatres in Wichita. He always told me Bill was quirky but said he was a good guy and would do anything for his employees. He also let security have family members attend movies for free with him. Once Regal took over they started with 30 minutes trailers before movies. Wichitans came out of the wood-work complaining about it. And Regal decided to "let Wichita do it's thing" as he said, because it worked. Then a month later they cut his pay in half. And told him he can't have anymore free tickets for family. He also said the complaints about everything were getting so bad Regal sent a customer service rep to visit Wichita for a week. I'm a free market entreprenuer at heart. But this corporatism, one size fits all, everything for the stockowner and not the customer crap is getting ridiculous. Like Bill Warren or not, he knows how to provide an amazing, entertaining, posh experience of watching a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  Why Bill, why?
                  The Wichita theaters are a distraction compared with the massive opportunity he has built in OKC. Sucks for us, but good for Bill. I guess we should be thankful we had it good while we did.

Comment

The Warren was my first job and I use to be a huge movie buff (before Hollyweird went supernova), so it will always have a special place in my heart. It would be very sad to see the Warren Theatres go the way of the dodo.
                    The Assman

Comment

If he builds it, Regal will buy it. Regal has the option to purchase the next two or three OK theatres.

Comment

The Wichita theaters are a distraction compared with the massive opportunity he has built in OKC. Sucks for us, but good for Bill. I guess we should be thankful we had it good while we did.
                        I know I mentioned this before, but I just wish Bill would have sold to an independent investor(s), to carry on the same dream and passion he has.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                          I know I mentioned this before, but I just wish Bill would have sold to an independent investor(s), to carry on the same dream and passion he has.
                          Bill owned none of his theatres outright. He had different local investors on every property. He had the ability to buy them out at any point, which he effectively did when he sold to Regal, but Burke, Laham, Key etc all had good sized ownership and could have bought Bill out (if Bill agreed to sell like he did with Regal) but that's not what they do. Who locally would have the change needed for that type of purchase?

Comment

Yep, you're right, Wichita sucks.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

A monster oust large tub compared to hat I remember.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                A monster oust large tub compared to hat I remember.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X