2016 Kansas City Royals discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Hey baseball officianados...was it a balk or was it a bullshit call that let the Yankoffs take the lead? I think I've seen much worse this year, but maybe I missed something on the replay.
    I didnt think he came set, although like you said, I have seen worse this year. In the postgame interview, Ned Yost said it was a balk. I trust his opinion on those things more than mine. That is at least 3 balks on him this year. He better get it figured out. They are obviously watching him for it.
    Go Shocks!

Comment

The Royals are just not playing good baseball right now. There isn't really a part of their game that is functioning at a high level. Starting pitching is not getting the job done, offense is lackluster (Cain's three homer night the exception), bullpen has some flashes of good (Soria excluded) but is being overworked because the starters can't get out of the third inning. And then the normally reliable defense is not making the routine plays. The Escobar error last night on a really routine grounder had me pulling what little hair i still have out, Infante has forgotten how to backhand a baseball.

Now I am hopeful that this is just a glitch and they will get it figured out, but it is more than a little troubling. The season is still young, but the White Sox look like the real deal and we can't afford to dig too deep of a hole.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
        The Royals are just not playing good baseball right now. There isn't really a part of their game that is functioning at a high level. Starting pitching is not getting the job done, offense is lackluster (Cain's three homer night the exception), bullpen has some flashes of good (Soria excluded) but is being overworked because the starters can't get out of the third inning. And then the normally reliable defense is not making the routine plays. The Escobar error last night on a really routine grounder had me pulling what little hair i still have out, Infante has forgotten how to backhand a baseball.

Now I am hopeful that this is just a glitch and they will get it figured out, but it is more than a little troubling. The season is still young, but the White Sox look like the real deal and we can't afford to dig too deep of a hole.
        World Series Hangover?
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

The starting pitching minus Young/Medlen has been pretty good. The bullpen minus Soria has been really good.
          I know they cant do it like this but if Im Yost I dont let Young start in any place not named Kauffman Stadium. And it looks like Gee is getting the start on Saturday. Not saying he's a savior but he's been decent in long relief.

With that said the pitching would look near as bad if the offense was atleast putting up average numbers. They've been atrocious. Strike out rate is up

Its the middle of May so its kind of whatever to me at this point. But at the same time this little 2 week streak they have been on in is troublesome.

Comment

Cubs loss first game in a day-night double header.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Royals win, 7-3.

Cubs loss second game of day-night double header, 1-0.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I don't know it if it World Series hangover or not. Honestly, it is hard for any team to repeat the magic of last season. The Royals may never duplicate that again, it was that special. My concern is that they aren't even really playing good baseball. I have been around long enough to understand the ebbs and flows of a baseball season, but I never like sloppy baseball. Even last year when they hit their trouble spots, they were playing fundamentally sound ball. Winning the WS is always the goal for every team, but in reality only a hand full of teams have much of a shot at it. As they Royals are playing now, they are not one of those teams.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

Royals and Cubs win.

Comment

The last two seasons have been wonderful, this year has been disappointing but we shall remain forever Royal.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Royals lose.

Cubs win.

Comment

Not to steal MoValley John's thunder, but the Royals win over the Braves today in 13 with a walk-off two run homer by Kendris Morales.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

Not to steal MoValley John's thunder, but the Royals win over the Braves today in 13 with a walk-off two run homer by Kendris Morales.
                          Cubs lose.

Comment

Comment

Yup. The Moose is no longer loose this season.

Gordon on the DL. Morales out 3-4 days with a sprained finger.

Just in time for WSU Day at the K.

Comment

Well my fellow Shocker/Royals fans. Tomorrow is Shocker Day at the "K". Mrs. SDO and I will be heading up in the morning sporting our latest Shocker gear. Then we are hanging around to catch the afternoon game on Sunday. I nice little two-fer trip to KC. Hope to see some of you there. Let's hope for a better outcome than last year's game.

In case you missed it, the Royals are back to playing their fun and exciting brand of baseball. Tonight was one of those nights. Danny Duffy is perfect through 5 1/3 and then there was the train wreck, giving up 3 straight singles, a grand slam and a solo homer. Royals trail 5-1 after 5 1/2. Hoz goes yard in the bottom half of the 6th. Then the Royals go on to score 4 in the seventh and one in the eighth to pull out the win. One game behind the White Sox now with a chance to tie things up tomorrow. Although there are still those pesky Indians that lead KC by 1/2 game. We are hoping for a good, dry (yeah right) weekend. See you at the "K"!
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X