No announcement yet.

So, any agreement on Uncle Mike, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, any agreement on Uncle Mike, and...

...which fanbase he/she/they are trolling from?

New comrades from the AAC?

Jilted former MVC conference mates?

Maybe WSU is just collateral damage, stuck in the middle of the intense Mulvane-Andale rivalry...

Whatever the case, you at least have to give them credit for the attempts at posting as if a local, even though most of the posts had a "Google meets Mad Libs" sort of feel to them. But, using the
    name and pictures of an alleged pedophile as a way to represent a supposed die-hard Shocker fan... that feels a little bit like they were trying maybe a bit too hard. And... "grandnephew Jason"?
    Clumsy, clumsy work...

On the plus side, I now know who Jason Blaha is. No, actually, I don't think that is much of a plus of all...

Back to the shadows...

Permaban
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Permaban
      Yep.

Comment

Leave him alone, I have an Uncle Mike and if he knew how to use the web and could find Shockernet, he could have said something similar.
        We have some folks on here, may have posted in this thread already who are quite annoying at times but don't get ousted. The characters add color to the site and eventually just fade away if not true fans and others don't keep feeding them.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
          Leave him alone, I have an Uncle Mike and if he knew how to use the web and could find Shockernet, he could have said something similar.
          We have some folks on here, may have posted in this thread already who are quite annoying at times but don't get ousted. The characters add color to the site and eventually just fade away if not true fans and others don't keep feeding them.
          Really?
          Would he use pictures of pedophiles for his avatar?

I can't believe how naive some people are.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Really?

Unless he changed his avatar, I saw an old guy who looked like grizzly adams. A little off-kilter, but otherwise harmless. I did not see anything off. I did see he said something about his nephew's baseball game, don't know if he followed that post with inappropriate posts (I'm usually busy in the evening exercising and not logged on).

What I saw was not worthy of a permaban, but IDK if I have all the facts. I would like someone to direct me to the posts where things fell off the tracks, because if he was banned for simply going off topic, there are a number of people (including myself) who have been accused of hijacking threads over the years.

Comment

Really?

So was his picture of an actual known pedophile? Or just kinda looked like one? Honest question.

I do agree that it was getting old. It entertained me for a bit, but soon it became pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                So was his picture of an actual known pedophile? Or just kinda looked like one? Honest question.

I do agree that it was getting old. It entertained me for a bit, but soon it became pretty clear.
                Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! If he was perma-banned solely based on his avatar (unless you have proof otherwise) and 'feeling like he might' be a predator, that's the stuff libel suits are made of.

Good thing we all have nicknames on this list. Anonymizes all users and protects the owners from legal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by downdraft View Post
                  ...which fanbase he/she/they are trolling from?

New comrades from the AAC?

Jilted former MVC conference mates?

Maybe WSU is just collateral damage, stuck in the middle of the intense Mulvane-Andale rivalry...

Whatever the case, you at least have to give them credit for the attempts at posting as if a local, even though most of the posts had a "Google meets Mad Libs" sort of feel to them. But, using the
                  name and pictures of an alleged pedophile as a way to represent a supposed die-hard Shocker fan... that feels a little bit like they were trying maybe a bit too hard. And... "grandnephew Jason"?
                  Clumsy, clumsy work...

On the plus side, I now know who Jason Blaha is. No, actually, I don't think that is much of a plus of all...

Back to the shadows...
                  The shadows belong to me
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Contributes nothing of value. The crotchety old dude schtick wore out for me some time ago.

All the guy ever does is pop threads back up to the top, which makes people check them out for no reason at all, except Uncle Mike gets views of his posts. There's no rule against wasting everybody's time, so that's not bannable. I'm not for a permaban at this point, but if the established pattern continues, I believe posters will engage him, which will result in his doing somethig to actually earn a perma ban.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I have a particular suggetion:

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Contributes nothing of value. The crotchety old dude schtick wore out for me some time ago.

All the guy ever does is pop threads back up to the top, which makes people check them out for no reason at all, except Uncle Mike gets views of his posts. There's no rule against wasting everybody's time, so that's not bannable. I'm not for a permaban at this point, but if the established pattern continues, I believe posters will engage him, which will result in his doing somethig to actually earn a perma ban.
                        Speaking of bumping threads back to the top, I really am resisting the urge to go find the "potential irony of Conner Frankamp and Perry Ellis" threads we used to have going on here.

Comment

Need to find a little blue pill to get @DUShock: all excited to drop his ban hammer again
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I know I'm a cynical old bastard but it amazes me that some folks on here are so slow to recognize a troll. @ShockerFever: seems to have a good dose of that cynicism as well and I like that he's here to serve that purpose.
                            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

He gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X