No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count the number of US players in the 18 when defending corners. 10. We will get scored on off corner second chances if that's not fixed.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Grabbing Turner to keep him from releasing the ball is a yellow card. 100% a miss by ref there.

Comment

• Turner has been fantastic.

Comment

• The foul on Vini Jr was the same ply that wasn’t called on Aaronson.

Vini would have been flagged offside had he scored on that last corner.

Soccer 3G still gotta go.

Comment

• GREAT result!

There's some stuff to work on, but USMNT had some REALLY good chances and played well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
              The foul on Vini Jr was the same ply that wasn’t called on Aaronson.
              I thought it was a weak call.

Comment

Not this one.
                Why does this not matter? Does the Colombia game matter?
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Soccer 3G still gotta go.
                  I'm okay with Berhalter. I have much more concerns over the US system much more than our coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think he meant "not this berhalter out fan". Meaning he believes the game mattered. At least that's how I read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This game matters. Columbia game matters. It’s a book of work not a one game he needs gone and the next he is Sir Alex.

Not this one meant saying this game didn’t matter. It showed that we can compete in spite of Soccer 3G. With a great coach we raise the bar further.

Comment

• I've seen some nasty tackles in my life (maybe even dished out a couple), but Scotland's two-footed cleats-up tackle is right up there with the nastiest of 'em all.

Comment

• OH and ES LEBE DEUTSCHLAND!

Comment

• The US have had the ball on attack for a bit, and here is Brazil's shape. Notice the stryker doesn't give a flip about the US attacking. Nor should he. If his back line clears it, there is a target, and the man he is in theory marking isn't attacking, he's standing back on the halfway line.

Even their 10 doesn't care. He's marking his man, it's his teammates problem to solve right now. He needs to stay foward and be ready to counter. (By 10 I mean the guy playing the 10 position -- the attacking midfielder walking calmly behind the referee while the US is taking a shot).

Now moments later, Brazil is on the attack. Note our stryker, Balogun in this case is deep on defense marking a midfielder.

I have underlined all 10 of our field players. The guy I circled is our lone stryker, Balogun. There is all kinds of bad going on here, and it's Balogun's fault. And not being corrected by Berhalter.

We have two players that aren't marking anybody (question marks)-- they are confused because Balogun is so deep defensively. The lower midfielder is closing out his man, so he knows who to cover, but the other mid is lost.

Now let's look at what happens 2 seconds later and see why Balogun playing so deep defensively is terrible ...

The lower guy I circled is Balogun who should have been marking the dude I drew an arrow to. The guy above him should have been marking another back. Brazil have three players nearly in the attacking third able to play with the ball at will.

This theme repeated itself all night, and it's one reason that Turner had to save our butts over and over.​
                            Last edited by Kung Wu; 1 week ago.

Comment

• Musiala!

Comment

• I know the score is 4 to 1, but Germany scored all 5 goals so ...

Comment

Working...
                                X