Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
    K42, Terrace, Vogue Art?

Terrace Drive-In - 2701 N. Hillside Street, Wichita, KS 37202 http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/28546

Vogue Art Theater - 417 E. Douglas Avenue, Wichita, KS 67202 http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/20258
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Let's hope the Regal theaters aren't operated like the 'Circle Jerk Cinema'.

Well .... the Warren DOES have a nice 3D setup ...
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Saw most movies at the Crest until Northrock was built. I loved the Crest. Didn't there used to be a theater in College Hill? Oliver and Centralish?
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Yes, there was. I don't remember the name of it. It was on the northeast corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuchalk View Post
            Yes, there was. I don't remember the name of it. It was on the northeast corner.
            Was it the Tower?

Comment

Also had the Crown, the Uptown, the Boulevard, and the Airport drive-in. I think the Miller was my favorite.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
                  Was it the Tower?
                  I think you're right.

Comment

Continuing the drive-in movie thread 'hijack'... loved the old drive-ins sitting next to my sweetie...

"NATIONAL DRIVE-IN MOVIE DAY. National Drive-In Movie Day is observed annually on June 6th. Richard M. Hollingshead Jr. of Camden, New Jersey was the creator of the drive-in theater. Hollingshead's drive-in opened in New Jersey on June 6, 1933."

-------------------------------

EXPERIENCE AUGUST MOON

A FULLY IMMERSIVE INDOOR DRIVE-IN MOVIE EXPERIENCE, FEATURING THE LARGEST NON-IMAX MOVIE SCREEN IN NORTH AMERICA.

OPENING SPRING 2018

Comment

So now we get the rest of the story . . .

Bill Warren sold his Wichita theaters so that he could build even bigger, better, more luxurious theaters in OKC.

All the while he threw a big publicity fit insisting that Wichita must keep its ugly, outdated, circular building that they call Century II.

What a hypocritical SOB.

Last edited by Shocker-maniac; October 1, 2017, 07:39 AM.
                      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Myself I like our iconic circular building they call Century II

Comment

Does he have a no compete clause written in his deal with Regal? If not I can tell you people are extremely ticked at Regal here in Wichita and would love Bill to put another theater in Wichita. Regal is killing what they bought here.

Comment

I went to the Warren with the family recently. Went to go fetch the usual bucket of popcorn that we split. Dude said, "We don't have buckets anymore - we put them in those bags" pointing up at a bunch of lunch sack looking bags. I'm like, "What? But there's still a bucket option for the larger sizes, right? I mean you don't put buttered popcorn in a bag, right?" He looked embarrassed and said, "Yeah. And we get a lot of complaints." Hahaha

That's nasty. Not to mention it's difficult to carry multiple bags of popcorn if you have bought other stuff. Really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I went to the Warren with the family recently. Went to go fetch the usual bucket of popcorn that we split. Dude said, "We don't have buckets anymore - we put them in those bags" pointing up at a bunch of lunch sack looking bags. I'm like, "What? But there's still a bucket option for the larger sizes, right? I mean you don't put buttered popcorn in a bag, right?" He looked embarrassed and said, "Yeah. And we get a lot of complaints." Hahaha

That's nasty. Not to mention it's difficult to carry multiple bags of popcorn if you have bought other stuff. Really weird.
                              Huh.........they still had tubs a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                Huh.........they still had tubs a month ago.
                                They were getting a lot of complaints. In fact, I think the guy at the counter even said they got threatened with a lawsuit because some guy had a suit (or something) ruined by one of the bags. I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along those lines. Maybe they brought the buckets back based on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X