Bill Warren selling 7 of his theatres to Regal Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Warren selling 7 of his theatres to Regal Entertainment

Says he's not done in the theatre business and is excited about the future, but apparently that future doesn't include Wichita.

Regal doesn't have the best reputation. I could see this being the start to a sad decline of one of the things that made Wichita special.

The Assman

Maybe with AMC and Regal coming to town Alamo Drafthouse will find a spot to set up. We all know the Warrens will turn into piles of s in < 10 years.

Comment

Hopefully they run it as an independent subsidiary and let them keep all the parts of what makes the Warren Theatres some of, if not, the best in the country.
      The Assman

Comment

Let's hope the Regal theaters aren't operated like the 'Circle Jerk Cinema'.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Local theaters continued - a stroll down memory lane

Comment

Comment

Comment

Where is the Westport drive in? A big bag of pop corn in a grocery sack paper bag and a cooler of Shasta pop, mom dad and my two brothers and sometimes the family dog. Playing on the playground equipment below the screen waiting for it to get dark enough and enduring the dancing hotdogs and chilly dillys.

Comment

I've missed the quality of Warren theaters since I left Wichita. When I heard AMC was moving into the Wichita market, I thought it was going to be interesting to watch how the two businesses competed. The fact that he's selling only Wichita makes me think he anticipated it being difficult to retain the same level of quality, but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I've been to a few Regal theaters that aren't too bad, but they're definitely not as good as the Warren theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    Where is the Westport drive in? A big bag of pop corn in a grocery sack paper bag and a cooler of Shasta pop, mom dad and my two brothers and sometimes the family dog. Playing on the playground equipment below the screen waiting for it to get dark enough and enduring the dancing hotdogs and chilly dillys.
                    Been there, done that, sans dog. Makes me want to fill a paper bag full with greasy, buttery popcorn and reminisce. Just hope I don't break a tooth on the old maids.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I love WSU, but I'm perhaps not the biggest fan of Wichita - the town - here on SN. That said, the Warren Theatres were always one of the things that made you feel like Wichita did right, so I'm pretty bummed about this news.

I have trouble seeing AMC as much of a competitor to Warren's model. There's a reason it took them this long to enter our market (Warren has nuked all comers in the Wichita market over the years) and they're probably picking up that old, otherwise useless, Northrock building for pennies on the dollar compared to construction cost. I am interested to see if AMC can unscrew that screwy and goofy old theatre, which was essentially uncompetitive to the Warren the day it was completed.
                      Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 22, 2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Been there, done that, sans dog. Makes me want to fill a paper bag full with greasy, buttery popcorn and reminisce. Just hope I don't break a tooth on the old maids.
                        maybe you should just use your tongue on the old maids

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Comment

K42, Terrace, Vogue Art?
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                              X