2015 MLB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockMe300 View Post
    Did you see that KU students broke into their football stadium and tore down the goalposts to celebrate the Royals victory? I don't think they understand....much.
    They are just using the WS win as an excuse to try destroying their stadium so they don't have to play football any more this year.

Comment

Did you see that KU students broke into their football stadium and tore down the goalposts to celebrate the Royals victory? I don't think they understand....much.
      Meh! KU certainly has little need for goalposts. Probably won't even bother replacing them. Although forcing opponents to go forgo field goal attempts and to go for 2-point conversions probably would not work in KU's favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Meh! KU certainly has little need for goalposts. Probably won't even bother replacing them.
        Their opponent certainly needs them. Just have a special rule at KU that teams don't switch goals at each quarter. Problem solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Their opponent certainly needs them. Just have a special rule at KU that teams don't switch goals at each quarter. Problem solved.
          I hear that Big 12 opponents are dealing with a new overuse injury to their placekickers. KU Toe!

Comment

• I have to admit that I thought that last night was just not going to be the Royals night. Harvey had just dominated them and he was one fired up dude coming out to the mound in the 9th (maybe too fired up). Furthermore, Harvey came out in the 9th inning with Lorenzo Cain leading off. Lo-Cain had for the most part looked overmatched by Harvey and then when he fell behind 0-2 in the count I thought this was just more of the same. But somehow he worked a walk which is not something the Royals do a lot of. That was a great at bat. Of course, Hosmer's heroics were amazing as well. The contrast between Hosmer's production with RISP and without was kind of mind-boggling. The one thing I kept telling my wife is that these guys need to quit trying to pull Harvey and then Hosmer complied.

As good as Harvey was with 5 hits in 8 innings + 2 batters in the 9th the Royals pitchers, including starter Edinson Volquez were just as good allowing only 4 hits and 1 earned run over 12 innings of work. Volquez main problem which finally came back to bite him were the walks. The Royals ended up outhitting the Mets 10-4.

One thing that turned out to be much bigger than it seemed at the time was the work Volquez did in the bottom of the 6th. Yes he contributed to his problem with a lead off walk to Granderson. Then after a single by Wright and Hosmer's error he was facing a bases-loaded no-out mell of a hess. Getting out of that jam with allowing only 1 run proved to be very, very important factor in keeping the game within reach.

After that the Royals bullpen did their thing which is to turn out the lights on the opponent's offense. The rest as they say is history for the World Champion Kansas City BLTN Royals.

Comment

Last night was unreal in Lawrence, at least a couple of thousand people stormed Mass Street and partied in the street till 2AM. Unfortunately, some people inevitably took it to the stadium. I guess it's KU's thing now, who knows.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Last night was unreal in Lawrence, at least a couple of thousand people stormed Mass Street and partied in the street till 2AM. Unfortunately, some people inevitably took it to the stadium. I guess it's KU's thing now, who knows.
                Imagine that, such love in Lowrents for a team based in Missouri. Don Fambrough would be mortified.

Comment

Working...
                X