No announcement yet.

Wichita Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people might be interested in an opinion piece written by the KANSAS CITY STAR editorial board that is on Kansas.com today that is titled,

'Outrage: No charges, no justice for Wichita teen killed in custody George Floyd style.'

Seems folks in KC are promoting unrest in Wichita, Minneapolis style.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
      Some people might be interested in an opinion piece written by the KANSAS CITY STAR editorial board that is on Kansas.com today that is titled,

'Outrage: No charges, no justice for Wichita teen killed in custody George Floyd style.'

Seems folks in KC are promoting unrest in Wichita, Minneapolis style.
      I actually happened to catch most of the news conference from the DA on this. I had zero prior knowledge of the case. Had not even heard of it. After listening to the DA lay out the timeline and events that transpired, very thoroughly I might add, I can't see how any reasonable person would conclude that this was anything more than a terrible accident. Having worked in emergency services for my entire career, sometimes bad things happen even when everyone is doing their best to help. It is terrible that a young man lost his life, but that doesn't mean someone else caused it through negligent or purposeful acts.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

I’m thinking of ending again my subscription to the Eagle.
        I did once before but received a call highlighting the positive upcoming changes and signed back up.

Everyday I click on and see the same stories repeated day after day with more and more articles from the KC area filling in the void of any Wichita content.

Anyone else stop their subscription? Miss anything?
        I don’t live in Wichita so my news comes from the Eagle and WBJ.

Comment

The WBJ is excellent. I would think an interested out of towner would get all they want to know from the WBJ and local news stations websites like KAKE. I bought a year and cancelled last fall. The value was barely a convenience fee, imho.

Comment

I love the WBJ and that's where a majority of the stories I share in the 316 thread come from.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Currently not even a mention of the latest attempt on Trump on the e-edition the the Eagle Kansas.com. All you need to know about their bias.

But there are several negative stories/opinion pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                Currently not even a mention of the latest attempt on Trump on the e-edition the the Eagle Kansas.com. All you need to know about their bias.

But there are several negative stories/opinion pieces.
                The Eagle is trash. And will die on the trash pile they’ve created.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                X