Wichita Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    The Oracle of Omaha owns the paper and makes its success a priority. The Eagle was sold in late 80's or early 90's to Knight-Ridder, which truly began its slide into the abyss.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      No, no. Knight-Ridder not Night Rider!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        A new version of the old boiler room, "pump and dump" move. I like it, nice to see they kept Kits Cylon eye.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Somebody should venture into the local newspaper department ... start anew. Nothing like a little competition for the Eagle - which is no longer local.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
            Somebody should venture into the local newspaper department ... start anew. Nothing like a little competition for the Eagle - which is no longer local.
            It's an empty shell compared with what it used to be.

Comment

Couldn't find anything about the VB win v. Temple.
              If it's not written in KC or about HS sports, it will be tough to find.
              The Eagle is a freakin' joke. A KC satellite paper.

Comment

Yes it is; nothing about WSU at all; NOTHING. No VB coverage, no Paul S articles - the Eage isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Comment

I'm disappointed in the Eagle too. I will continue to watch closely to decide if continuing to subscribe digitally is worth it.

Comment

Every article on the Sunday's Sports front page was copied from the KC Star and provided by a KC beat reporter.
                    Count on getting more about the Royals, Chiefs, and yes... the Jayhawks. Don't let Jesse Newell throw you. He writes about KU for the KC Star. Easy to copy/paste.

No Eagle Sports Columnist and no WSU beat reporter (yet).

Is there a way to get the digital for free. Unless they hire a very good Shocker beat reporter, I'll stop paying and get my Shocker fix from listening to KFH online in the AM and afternoon.
                    Last edited by Veritas; September 24, 2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

The one guy assigned to cover WSU sports leaves. The Eagle immediately puts out an ad looking for his replacement. Yet in the meantime you expect them to cover WSU volleyball on the east coast?

Whether or not you like the local paper, at least give them a chance to hire someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                        Is there a way to get the digital for free. Unless they hire a very good Shocker beat reporter, I'll stop paying and get my Shocker fix from listening to KFH online in the AM and afternoon.
                        The app?

Has worked fine for me for quite while now, subscription-free.

Comment

I mean, where else can a person go to get completely biased and unfair shite like this:

I'm speaking of the photo, where the absolute worst photo of Trump was selected to contrast with the choir boy NFL player photo on the right. How are we to take the media seriously with crap like this?

Hell... I don't even like Trump, but at least TRY to look like you're presenting an unbiased story.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            I mean, where else can a person go to get completely biased and unfair shite like this:

I'm speaking of the photo, where the absolute worst photo of Trump was selected to contrast with the choir boy NFL player photo on the right. How are we to take the media seriously with crap like this?

Hell... I don't even like Trump, but at least TRY to look like you're presenting an unbiased story.
                            It really stands out how much they dgaf whether or not they put out the appearance of being objective anymore and are doubling down on this in an industry that's going extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Amazing how the Eagle has been reduced to essentially nothing, while newspapers in other peer metros are still doing fine. Have family in Omaha, and the Omaha World-Herald is still a respected part of life up there; very professional paper and a real asset to the community. Could be wrong, but I think the same could be said of the Tulsa World.

Suppose that's what happens when your reporters, editors, and lone political cartoonist all roundly mock the most commonly held beliefs of the majority of your readership. Weird, that. Eagle stories all have a particular bias thrust to them that is clear as day. Their political cartoonist - Crowson - creates some legitimately offensive and intellectually dishonest material, all while acting as a prominent volunteer with the SG CO chapter of a major political party. The dude is basically a troll with an artistic skill and a public platform upon which to foist his nonsense. Somehow, the Eagle is proud to have the guy as a part of their staff, which says a lot.

Ultimately the Eagle has created the bed it is slowly preparing for the long nap; their roosters are coming home to roost.
                              If you follow the Twitter feeds of current and former employees, you realize the editing it must take just to get it to printable garbage.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                                If you follow the Twitter feeds of current and former employees, you realize the editing it must take just to get it to printable garbage.
                                Buzzard Merritt is secretly still the puppet master of the Eagle I believe.
                                Hell, he gets half the 'guest' opinion columns they print. I swear that I won't read another but, like a car crash I seem to always slow down and take a look.

Comment

Working...
                                X