2015 MLB Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 MLB Postseason

Morales with two solo shots. That's all they've been able to muster against McHugh. Chris Young came in after the delay and has struck out seven in three innings. But gave up a dinger to Springer. 2-4, bad guys.

Let's go Royals!

The energy seemed to be lacking from the 1st base dugout last night. Part of that was coming back after an hour rain delay, I'm sure. Houston seemed to be playing with more energy and I'm not sure I see this going in KC's favor.

I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I'm sure proud of my DisAstros. They are going to lose the 'dis' after this season. KC better win the game today. KC will have a tough time beating Keuchel, especially in Houston.

Time to ask the KC fans on the board how they did against the StRangers and the BlueJays this year. I want whomever wins this series to go to the World Series and I'm a little doubtful that Houston can get by the Rangers in a series where the Rangers will have the home field advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
        I'm sure proud of my DisAstros. They are going to lose the 'dis' after this season. KC better win the game today. KC will have a tough time beating Keuchel, especially in Houston.

Time to ask the KC fans on the board how they did against the StRangers and the BlueJays this year. I want whomever wins this series to go to the World Series and I'm a little doubtful that Houston can get by the Rangers in a series where the Rangers will have the home field advantage.
        3-4 against both.

KC faced Keuchel on July 26. They got 10 hits and 5 earned runs off him, the most (if you combine the two) of any team this year.

Comment

It appears Cueto is still not the Royals' savior. In 5 innings, allowed 4 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks. KC best get it gear or face an early and very quick exit. Down 4-2 going to the bottom of the 5th.

Comment

Interesting Royals/Cueto stat. Prior to his 1st start with KC, the Royals were 61-40 / .601. Since his first start (regular season only), they were 34-27 / .557.

Of course, if you subtract his 13 starts in which the Royals were 4-9, they were 30-18 / .625.

Edit: Not saying that Guthrie was any answer (although the Royals did go 12-8 in his starts prior to Cueto), but should they have gone with Finnegan. Hind sight I know, but Brandon had 1 bad outing with the Reds allowing 6 runs in 5 innings, but in his other 3 starts, only allowed 5 runs in 16 innings and no runs in 2 2/3s in relief.
            Last edited by ShockTalk; October 9, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Well, the Royals did get it in gear and won 5-4.

The Cardinals added to my day by shutting out the Cubbies 4-0 to add with the earlier loss by the Jays to go down 0-2 in the series while at home to the Rangers.

Two notes regarding the Cardinals' game: Stephen Pisscotty hit a 2 run HR in the 8th. St. Louis got him as their compensatory draft pick for losing Pujols.
              Saw this little jewel regarding the St. Louis/Chicago rivalry: Cubs-Cardinals have met 2,363 times in the regular season. Tonight was their 1st postseason matchup since St. Louis moved to the NL in 1892.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Saw this little jewel regarding the St. Louis/Chicago rivalry: Cubs-Cardinals have met 2,363 times in the regular season. Tonight was their 1st postseason matchup since St. Louis moved to the NL in 1892.
                I heard that as well....and I still can't believe it. I hope it's a great series. A game 5 in St. Louis would be must see sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I heard that as well....and I still can't believe it. I hope it's a great series. A game 5 in St. Louis would be must see sports.
                  It's not as hard to believe as you would think. It's only been a possibility in the last 20 years. But yes, it has the makings for a GREAT series.
                  78-65

Comment

Since I saw this during the commercials for the NLDS games, I'll put this here.

Did anyone see the Bleacher Report commercials? The commercial used clips from Koch Arena (empty arena and locker room). I had to do a double take on it, but sure enough, WSU was used for a national commercial.
                    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      It's not as hard to believe as you would think. It's only been a possibility in the last 20 years. But yes, it has the makings for a GREAT series.
                      Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        3-4 against both.

KC faced Keuchel on July 26. They got 10 hits and 5 earned runs off him, the most (if you combine the two) of any team this year.
                        Ketchel has not lost at home this season, so it should be an interesting matchup. IDK if he's won 16 or 18 during that stretch.

P.S. Hats off to the Royals tremendous bullpen for doing their usual job and nailing down the W for them yesterday. I think the Astros could use an extra arm or two out there.

Comment

Anyone know if we recruited Keuchel out of Bishop Kelley and if it was even close to getting him here? He played at Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
                            Anyone know if we recruited Keuchel out of Bishop Kelley and if it was even close to getting him here? He played at Arkansas.
                            He smoked us a SP when he was a freshman. I'm sure we recruited him.

Comment

He also played with the Midwest Wolverines with Mitch Castor and Ryan Hege

Comment

Working...
                              X